Reviews for Sensate Focus
shipperatheartrealistbynature chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Excellent use of Sweets, whom I always love to see like this: a little frustrated and grasping at straws to find the right angle to get through to them (without actually butting their heads together) while still carefully treading the minefield of denial, which he knows would have them snapping shut like clams and/or running for the hills in no time. Good job!

The little private tête-a-têtes during those sessions are also spot-on (you can just *see* ED with that slight frown and nodding at what Booth whispers at her) and well-used.

‘My closet is quite large’; Brennan and metaphors…oy!

I’m starting to enjoy the tag-teaming on Sweets that’s patently visible in Man in the Mud (I was curious whether you’d come up with this before or after that ep; it’s even more brilliant if you came up with it before!)

‘They'd be back. Because when that explosion happened...when they tried to fit in one piece of mail too many...it was going to light up the sky. God help the innocent bystanders.’

Now I’m very curious what that last piece of mail will be—and I can’t wait for that explosion! Which, judging the title of this instant classic and the rating, is bound to rock my socks off (it’ll ‘float my boat’, hihihi; sorry, I’ll be done with the 5 steamboats shipping co innuendo now…)

I’m in on this thrill ride, ladies!
retrospectoscope chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
woohoo! i am so loving this fic already guys! cannot wait for more! you make a great pair, writing together... and are writing the characters perfectly! poor sweets! booth and bones are hilarious together, and so good at zoning out everything else, it'd be so furstrating for him!

keep up the good work, update soon! please?
LadyJaye chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Very interested to see what that explosion will look like. Nice beginning, very much what I'd expect from a therapy session with Bones & Booth :)
December Wind chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Yes! Light up the sky with fireworks! Pretty pretty fireworks! Everyone loves fireworks!
LordLanceahlot chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Hey, this looks so intruging! Poor Sweets. I really felt for the guy. Today my friends were being so frustrating, so I can totally relate with the kid. :) ARGH, lol. But can't wait to see what happens!
jenmo4981 chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
aw. I heart you two too.

And lucky me got a dramatic reading while driving home. And spoilers.

YAY!
fanofbones chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
lol...that was hilarious and of course I want to see the explosion...

fab
L.typhoon chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
I can't wait for the explosion!

Update soon!
Insert Something Memorable chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Ooh, liking it so far! And also, kinda ridiculously excited about the prospect of more :p Sweets is awesome (well, he's grown on me, didn't like the premise (may not be the word I'm looking for) for his character, but he's just too awesome not to like), so I'm glad he's in there, and the rest looks great as well. Loved Brennan's "Are you saying I am?", and the way they were whispering/not including him in their conversation, like in the show.
laperkin chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
yay a new story already! :) mailbox and closet lol. I'm glad they got outta that! lol

I like Bren's comment "My closet is quite large. It could contain a great deal of mail." LOL great job!

grand theft auto is a great game to play- its fun to see Sweets play that :)
danireed chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
that was funny to see Sweet's get all mad. and i cant wait to see the explosion looks like.
space77 chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
So far so good! Curious to see where you go with this based on your summary though...

And I love how B&B play off of Sweets and end up getting what they want in the end. You guys write that so well! I was so feeling Sweets' frustration right along with him! Poor Dr. Geeks!

Can't wait for more!

~Space
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Hi there girls,

God you have to wonder about poor Sweets, Bones and Booth were definitely not what he signed up for. I reckon they would be therapy enough for him too. I can see why he would get so frustrated with them...but you are right, they will be back and right soon too. I can not wait for that explosion. I think that that is what everyone is waiting for and I for one will be cocooned in my own little protective bubble waiting for it...

Onward bound girls...

Ger
cordy2007 chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Yes yes yes. I want to se them explode. Please update soon.
ForAReason chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Your title was driving me nuts trying to figure out what it meant so I finally wiki'd it and OMG! You soo are going to get to the latter stages, right? LOL. It's kinda like tantric, yes?

Jamie knows how much I adore her layered psychology in her stories (it's pretty much what I live for ;-p) so I'll have to tell you, Mia, how much I do in this one too. Wonderful.

Loved the closet/mailbox metaphor and loved even more that they are totally oblivious as usual...

"My closet is quite large. It could contain a great deal of mail."

LOL!

Can't wait for the next chapter of explosions and exploring. :-)

Ali