Reviews for Partially Kissed Hero
WulfMage chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
First let me compliment you on the story. It is enjoyable and quite well written thus far.

As far as your pairings go. Please do not add anyone else to Harry's Harem. Frankly, I think Hermione barely belongs there - the Harry/Hermione attraction seemed a little artificial. Adding Ginny for the sake of a few fans will kill your story. And let the Ginny fans read any one of the hundreds of other stories online. Do you know how difficult it is to find a story where Harry is NOT paired with Ginny? Extremely difficult I assure you. I know because I look almost everyday for new ones. They just don't turn up as often as they used to before Book 7. All the creativity seems to have disappeared since Book 7. Ignore the Ginny-fan club. They have plenty of stories to satisfy them. Do write something for the rest of us who like to read a different twist from JKR.

Keep up the good work.
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 16 . 9/13/2008
Well. Dumbledore with the Pure Blood race sounds quite a bit like the SS and the Aryan race. Interesting, and dangerous what they did!

Interesting new bodies as well. Converted to being primary! What if any of them have children with a mortal? Would that said half-Fae child be like Dior, Thingol's Heir in the Silmarillion by Tolkien?

CT
Silver Gaurd Saito chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
About Ginny, no, just no.

There are more than enough stories out there with Harry paired up with Ginny. And to be frank, that pairing disgusts me on levels that I can't begin to describe in any language currently known to man. So please, for the love of all that is good and holy, keep her out of it.

Other than that, I'm enjoying your story so far.
Ebona Nite chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
Another great chapter! Although now I'm waiting for the rumormill to get started on the fact that both Luna and Hermione are Harry's fiances. That should make for som interesting talks.

On a personal note, I'm also anti-Ginny pairings. Doesn't she look an aweful lot like his mother? Diary-incident aside she isn't even that close to Harry except through her brother, who obviously is not close to Harry in the fic, and I always assumed she'd be similar to her mother in temperment and never much liked Molly Weasley's coddling and furious temper and minimal humor (she never did support the twins, who are among my favorite characters!).

And I'd like to see more of Fred and George. They could help prank Dumbles and the Ministry. Maybe be brought into the new trio's confidence about them being fairies? That's my suggestion for the day!

Can't wait for the next chapter, please update again soon!
Prospera3 chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
I think you should leave Ginny out of it. Maybe make her a closer friend or something similar but she would always be like the tag-along right now because she is so far behind the others.

As for Fletcher you can send him on missions you want flubbed but need to be seen as doing something. Dumbledoor always gives second chanes so if Fletcher promised to not mess up...why wouldn't dumbledoor let him try? Also he makes a great fall guy.
Angelfirenze chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
I think Harry and Ginny should have stayed friends. Ignoring one another for six years and then suddenly not being able to get enough of one another is flat-out ridiculous. I'd be happy to see Ginny and Harry remain friendly and dispense with all this 'sexual tension' that amounted to a crushing young Ginny putting her elbow in the butter bowl or dropping things whenever Harry entered the room. That's normal young girl crushing behavior, but you can't have her say five years later that she's gotten over him only to turn around and literally fling them together. And the idea that any of the canon pairings (with the exception of Tonks/Remus which, while completely unexpected, definitely could have been done more enjoyably) would still be together after all this time elapsed in the epilogue is nigh on astonishing and entirely unlikely. Hermione would more likely have cursed Ron into the Long-Term Damage Ward or Ron would have abandoned his family after some slight of his ego.

Harry and Ginny would have been more realistic if it hadn't been so rushed. If, those nineteen years later, they were in a committed unmarried relationship and we were given indication that they actually loved one another as more than friends and not objects of lust and/or in Ginny's case, being starstruck, then I would have been much more receptive to it. Didn't go like that, though.

And I love multiple sided pairings if they can be done realistically, i.e. a believable situation.

But back to the chapter as a whole - it's great that we can see that not a lot of time has passed for everyone else, being that Ron still thinks he has a place with Harry and Hermione when there's anything but at the moment. I'm tempted to laugh at the 'Snape's Magical Pimping Service' advertisement but still have those reservations where I do actually like him, but just reading that line out loud is fodder for giggles.
Akitesyu chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
For once, Im not just going to rant, but respond to your questions.

First, Ginny Weasley should not be in Harrys littl Harem for one very good reason. She doused him with a love potion in the canon. How else do you explain the random appearence of a "beast" that roared for Ginnys affections? Seriouslly, the only reason I dont rip JKR more about her damn plotholes is that her books are meantfor children, and even then you only need to pay a little attention to the details to expose these plotholes.

One reason Dumbles used Fletcher is do to the wizarding worlds "sheepness" ie. Fletcher was one of the few who were willing to stand upo to Voldy, except his wasnt bravery but stupidity. But I agree with your assesment about Dumbles reasons for Fletcher, after all war is a dirty buisness and you sometimes need to be discrete and illegal.
Magnificent the Destroyer Lord chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
Actually, I had thought that JKR had specifically hinted at it if not out-right stated for all the world to know - especially since if he could just waltz in and nab the locket (*shudders at the idea*), what's stopping him from nabbing other invaluable goodies (such as Order orders [pun intended]) and selling them off to nearest bidder? (I can't remember, but did Dumbles have to specifically let people know "The Order of the Kentucky Fried Fat-heads can be found at ... blah ..." for people to be able to find it by any means, or could people get around it? Ex. Death Eaters noticing lots of known Order people heading for specific locations and hanging around until they could kdinap one?)

As to the issue of Ginny, I firmly believe in the ideas that (1) the author gets final say regardless of mob rule and (2) the story characters write the story, not the author/other peons (no offense). If you could do it without sacrificing story integrity and you feel like either the story itself demands it (or you feel like doing it), then go for it! Otherwise, I would personally advise against main story restructuring. (I'm also a firm believer in "If it ain't broke, dun't fix't! [grammar joke]) The story is progressing amazingly for what it's doing right now, so I would repeat myself in advising against the rearranging.

Good luck with the story, and don't let the angry mob get you down

M*T*D*L*

P.s. What happened to the Author rants? I found them quite amusing as well as though-provocative.
Linnorria chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
Great chapter. Hermione definitely needed that. :D Now for the reaction time to Luna and Hermione's engagement to Harry. That should be interesting. Seeing as he's only 13 too.

I agree with your reasons for not adding Ginny, as making her an equal partner would be difficult. While her and Harry could have worked in canon, the build up was very lacking, and very disappointing. Ginny was supposedly a headstrong girl who could empathize with Harry's possession and difficulties with a dark lord. Wasn't that the reason for the chamber of secrets? Instead she let's herself get nicely put away with an excuse for "continuing her education" in a Voldemort-run school. (and just how in the world was he able to get control of Hogwarts anyway? the board of Governors?) And while Harry might have needed her to be "safe" that is going a bit far.
Lizard King chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
Great ideas here with good execution, but I get the feeling the story's spinning out of the author's control. We're getting big infodumps and the characters receive massive powerups very fast with no real effort involved. This drains some of the dramatic tension from the story. They should work harder to get these new abilities - or they should have some major drawbacks that no one's noticed yet.
TrekFan101 chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
I completely agree with your reasoning of why Ginny shouldn't be on the list. Every point you raise is valid, but in the end only one thing counts...

It's your fic, write it as *you* want. If others feel so strongly about Ginny, let them write their own fics and put Ginny up on whatever pedestal the want...

Good work as ever... Well Done!

Nice insight on Dung, by the way.. :)
kewr69 chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
You got a Great story going here. as far as Ginny 'I look Just like a young Lily Evans' weasley goes. it might work better if you paired her with ron. The fact that she is a fan girl don't help any either. but thats just my opinion.
deleted92 chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
Greetings. I am really enjoying the story. I quite like the trio dynamic you have established; I would not add Ginny. The Hermione/Luna opposition is brilliant and Ginny would ruin it. I can't see all three girls coexisting peacefully.

Anyway, great job with the story. You have a wonderful command of the language. I like the manipulative Dumbles as well. Please keep writing!

cheers,

-Q-
Lord Dragon Claw chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
I assume that's why Dumbles has Fletcher. I realized it from the get-go when the character was introduced in the book.
Kail Blade chapter 27 . 9/13/2008
I think Fletcher's contacts were the only reason he was in the order. It's the most common one anyway
15,561 | « Prev Page 1 .. 882 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 902 .. Last Next »