Reviews for Partially Kissed Hero
blue artemis chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
I love that he rescued Alice. That was lovely. And the same with the Queen's idea for Sybil.
Firehedgehog chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
very nice twists
nic767 chapter 20 . 8/20/2008
I never leave reviews but just wanted to tell you that Snape and Dumbledore finding cole slaw in their potions and that whole scene really made me laugh.

Thanks and keep it up.
noylj chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
Snape was a giant horse's ass with no redeeming features.

He was more than willing for James and Harry to be killed if he could have Lily as a sex slave. That is not love. That is not a feeling I have any connection with or understanding of. He did throw the sword into a frozen pond. That was certainly a truly brave and generous action.

A world with a Snape, Bumbles, Gaunt, or Malfoy is a world that still needs a few good deaths.
BlaznSpecter chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
very good chapter, not as entertaining as others but the story has to built up somewhere.
Geovanni Luciano chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
I actually prefer American McGee's version of Alice. This is actually the first hint of a Harry/Hermione/Luna direct, with Harry telling Alice of his intent with Luna.

Geovanni Luciano
Asgeras chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
Awesome use of Lewis Carroll's series. Great series and it's nice to see somebody incorporate them in a crossover. Also, it makes sense to do so. Harry will definitely need quite a few resources in the battle ahead.

Well, that's it from me, for now. Thanks for the wonderful update.
Angelfirenze chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
*grins at your assessment of Snape* I've pretty much thrown canon!Snape out of the window as Rowling's version of good deeds, etc., is terribly, terribly shallow. It took seven books for the Malfoys to show even a glimmer of humanity. She brainwashed us into thinking Gryffindor was automatically the best House - even now, I have to pause and remember that Slytherin doesn't automatically equal evil and that people's choices matter so much more than what House they were Sorted into at eleven mere years of age. There's a story called 'All At Once' by Aurilia that has Harry Sorted at the age of seventeen due to the Dursleys not allowing him to attend Hogwarts and his summation of the tragedy of the Sorting is simply fantastic. It's a horrible way to run a school, acting as though there are only four types of people in the world and that this or that personality facet sets their entire course in life. It's moronic, really. In fact, my favorite plot twist is not having Harry Sorted at all. The flexibility such a thing creates is fairly liberating, not to mention that it's like throwing ice water on the crowd assembled. *chuckles*

You'd think that with all the complaints I have about canon, that I hated the books. There's really no point. Simply using the books as a template and writing things as without bias as I possibly can is more my goal than anything. Even Tom could have had a decent shot at being a good man if it hadn't been for the choices he made - so I posit to you: what sort of situation do you think Tom could find himself in that would have changed his outlook on life? I actually found a story here once (pity it had the canon ships) where Harry and Ginny raise Tom with their other children after a successful trip back in time to find him as a baby leads to them sparing his life and trying to raise him themselves.
Mikee chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
What a fun chapter. I was wondering if Trelawney would still be influenced by the Unctuous Unction if Harry were to revert to his fairy appearance.

I'm also wondering why Harry went to the Department of Mysteries to get time-turners when Hermione told him that his future self offered them a pair of time-turners - I realize he rescuted Alice Lovegood, but the time-turner bit confused me.

You wrote, "First item on the agenda was to obtain some time turners, and that meant a trip to the Department of Mysteries." Yet it seems that his first action was to rescue Alice; though, I must say ... I quite enjoyed that. Will Alice emerge from the mirror and talk with Luna.? Will Alice be of assistance to the kids even though I understand that she won't be the focus of the story.

I'm quite looking forward to more - especiall the kids freeing Fawkes from Dumbles.

Thank you.
bissek chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
Harry still has one advantage in the three-way Dark Lord war - the other two may have targeted him, but they both currently think that he is a piece on the gameboard, not another player.
Paladeus chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
Hidy hidy! *Waves like a loon*

You've certainly got a unique writing style. Both this story and "Chunin Exam Day" have a way of going into metaphors and point of view scenarios relevant to the situation that keep things interesting, informative and amusing. While the plot tends to not advance quickly, it allows for continual updates, good information and intriguing concepts as a whole. While some of what you say is simply conjecture, they're valid questions to begin with.

I find it amusing that Sybil will always have that best friend vibe for Harry. That's just funny.

Alice Lovegood was an interesting bit. I hadn't totally considered that he may free her without some big scheme. To be honest, I very much enjoy how you have the Lovegoods have a history in the fantastical and tie in a bit of myth and folklore to everything. I like her with a history with faeries and seers, but never really thought of putting her into the same position you have. I like it as a whole. And Harry always has that ally on his side, now. _~

I laughed my bum off when you mentioned satyrs chasing Trelawney around. I have to remember she looks something like Hermione, now. Otherwise, it just gets creepy. But as a whole, it's an amusing concept.

No dislikes. You're doing well as always.

Paladeus
Yaraslava Rada chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
Good chapter! Update again soon please!
Innortal chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
Excellent diatribe, and excellent work once again on the story, I hope to see more soon, and can't wait to see the Lovegood reunion.
Whatever Star chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
Love this story. Gotta agree with what you said about snape. Evil in my books whatever little good he did. This story's starting to get interesting. Curious as to whats going to happen once dumbledore does actually start to piece together that something big is happening
RockBane chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
Well, it seems Alice is well taken care of and I can't wait to see what they were discussing with the new Dryad.
15,033 | « Prev Page 1 .. 883 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 903 .. Last Next »