Reviews for Partially Kissed Hero
CaBuckeye chapter 33 . 9/6
If there would have been thinking heroes first year, there would not have been folks leaving the Great Hall after the "Troll!" announcement...just sayin'
CaBuckeye chapter 31 . 9/6
Too bad that I am not a member of the IWC (just your average wiccan), because I vote to declare war on Britain myself. Well written PL.
How this got 15k reviews i dont know. You made an amateur mistake of makeing the hero to powerfull, but i will read on. I hope the story improves.
Alex chapter 20 . 9/4
"when ancient monsters roamed the halls and future dark lords painted threats on walls"
This would sound quite poetic if you removed "future"
hypercell chapter 43 . 9/3
So there are a few things I must comment on about this chapter. I don't care what anyone says about canon or argues with you. Fanfiction is the way the author wants to write it. Unless they ask for an opinion, or are trying to be as canon as possibly, I don't give input often. HOWEVER you stated you like to use facts. Well, here are facts about teeth. Unlike other things, teeth are something you are born with and push through your gums as you age. Therefore, a body does not replace teeth but rather just pushes out the next set that is already in there. But there is a teeth growing spell, as seen in the fourth book. Therefore, you can grow teeth, but only if you still have teeth. But you can easily cut them to shape and put them in, I guess.
Alex chapter 9 . 9/3
"Now see if Dumbledore could still keep Snape in this position!"
Oh, the irony! (I'm rereading, btw)
Joe R chapter 8 . 9/2
The KFC thing at the begining of this chapter had me laughing for almost five minets it was that funny; ).
To the Fans chapter 1 . 9/1
To everyone who loves this story:

Let me state concisely what happens in it, in case you missed it.

1. Harry absorbs part of Voldemort's soul.

2. He proceeds to torture and brutally murder anyone who ever crossed him, notably Draco and Snape.

3. He forms a threesome with Hermione and Luna, when they're THIRTEEN.

4. He gives Hogwarts students Caucasian Creams, to turn them white. No, I am not making this up. I sincerely wish I was.

5. At the end of the fic, he commits genocide against all Muslims in the world.

And most importantly:

6. Despite all this, we are not supposed to see him as evil. We're not supposed to be horrified that Voldemort's personality took over Harry's. We're supposed to root for him.

If you loved this story but you missed all these horrible things, sorry to burst your bubble, but it's true.

If you loved this story because you thought it was an over-the-top parody of Dark!Harry fics, sorry, but the person who wrote it is completely serious. He really advocates everything his mutation of Harry does. Ponder that for a while, and try not to throw up.

If you noticed these horrible things and you loved this story anyway, seek help. Seriously. If you find yourself loving a story despite the author being a racist pedophile who supports genocide, you need help.

If this is your favorite fanfic? If you think this is better than canon? If you wish J.K. Rowling's Harry had really been like this?

You are scum, the very dregs of humanity. There's no help for you. You're made of the same stuff as the most horrible, loathsome people in the world: Donald Trump, Benjamin Netanyahu, Kim Jong Un, Vladimir Putin-all the ignorant, violent bullies who lie, cheat, or force their way into power, who want to set human progress back two hundred years just so they can trample on people they hate, who get off on women and minorities being degraded.

Normally, there's no accounting for taste, but this? This is the lowest of the low, the deranged ramblings of a psychopath. Having this as your favorite story is like having dog shit as your favorite food, or nails on a chalkboard as your favorite music. It's not only horrifying, but it makes no sense.

My final advice to this story's fanherd and its "author"? Burn in hell. There's no other place for people like you.
Flametusk chapter 34 . 8/31
Chapter 34: I love this qulte: A formation that works for a battalion of tanks isn't going to help a bunch of delivery trucks going up against tanks.
Flametusk chapter 30 . 8/31
Chapter 30: REALLY enjoying the story so far. The first line of this chapter blew my mind. This story really lives up to its genres. Can't wait to see what happens in the rest of the story!
Procrastinating Tendencies chapter 46 . 8/31
To quote Mirror Behind the Wall;

"Well first of all, I have to say that I've very much enjoyed reading this fanfic thus far. I especially love the Colonel Sanders (and friends) conspiracy.

However, there was one point that I felt necessary to review on before continuing (and I do hope you've already recieved reviews on it). I find the concept of the Caucasian Creams and how the characters in the story treated them to be very troubling. Yes, there is a touch of a "fad" in some South Asian countries (such as India, as mentioned) to have lighter skin, just as many caucasians attempt towards darker skin. However, I don't think that so many students would have given up their ethnic pride in the face of adversity. Using a Harry Potter analogy: would a muggleborn wish to become a pureblood if given the choice? It would mean denying their ancestry, their family, their entire sense of being. I really disliked how this was treated and I sincerily hope that in the rest of what is left to read, I don't encounter this again-I will stop reading if this is the case, which is a shame because this fanfiction is quite imaginative.

When it comes down to it, I don't think that most people would take Caucasian Creams, unless they were like Percy as portrayed in canon-willing toadies of the government. Most would get up and leave Britain or attempt to fight the system.

Aside from that, looking forward to reading the rest!"

I completely agree with this author's statement and will likewise follow. The Caucasian Cream gag is utterly tasteless and insensitive especially now in 2016 with the escalation of attacks of Black individuals in America and across the globe. Petitions and rallies are under way just to state that "Black Lives Matter". Every race has ethical pride and their own equivalents of beauty, what count for status and wealth also.

In certain parts of India you would be looked down upon to not marry someone of relation to you like a second cousin, be the recipient of an arranged marriage or married to a close family friend. In some extreme cases, children would be exiled/disowned/killed if they were to marry outside of their race. Not all follow this mold, however it is quite common for certain members of this culture.

I found no humor in this gag, I was appalled at the racist dig. To further quote Mirror behind the walls , "Using a Harry Potter analogy: would a muggleborn wish to become a pureblood if given the choice? It would mean denying their ancestry, their family, their entire sense of being. I really disliked how this was treated and I sincerely hope that in the rest of what is left to read, I don't encounter this again-I will stop reading if this."
To deny one's ancestry, to conform to the standards on one races's level of beauty, by using "Caucasian Cream" would be the highest form or cowardice from an ethical-racial perspective.
The line has to be drawn somewhere and you have more than crossed it.
Phantomslap chapter 103 . 8/29
Please come back.
GandalfTG chapter 38 . 8/29
It's so very rare that Harry ever gets revenge against the Dursleys that it's nice to see when it happens, especially when it's a really good bit of revenge too. :)
Corwyn chapter 103 . 8/29
I have to tell you, I am *LOVING* this story. I do hope you get a chance to get back to it, and thank you so very much for sharing it with us so far.
Ardwolf chapter 43 . 8/28
I was actually impressed with your theory on why magic blocks electronics, and particularly impressed with your view of fae magic being sort of "anti-wizard" magic.

It also fits quite well with fae being reality-warpers, both in myth and modern day fiction. My own stories deal with fae magic in a less-reality warping and more "dimensional" model, but I certainly applaud your elegant solution.
15,464 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »