Reviews for Sensate Focus
lifesabitch25 chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
That whole mailbox, closet scene LMAO
Clair chapter 32 . 3/10/2013
Hey I really really enjoyed it! U r gr8!
marceline19 chapter 6 . 3/11/2013
I love the "don't you dare hug me"!
KatieBeth503 chapter 9 . 1/23/2013
I must have an exceptional subconscious memory. It's been FOUR YEARS and I knew I remembered there being something important about chapter 8.
KatieBeth503 chapter 8 . 1/23/2013
Hey, so, you wrote this a really long time ago, and it's like 1:30 am years later and I'm rereading it again, because it stuck in my mind so much that I *remembered the title* and looked it up on FFN so I could read it again, so, if you even still check whatever email is tied to this, I'll bet you're surprised to be getting a review (especially since I probably reviewed this the first time I read it) but I had to tell you something. This story... well it just makes so much sense! So, backstory, I have OCD, K? And I've always been a hopeless romantic. But my parents, who I thought had the most romantic story in the world, split up when I was 12, and my father turned into a royal jerk (or rather showed his true colors that had been there all along), and I started feeling rather... disillusioned. Then I went through high school without ever going on a date because somehow I was THAT undesirable, and I started thinking... maybe it's all in my head. Maybe romance and love aren't real, it's just a pipe dream that I'm holding onto that doesn't exist in reality, only fiction. And that thought scared me a lot, made me really sad, and I kind of gave up. Then I started watching Bones, and once again, absolutely adored this fictional non-couple couple, started reading and writing fanfic again, started thinking like a romantic again... I identify closely with Brennan, and I couldn't help but see myself in her, and sort of unconsciously start to believe that if love was possible for this fictional character who seemed so ill-suited for it, just like myself, if her characterization was as realistic as I felt it was and she could find it, eventually, even if she struggled like I did, maybe it was out there. Just maybe. Enough to hope for.

Then the 100th episode happened, and it tore my heart out. "I can't change". "I gotta move on." No! These aren't things that my role model for romance couple can do! It can't fail for them, because if love fails even in an idealistic fictional world, how on earth can it be possible in the raw, painful real world? I stopped watching the show. I couldn't anymore. The thought of them going on like that made me so sad it was as if it was happening to me. I attributed all this to my OCD - that I pin too much on whatever I'm currently fixated on and when something sets it off kilter, I go with it. I wouldn't even let anyone talk about the show in my presence until a friend finally blurted out a happy spoiler without asking my permission first because she knew I would want to hear it. I watched a couple pivotal episodes, and I was happy. I figured I'd quit while I was ahead and I didn't watch any of season 7 or 8... until I unintentionally found out, again, that things were going well, and... sort of stayed up for three straight days catching up on the series. That was a month ago, and it's what brought me back to fanfic-land. I still prefer not to think about ep 100 or certain story arcs, but that everything turned out okay thus far has allowed me to view it more as a bump in the road (no pun intended) which I feel is realistic and adds to the credibility of their relationship. I still don't watch new episodes until someone pre-screens them for me to make sure they won't upset me (remember? OCD? Also panic disorder. I left that one out. The two don't go well together, by the way) but I'm not HURT over it anymore. Which I realize you probably think is silly, since it's a TV show, but I'm pleading mental disease or defect here, so overlook it.

In any case, as I'm sure you've guessed what I'm getting at, reading this story again has made me feel so much more normal (and identify with Brennan in a whole new way). She put her faith in love and romance and long term relationships on Angela and Hodgins' relationship. When it started to fall apart, so did she. I put my faith in those things in her and Booth's relationship. When that started to fall apart, so did I. The fact that you even wrote this, makes it seem less insane that I would think that way. And reading it again, able to identify with the situation in a whole new way, is amazing. Also, you guys keep cracking me up with random bits of hilarity like the listening stick double entendres.

So anyways, in case you didn't realize it, I just wanted to let you know that your premise is solid and certainly possible with a partially insane person like Brennan (or me) in the mix. And that I'm really enjoying reading it again. So, thanks for writing it... a really long time ago. ;)
Guest chapter 32 . 12/24/2012
wow what a ride...this is so great! thanks guys. _
BonesOMG chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
omg this story totally blew my mind! sooooo great! you guys should write more stuff! love it! thanks!
EveyEve1215 chapter 5 . 12/25/2012
Sweets is an idiot, a lucky idiot though. Angela and Hodgins are so psychologically insightful... when talking about Brennan & Booth... very interesting. I wonder when they catch on about the therapy sessions really being for their marriage and not Brennan and Booth. And when does Brennan and Booth realize that Sweets to trying to get them to confess their feelings for one another.
JK chapter 32 . 12/2/2012
I just came across this fic. I LOVED it. I could not do anything today until I finished it. Thanks for writing it.
Shoultastic chapter 16 . 6/7/2012
Temperance Blue...love it...too hot
Shoultastic chapter 15 . 6/7/2012
That was incredible...wow
Shoultastic chapter 7 . 6/7/2012
OK I can see this is an old story but I have just started it. You guys are really funny. The bit with Brennan asking Angela about looking at shoes after telling Booth off-I laughed out loud...
pengumahalx chapter 32 . 12/18/2011
I just finished reading the entire fanfic (all in one night...I tried to let it go but I could not put it down!) and you guys did a fabulous job! I loved everything about your fanfic, especially the parts in Sweets POV...hilarious! I thought it was pretty accurate and you stayed true to character for the most part. I especially loved how you made Brennan more open and less-ice-queeny...I know that's how she is in the series, and I love that about her, but I also love to see more of her vulnerable side. So I'm glad that was incorporated more into the fanfic :) she's such a complicated and dynamic character...and Booth? Yeah, he's fantastic and I love him to bits lol. Once again I applaud your genius! Yay! _ Awesome job guys!
Rangers042376 chapter 32 . 10/29/2011
I absolutely loved this story!
zombienath chapter 32 . 10/9/2011
This was adorable, in your own special, angst-filled way. You two are seriously amazing, you know that?

Heehee... I was hoping one of them would hit Sweets in the end, just as a little bit of payback. I'm still feeling a bit vindictive.
1,737 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »