Reviews for A Proper Bunk
gonekrazy3000 chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
I am pretty sure i love this story!
More mal/river please :D
thetreasure11 chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Last line was perfect! I mean, I liked the rest of it too, but the way a story ends can make or break it and that ending made it!
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
I like River's idea on having a proper bunk. :D

Thanks for writing.
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Very sweet and true, thanks for posting.

-Ellie
ShadowAkiyah chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
I don't often delve into this pairing, but I have a feeling that your fic might just send me to take a look at some more. You wrote this beautifully. Thanks for sharing.
Ashmo21 chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
This was soo good. A bit fluffy but good fluffy _ Is there anyway you'd make this into a longer fic or add a sequel? Either way, this was lovely!
DSDragon chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
While I don't normally go for anything other than Mal/Inara, this was a cute little fic. Although, I do feel that I should point one thing out:

According to the Serenity RPG manual, Serenity has five crew quarters (two double-sized and three single) and four passenger dorms. The two double-sized cabins are taken by Zoe (and Wash, before the BDM) in one, and Mal in the other. Two of the single quarters are taken by Kaylee and Jayne. I imagine the fifth bunk is either empty or used as storage (it was probably either Wash's or Zoe's before they got married and moved his/her things into the double-bunk), but could probably be emptied easily. So there's definitely a bunk should River decide she wants one of her own.

Of course, I've just shot down the whole premise of your story, but I'll just chalk it up to author's perorgative/fan-wanking in the name of The Story, since I liked the story so much anyway. *wink*
The Puppeteer chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Wow. Just Wow. I'm so happy a new Mal/River writer is on board. Not many of them around but I love this couple so much. This is definitely a great story and I would totally love to read a fic of yours that had several chapters. I plan on reading and reviewing your oter fics.

I think River we well written and in character. I would love to know more about what she was feeling though, mentally. She's so cerebral that it would be great to see if by any chance she can tap into his emotions in that moment.

Which is something I always wondered about. After BDM, or I should say while watching in the scene when River is handcuffed in that room and she wa able to read Mal's thoughts. The extent of her connection with Mal. I think that's something a lot of writers haven't tapped into. The Mal/River fans definitely see a connection, but the film definitely solidified it. River didn't do that with anyone else. Yet, I believe twice she did that with Mal. Sort of like an entertwined fate, yet not knowing that it's the case but it's there. You sort of mentioned it in this fic when she was thinking of Mal. It made me wonder if by any chance they dreamed of one another before they met. They had some sort of inkling of one another. Something which ignited that sense of familiarity. Mainly because it still boggles me that Mal took them back in after watching BDM, after River's episode. He had no reason to do that, and even more so not to allow them to come back. Or even his worry at the end of the mission. We need more writers with your ability to expand on these things.

Mal was great. I really liked how you portrayed him but you totally need to add more dialogue. Mal is a charismatic sarcastic talker. It'd be great to see more of that. It was nice that River was able to make him hesitate.

I have a challenge to give you. A several chaptered story, no less than..hm...50,0 words. Meh, fine less than that, as long as with chapters. The return of Inara. There are barely any stories really focusing around Inara/Mal/River triangle, while keeping Inara in character. To many have made Inara into a mean spirited twit, which she wasn't. But I would like to see how jealousy plays a part here on both River and Inara's part. Thrown in with a bit of "cerebal" discussions between River/Mal-if that's possible. _ Maybe even a mission to add some action and excitement.

That's the challenge. Or just continue writing more one-shots that are so entertaining. Although, i"m totally supportive of a full chaptered story. I love writing and you totally have a fan here.
Lunatic Lorenzio chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
great story very cute. and i really liked that the whole angsty "i shouldn't" stuff didnt drag on for too long, sometimes it goes on a little too much, but this was good, it was there, but it was overpowering the whole story :)
Gwenfrewi72 chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
Friggin' beautiful and totally awesome. *passes out in delight*