Reviews for Partially Kissed Hero
T51b Moridin chapter 11 . 3/19
Woah shit. That was some hella logical arguments. Talk about crazy. Loved it all the same.
Isa Lumitus chapter 12 . 3/19
Wait. Let me get this straight. Fire-crab shells are very valuable. It can take decades (or centuries) for them to reach appropriate sizes. They are endangered. And there's a way to regularly get their shells without killing them?

I know wizards are stupid, but this is amazing. They NEED the statute of secrecy. They're too dumb to live if they catch the eye of muggles as a whole.
Isa Lumitus chapter 11 . 3/19
Prof. Dumb is not as smart as he thinks he is. I meant to bring this up last chapter, but got distracted by the Snape reveals. In Trelawny's case, he's using her advice even as he destroys her ability to provide it. So, from my perspective, he's violating an ancient rule: Don't shit where you eat.

Also, he might be controlling magical Britain, even as he chokes it in his grasp, but what about the rest of the world? As Britain descends into a third-world country, people outside his sphere of influence are going to connect the dots.

Between these two points, I have to say that Prof. Dumb is really failing to plan ahead more than a couple years.

The nickname Prof. Dumb is from Holly Evans and the Spiral Path. I don't think I've called him anything else since reading it.
Isa Lumitus chapter 10 . 3/19
Well, that was certainly different. Caught me completely off guard.

That said, if someone is bound by an unbreakable oath, does it really count as trusting them? I'd rather liked how Methods of Rationality handled it, where the person the oath was sworn to sacrificed them ability to trust the bindee on the issue involved.

Rather nice touch that Snape is so universally hated that dying and getting resurrected is a mundane occurrence.
Isa Lumitus chapter 9 . 3/19
Aww... Poor Bella. I was thinking several paragraphs above that he was kind of ruining her fun, but you've got that covered.
Isa Lumitus chapter 8 . 3/19
How long is going to take for anyone to figure out the Lord of the Rings prank?

Also, I can't help but think that your AN on this chapter was directed at me. People you are willing to sacrifice for trivial reasons may not count as friends, but if you routinely sacrifice people for trivial ends, you're doing it wrong.

Besides, deluded toadies are kind of like friends... if only in one direction. It's not that out of form for a corrupted type of Hufflepuff.
Isa Lumitus chapter 7 . 3/19
I've got question if the ritual for agelessness really deserves to be called dark. Sure, you can't have any kids... But some muggles pay doctors to do that to them. I guess it's a question of what else is in the ritual. Does one have to also sacrifice a person of the opposite gender, acting as a symbolic mate to lose along with the genitals?
Isa Lumitus chapter 6 . 3/19
First, I had some thoughts on your Dark Houses theory. Voldie is a Dark Slytherin. Prof. Dumb is a Dark Ravenclaw. Lucius Malfoy would then be a wanna be Dark Hufflepuff. Just look at his politicking in the Ministry. Actually, now that I think about it, all Slytherins might be low-grade Dark Hufflepuffs. As for Dark Gryffindor? Your Harry is moving in that direction.

The thing about Colonial Sanders was pretty damn funny. It might have been an actual assassination attempt, but people sure will feel stupid when they make the muggle connection.
Nihatclodra chapter 76 . 3/18
umm... if he was actually raised by his parents, how does he have the "signs of abuse" from earlier in the story? and the poor teeth at that matter?
Fletcher chapter 27 . 3/18
I believe that having underworld contacts actually was his use in the books.
Dark Hufflepuff chapter 8 . 3/17
I feel like it would be a group(coven?) of Dark Hufflepuffs, so they would be friends. Also, hard work is a trait of Hufflepuff, that if pointed in the wrong direction, could be very bad.
Mekanimal chapter 45 . 3/16
I am quite liking your additions to JKs mish-mashology
Mekanimal chapter 44 . 3/16
Great chapter! No Wonder muggle common sense is feared by purebloods, this puts gringotts to shame
Mekanimal chapter 43 . 3/16
People complain about your story being educational?! That's like complaining that walking to the shop makes you fitter! Personally I love that your writing contains truths relevant to our reality
Mekanimal chapter 40 . 3/16
Loved the history of archery section, I'm welsh and a qualified 'beginner' archer so there's distinct national pride for me in having some the best longbowmen in history hailing from my country. I wish I was macho enough for a 200 pound draw
14,814 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »