Reviews for Partially Kissed Hero
Jacebralor chapter 9 . 4/20
Best Snape death EVER!
blackbloodywolf chapter 103 . 4/20
this is great please continue
Called Out chapter 99 . 4/19
Still generalizing about Muslims, I see.

Clarifying, I'm not Muslim, I just don't think that narrow mindedness is going to help the situation at all.

You're clearly going to rationalize any pathetic bigotry, so I'm done convincing you of that.

Moving on to the story, I love it, this has to be one of the most original stories I've ever read. Also the most hilarious by far.
Well...that was certainly interesting...sly yet very bold...
Squarekiddo chapter 25 . 4/19
I gotta ask, dosnt it feel sort of dirty to have to explain your every action in this story?
i mean dosnt that sort of defeat the purpose of it being a story if you have to explain yourself after every plot point?
Azeroth the Second chapter 103 . 4/18
This is one of my favorites. You should read Core Threads by Theaceoffire.
Azeroth the Second chapter 27 . 4/16
Ginny and Harry sucks!
Azeroth the Second chapter 14 . 4/15
Sporting is sex for fairies.
Leah chapter 13 . 4/15
Hey I was right about Fablehaven!,that was a great series.
it's genii, isn't it? not geniuses
qwertypous chapter 74 . 4/5
some chapters are fckng annoying like this one. "the work blah blah blah blah blah blah"
qwertypous chapter 42 . 4/4
authors notes are fucking annoying. just write and ignore the flames you idiot.
Newbie1104 chapter 3 . 3/30
I don't really like this, at least up to this point, too much telling instead of showing (for the first few chapter).

Maybe it's because of the time of release but I can't find myself enjoying this kind of OP Harry anymore. I mean, sure, you've given your reason for his change of personality, but it happened in only one or two chapters, too rushed to be believable in my book. If there are changes, I want to see how it gradually play out throughout the story. I want to see that character grows, not just compacted into a couple of paragraphs and be done with it.

Also, OOC (at least in my opinion). Having the knowledge is one thing, being smart enough to use them is another. From my POV, you made Harry get smart all of a sudded because he spent his time learning all summer (which increase the knowledge but has nothing to do with being smart) and having Voldemort's knowledge (again, nothing to do with being smart. He might see how Voldemort operated things in the past and his experience, but for a twelve years old to understand all that? I rather doubt it.). Maybe it's just my take on the character, but certainly canon Harry can't be that smart? Also, his reaction from discovering the truth was also OOC. Harry wasn't that calm and collected.

Over all, in the first three chapters, he appeared to be a Sue for me. But hey, you have your own take on the characters, just stating my opinions.

Also, chess. From the way you described it, Ron wasn't a chess prodigy like canon. He was just a mediocre player at best if he was only using a few tactics that could easily be seen through and countered by Harry after a bit of practice.

Just my thoughts on the story. I got this recommendation from one of my favorites so I decided to check it out. But if this keep up I don't think I'll follow for long.

Goodluck though, I see you still have a lot of people who enjoy your stories.
Harindu chapter 99 . 3/28
I think it's a good story but the personal opinions of the author has reduced the quality of the work. While it's almost impossible to write without including author's opinions the author should give the reader a chance to empathize with him. Which I don't see in this fiction.

OK that's my review on this story. While it's clear that the author don't like Chess games , on an intellectual level I would disagree with his/her points on it about warfare and strategy. Pranking is like guerrilla warfare in that they would use hit and run tactics mostly. But guerrilla warfare is vastly different from open or direct warfare. I think chess resembles direct battle more than any other game. Chess and Battles have different elements with different abilities.(Such as Tanks and riflemen). Both use positional advantages also. The author has pointed out that it's not the case but placing a pawn on a square and placing a soldier on a pass results in the same thing. Which is that a sufficient army can over come the pass and a knight or any other piece can cut the pawn on the square. It's true that there are not many territorial advantages in Chess but there are few territories chess players try to secure (such as center of the board). And it's true that not all parties have equal advantages in real battles. But Chess is a strategy game and not a luck or randomness based game. Thus the players have to use only strategies which would not be the case if someone had more pieces than the other player. Chess games allow players to develop the skill to develop strategies. Whether they choose to create only strategies in chess field or not is dependent on the player.

Another point I would like to point out is that the author is clearly an American citizen or a sympathizer which I am not. And I believe there are many others who would oppose American policy as a principle. This is a quote from Wikipedia about Iraq invasion.
"The Bush Administration based its rationale for war principally on the assertion that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) and that Saddam's government posed an immediate threat to the United States and its coalition allies.[45][46] Select U.S. officials accused Saddam of harboring and supporting al-Qaeda,[47] while others cited the desire to end a repressive dictatorship and bring democracy to the people of Iraq.[48][49] After the invasion, no substantial evidence was found to verify the initial claims about WMDs. The rationale and misrepresentation of pre-war intelligence faced heavy criticism within the U.S. and internationally." The Iraq war caused more than 100,000 civilian deaths. And recent conflicts in Lybia and other countries I believe are also caused by American Government. The plots and projects of CIA and National security agencies are withheld from the public citizens of America and We are not foolish to believe they haven't toppled governments all over the world. It's not conspiracy, all of the secret agencies of the world would do so if they have the opportunity. Thus it's not unreasonable to believe that Muslims have a justifiable cause for causing mayhem against western countries. I don't approve the actions of them but I am saying not any party of this conflict is clean. So you can't say you approve Iraq invasion and not the retaliatory strikes. One of the person I admire most is a Muslim. And I believe the recent Noble prize winner for peace is also a Muslim .You have pointed out that because majority of Muslims do nothing they should also be sentenced to death. Why if that logic is applied to USA every citizen should be held accountable for every act of terror cause by the USA government. You cannot say USA soldiers didn't rape women and children in IRAQ or you cannot say they didn't kill children,women and girls in Vietnam War. But majority of the world don't keep USA citizens accountable for those actions. We don't condemn you to face death but only Muslims should be eradicated. By the way before you accuse I am not a Muslim in any sense and I don't approve some of their culture. It's their choices people should be judged on not on their ethnicity or religion.
Trey of the rebellion chapter 103 . 3/25
Rereading this story at age 18 clued me in on a lot of intricacies I missed when I was 15. Your writing is superb.
14,749 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »