Reviews for Partially Kissed Hero
Sebine chapter 82 . 10/4/2022
Talking about Luna's bush, so soon?
RageRex chapter 43 . 9/28/2022
I truly love your work and appreciate the attention to detail in the stories your works have given me many good laughs, and dopamine rushes.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/28/2022
I believe the intent was the differentiation of 'living' from 'surviving', indicating a certain quality of life or lack thereof.
Gnewwan chapter 103 . 9/24/2022
First of all, it’s one of the best stories in the whole fanfiction universe I have ever read! So sorry because of the fact that it’s not continued and probably never will be ended… A brilliant mix of using things from several universities and things from the Harry Potter series! Such offers ask you are worst gold!
Sorry for my English, it’s my second language and I am basically from Poland… You are from a Slavic country right? if you read that, I hope you will come back one day! As the clever people says, the hope dies at the end! Wish you a good day!
Ricee chapter 12 . 9/19/2022
got bored at chapter 35 the last time I tried to read this, didn't even get halfway to there before I got sick of it. the cringe from the whole fairy thing finally got to me
Sebine chapter 13 . 9/14/2022
I now know you borrowed this from Fable Haven
Sebine chapter 12 . 9/14/2022
So you abandoned this?
Kuman chapter 1 . 9/9/2022
I couldn't even finish this chapter from how damned boring it is and how terrible of a friend Harry is acting to Ron. I quit halfway through but I can already guess that this is probably gonna be an evil Dumbledore and Ron bashing fic. Hard pass
Dekiru Grindelwald chapter 1 . 8/18/2022
He doesn't even give a fuck bout Ron, his best mate. Wouldn't blame Ron if he betrayed Harry.
Dekiru Grindelwald chapter 1 . 8/18/2022
I already hate this Harry
DaSalvatore chapter 74 . 8/18/2022
The past few chapters solidify the idea that the author is American.

- Any country suddenly becomes wonderful after the US invades (so amazingly inaccurate, it's actually horrifying that this was even written down).

- The NFL sports analogy rather than using an idea that wouldn't be understood by 99% of the British population.

- Jesus not being a magical.

It amazes me that the author complained in the previous AN that they had to explain things in more depth rather than getting the plot going, and yet an entire chapter showing off their (admittedly a well-crafted) magical history lesson.

I've realised the problem with this story. The author extrapolates and exposits to the Nth degree in an attempt to fix JK's work that they spend far too many chapters dragging things out. The heroes don't even begin fighting back against the Bumble-Spider until the early 30s chapters.

Here's the thing. The story and author's writing have one major flaw that I feel causes most of the negative reviews. Including some of mine. Pacing. The heroes fighting against the Bumble-Spider stretches on for chapters, drawing the reader in so that there's a vastly more visceral gut punch when the story then shifts to the villain countering/having contingencies. And then these scenes drag on to constantly bash the reader over the head with the fact that Dumbles is so omniscient. And then interlaced with both are reams of moments where the author is showing off just how clever they are by tying all the threads together, or how proud they are of the backstory and deep thought they've put in extrapolating the shallow stuff that is JK's explanations.

I keep reading because the author is a talented writer and the scenes are great when in isolation. But to use their own analogy, rather than building a secure home where everything slots into place neatly, the pace issues, obsession with tangential information, and overall self-congratulatory padding has made the overall story more like the Burrow.

And yes, I do count the Queen stepping in to give them both unicorn powers and sending Sybil back in time to be the Deus Ex Machina ass-pull my previous review guessed would happen. Just because it's set up as a possibility, doesn't mean it isn't a "god" swooping in to grant the heroes their key to victory.
DaSalvatore chapter 63 . 8/18/2022
And this is the point where not only did the suspension of disbelief become obliterated but it's obvious that the author had no sense of control.

The story and author's notes have made it abundantly clear that the author's vision was a villain that cannot be logically stopped at all. Stumbled, held back, or weakened, but not stopped. Not without an ass pull. At this point in time, the heroes would have to set up a type of spiritual destruction that wiped out the main soul and the pieces at the same time in order to win. Because oh no, the villain just happens to have a secret lair in the heroes' new home city. Oh no, the villain just so happens to have randomly used the one piece of magic that keeps it from being discovered. Oh no, the hero just happened to have triggered a fail-safe that will cause the villain to be able to be within the sanctum so he can learn everything that's happened, and make plans to work around the heroes even though he's the secret ruler of the country with a borderline infinite amount of information network outside of this brand new twist to the tale just that we have an "Empire Strikes Back" arc.

Because, of course, the Dumbledore home will have a floor connection that totally bypasses everything set up - thus creating a secret spy Vanishing Cabinet weakness. And of course, the villain is going to see Bones and other ministry personnel who have broken free of him walking around, thus revealing his loss of control.

I can well imagine why this story never got finished. The author constantly layered so much crap in front of the heroes that they realised a satisfactory victory without a deus ex machina moment just wasn't possible.
DaSalvatore chapter 32 . 8/17/2022
"the moment you're done beating him the story is over." And stories have to actually finish.

This story has a number of other plot threads. Riddle, the time travel to save the Fae, anything else that comes up. You've become utterly obsessed with your version of Manipulative!Dumbledore to the point where even with him doped up on "bad luck," he's able to subdue the entire damn country.

I can see exactly what the story is doing. You've decided that Dumbledore needs to fall by the "death of a thousand cuts." What you're doing to get there is ass-pulling crap to constantly keep Dumbledore in power. How is Snape powerful enough to Obliviate the entire Great Hall? How are Hogwarts wards capable of putting whatever random spell he wants whenever he wants?

This story looks to avoid the idiot Manipulator. Instead, it's fallen into the trap of making him have plot armour and whatever upgrades he needs to stay in power for as long as the author fancies the story to keep going.
DaSalvatore chapter 24 . 8/17/2022
While I agree with many of your views on JK's writing, I also think you're heavily blinkered and take things to the extreme. Goblins being one of them.

Think about it. PoA has Bill talking about goblins being killed by the Death Eaters and him attempting to get them to work against Riddle. This obviously means that on a basic level, such a thing should be possible. Then you have Griphook. A goblin that was on the run...but why? The bank stayed open, goblins were still working there. And yet Griphook is on the run, hiding from someone. Why?

Putting aside the shoddy job the trio did to break into Gringotts, you have a goblin on the run who gains access to their legendary and missing sword. It's not hard to imagine him being an outcast of goblin society and then seeing the sword as his way of regaining status.

While it does make sense to have goblins be nasty buggers, having it where they could take half a vault's worth of money for "a small fee" is ridiculous. People like Malfoy would never even consider risking their fortunes if such a thing was the case.

But yes, the "you remembered my name, wizard, and so I will be best friends with you" scenes are really painful to read.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/13/2022
Wow, pretty pathetic Dumbledore bashing here.
17,068 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »