Reviews for Careworn Lives
Phoenixx Rising chapter 7 . 6/1/2015
Enjoying this story. Please update soon.
ReadReedRed chapter 6 . 5/29/2011
This story is so good! Please don't wait another 2 years before updating it! Pleeeeaaaase! :P
Saber Wing chapter 7 . 2/13/2011
Ah, son of a bitch that's a bad cliffhanger. Thanks for updating so soon though! Keep it up :)
floutistvivi chapter 6 . 2/13/2011
Glad to see ur alive! great chappie btw!
Saber Wing chapter 6 . 2/12/2011
Wow, and I mean wow. When I saw that you had updated, I couldn't believe it! I've thought about this story quite a bit over the course of the past two years, hoping and praying it would one day be finished. My prayers were answered :'D

I'm going to go back and read it all again, but this fic had such an impact, I remember the details even after all this time. I'm concerned about Squall, and heartbroken over Laguna too :(

Please, please, continue this now. Please? ;_;
Supermangas92 chapter 5 . 1/28/2011
Please make a sequel : at chapter 1 it was great and now it's very very very very very great !
Franz chapter 5 . 5/10/2010
Awesome update soon KAY!
floutistvivi chapter 5 . 12/16/2009
no...the cliffie is going to kill me. plz update soon!
Maloire chapter 5 . 11/1/2009
Gah, crazy turn of events! Chaos ensues!

Man, if the disease doesn't get him, all that stress will lead to a heart attack ! Aw crap, I was wondering about the coughing bit. We haven't seen any more symptoms from Laguna yet, but wasn't expecting Squall would develop them already! Hm, it seems that the people vs personal problem dilemma has reared its head on the Loire/Leonheart family again!

Minor stuffs that may need tweaking:

Laguna was at a lose

~ loss

hand on his comrades shoulder

~ comrade’s

the Elder's wouldn't allow

~ Elders

the giant T-rexsaur made while

~ T-Rexaur

garden anymore with it's overflowing

to a women whom I loved

~ woman

before it's long sleep in space.

~ its

You're country was the one

~ Your

Under who's orders,

~ whose

PS Don't think I've said it yet, but the title is an interesting one! Fits very well
Maloire chapter 4 . 11/1/2009
Hm, so Cid’s in on the deal, eh? Guess it wouldn’t have been too hard for him to put it together, this makes for a very manipulative man! Interesting twist. And yet, how come no one’s pointed this out earlier? Ah Kiros...

Problems with the communication frequency? Sounds a bit foreboding! Anyway, man that Rubison, sure doesn’t waste y time, huh? Seems like studying the humans has made him forget the ways of his people, funny that. I’m glad to see that the OC fits well into the story!

Love the picture! I'll have to log into DA sometime and post something for that!

Just a few things:

Kiros had lead Laguna back

~ led

he starred up at the

with these [bought's] ever

~ bouts

Squall just starred and

~ stared

plant life has died in it's wake.

fighting a loosing battle,

~ losing

council elder's to action

~ elders
Maloire chapter 3 . 11/1/2009
AH! Maritine - never really liked the guy. Grr. Oh man, oh man. Love the details from the game interwoven perfectly in the story. Totally fits. Too bad the Moombas weren't able to tell Laguna of this earlier. Bah, and ol' Caraway... His daughter's never going to forgive him (okay, so he doesn't know about the engagement or Squall's family but still... tsktsk).

OH crap, oh crap, oh crap! Laguna sprung it on him just like that. *deep breath* Wow.

"cry baby who seemed to escape death by simply tripping over his own feet to avoid it; and miraculously running the largest country on the planet" HAHA, so true and yet, so awesome.

M, I like the ending of the chapter. Definitely hit the right notes.

Few small things:

again as she [starred]

~ stared

"You're a horrible [lier]."

~ liar

[companions] comment

~ companion's

fire up [it's] engines

during [it's] repairs

all of [it's] lights ... with [it's] dark

Squall just [starred] at

Maloire chapter 2 . 11/1/2009
Shumi! Hm reminds me a bit of FF7 or Spirits Within, but I guess in a good way! Sadly it does relate to our own plight, eh? Gotta go green. Whoa, seriously, I never expected a Shumi to be behind this craziness! Like NORG but more crafty.

AHAHa! Oh dear, it seems Kiros was a bit too trusting on the whole "Let's run off to Balamb" plan, he should've known there'd be a twist XD! Sweet, Moomba power. Those guys are very underrated in the FF world. Glad you're shining the spotlight a bit on them! Hehe, of course the brilliant plan worked - we have to enable Laguna's crazy whims ;).

Wow. Love this story! Full of surprises. I never expected Rinoa to lash out like that, but it does fit the story. I wonder what Squall's reaction will be... who boy! And yeah, what timing! He hasn't even heard about the engagement...! *anticipation*

A couple of small things that might need changing:

bird songs and the [crocking] of frogs

~ croaking

as it generally [use] to be.

~ used

far out weight our own."

~ outweigh

There were [to] many problems

~ too

as he [starred] at his

~ stared

PS I do appreciate the disclaimer. Rawr - can't stand some of the stuff posted as fanfics... Ah well.
Maloire chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Oh... I hope Laguna's not gonna die soon - or Squall for that matter - :(! Although, that does add some motivation for him to get his butt in gear and talk to his son, eh? But still, he has that tendency to run from his problems... Good thing his friends are there to nudge him in the right direction. I do love the passion that vibrates from his words and actions - wonderful!

Wow, chocobo riding in the streets of Esthar? That's a cool, and totally Laguna-inspired, idea!

I do like the personalities of the characters (even the parts from Squall's gang, brief but a good indication hehe).
Krimson Rain chapter 5 . 6/23/2009
I love this story! I really hope you update soon!
Dichotomous-Dragon chapter 3 . 6/23/2009
You know, each time I read it in different fics, Squall always takes the news like this-and still, I think you have it DEAD ON. You've really captured the way he'd completely shut down. Well done!

-K