Reviews for Happily Ever After
tadah2 chapter 5 . 5/9/2014
This was lovely.
tiinaj1 chapter 5 . 3/31/2014
Wow! Another wonderful story that touched me deeply! Thank you.
Guest chapter 5 . 1/4/2013
Aaaaaah... Words are failing me... I have read your stories so so so many times, and I'm not going to stop! You are just so talented and amazing and fantastic and and all. Above all I love and adore your Elrond, and I want him to be mine! Because History lessons... They are something really special (don't get me wrong, I like all your stories but I have a weak spot for Elrond).
I'm just hoping that you would some day write more about Elrond (and Legolas!). You have gotten a gift of writing, and I'm so happy that you have given us the chance to share it through your stories!
"sniffle sniffle
" ( I have been pouring tears in every History lesson...many times.. )
The Wavesinger chapter 5 . 12/8/2012
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaay. I don’t know how to start this, so…erm, I’ll just…never mind. I’ll try to say what I usually do in a review, or something to the effect.

There were some minor errors, grammar mostly, but nothing bad. It’s just that one of my hobbies is grammar-problem-spotting.

Your characters…wow. They were mostly in character, though I *did* notice mild OOC-ness. But then, Professor Tolkein was so focused on Arda itself that we know very little about most of its inhabitants. So making up bits to fit the gaps can be forgiven ;).

I especially liked Elladan and Elrohir…of course, they’re the main characters, so I *should* like them, but this is something different. I mean, they seemed *real*. (These days, the LotR universe is filled with Mary-Sues and Gary-Stus) They had depth and emotion, and…Argh! I can’t explain this. All I can say is that they *could* exist in real life.

Good work on sticking to the cannon, unlike many *cough*authors*cough* on the LotR fandom. But I won’t start on that. Otherwise I’ll never stop…

The plot. It was simply amazing. I…OK, if I say something about *that*, I’m going to sound like and incoherent, babbling fool. So let’s just go with speechless. And it left me in tears. That is all I can say.

I don’t like the ending, though. Call me angst-y or emo, but I don’t like happy endings much. For me, there *has* to be a twist (needless to say, The Silmarillion and LotR have enough and more twists!). I would have like Elladan to choose the fate of Men, and Elrohir to choose to be of the Eldar, and heal…But that’s just my opinion. And my opinion defies the purpose of the story :p. So just ignore me.

I think I said this before, but I want to say more, I really do. But words can’t express how I feel about this story. I’ll just make some immensely stupid remark.
So have a nice day :)!
Glory Bee chapter 5 . 2/16/2012
Nilmandra this is easily one of the most exquisitely beautiful stories I have ever read. I wept through every chapter as my small mountain of used kleenex can testify. Thank you for sharing your writing gift with all of us. Such a moving healing journey for Elrohir and I am thankful for a happy ending. :)
Rivergift chapter 5 . 9/1/2011
This was unbearably beautiful. You do have a talent for writing Elves- you seem to capture what they are in the words you give them, and this piece was breathtaking, heartbreaking and a triumph of hope and joy in the end. Life is never perfect, not even in Aman, and some will live with the ever-present longing for the unknown for ever, but you give them the love and joy of family and it is so very fulfilling reading your stories! Well done, and I do hope to see more from you in the future!
Eiladwyn chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
I was hooked from the start, and I think I have read this more than once, but each time enjoying it just as much as before. The ending was a great tying up of loose ends ) Thankyou
AC2 chapter 5 . 7/25/2009
I should have known it would end in such joy, with all the loose ends tied up and all outstanding issues resolved. Thank you for writing this for us to enjoy! Added to my favourites.
AC2 chapter 4 . 7/25/2009
It's interesting that you chose to interpret Elwing's bird form as a literal rather than a figurative thing. Having her grandson join her appeals to my romantic side. The resolution to Elrohir's issue is tantalisingly near, and I love the way you weave the fluff into the drama of the story. Great stuff!
AC2 chapter 3 . 7/25/2009
The mystery continues...

I find myself hooked on the mystery of what ails Elrohir, and pleased at the handling of Celebrian's pregnancy. The bit of fluff helps to break up the tension and keep our interest in what happens next.
AC2 chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
It is fitting that a loving family rent by grief should be reunited with the promise of a new life. This chapter has been somthing of a rollercoaster, and I can't help wondering what was going on in Elrohir's head.
AC2 chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Excellent, as ever. I can't believe I missed this. We did need another Choice of the Peredhil story, and you have fulfilled that need. This is a beautifully rendered gapfiller and the pyschology and family dynamics work well.

Pardon me for nitpicking, but I do this for all the writers I hold in the highet regard. Basically, in a few places, you have missed the full stops at the end of a couple of sentences. Apart from those, the story is perfect.
T'Kath chapter 5 . 6/20/2008
Awsome, simply awsome - the story as well as the writing. I much enjoyed reading it. Here in the west the table seems turned on Elrond. In Middle Earth he is the wise bearer of thr powerful ring. In the west he is "just" one among many amazing elves... and the outcome - please write a sequel. The hint on Alasse being a handfull, Elrohirs lovestory, and Elladans quest make me yearn for more.

Thanks for sharing sofar, T'Kath
LiQuYu chapter 5 . 6/3/2008
What a well written story. I really enjoyed reading it. First time I've read a story about the Undying Lands and it was really interesting to read about something that no one (that I know of) has written about before. Plot, concept and ideas were brilliant. Anyways, a fantastic read. Good job!
Oleanne chapter 5 . 5/22/2008
Finally, Elrond and Celebrian can breath easy and look to a bright future with their new daughter and sons alive and well. But wow, what a way to get there. Excellent job on the seen at the Máhanaxar. Quite anxious moments there, small wonder Celebrian stood trembling with her daughter in hand. I had not thought that Elrohir would suffer so until his brother had chosen. That was quite unexpected, though given that Earendil made the same decision, I guess it's reasonable. I wonder what Elladan now, must have been thinking when their ship ran into trouble over his indecision. Thankfully, the Valar saw fit to delay his choice and the events of the year - flying with Earendil, seeing his parents and meeting his baby sister - won him over. It's also wonderful that Elrond and the twins are surrounded by a large family - Earendil & Elwing, Galadriel & Celeborn, Glorfindel. What a wonderful welcome to Alasse and what nice support during such a anxious moment.

Thanks so much for the story! You weave amazing tales!
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »