Reviews for A City Built on Bones
cruciomyheart chapter 14 . 2/5
Why did you stop updating? This is one of the best stories I've ever read!
Why in gods name would you make a 3 chapter long flashback are you mental get along with the freaking story no one cares about every fucking second they spent together all an all this story is 1 out 5 stars in my opinion.
Uraharaisgod chapter 14 . 1/7
Very interesting story, really well written. Although Hiashi and Danzou seem kinda cliché and very obvious villains (obviously evil, obvious bashing etc.), I really like the effort that you have put into Kakashi as the big bad against Naruto in this fic. His attitudes and actions are both incredibly simple yet incredibly complex. While his whole master-plan seems like an Aizen rip off (everything was according to my design), at the same time his personality and actions are what makes it work.

As of right now, it's Grey on Grey, while Kakashi's actions are evil, he truly seems more justified than Naruto's blind rage where he massacred numerous innocents just to quell his anger at Hiashi. It seems like you've fashioned him after what Itachi would be if his experiences of war had actually unhinged him. He's holding it together with an iron fist, but at the same time he seems fragile in his own right. His last words before he *killed* Naruto were particularly poignant.

You've managed to create a complex, anti-villain in a sense that actually surpasses Kishimoto's designs with Obito. While I do have to wonder at what point Kakashi actually started his actions, and if he had a point where he was originally *pure* before his experiences broke him enough that he took the mind set of the ends justifying the means, the Path of Shura where one must die to save hundreds.

My only curiosity now, since this seems to be a dead fic, is how Naruto's perceived death will affect Kakashi, especially with it being at his own hands. Just as much as the experience has broken Naruto, it seems the same can be said for Kakashi, only that he is recovering from doing so astronomically faster than Naruto is due to his experience. Again, especially poignant when his façade broke before Sakura.

The only disappointment I have with this story is in Naruto's ability. You made such a big point to give him the ability to read others minds and to affect them, yet he never seems to use it in any true manner, nor does it seem to work. He only used it to make Ino imagine the rape scene as a test, having apparently read her thoughts enough to know she could be swayed to his side.

If he has such a power, how come he never once sensed the truth in Kakashi's intentions, especially after he directly alluded his advice to him when he was disguised as an Anbu? How come he never once has attempted to use this power since? How did he not realise the root of Sasuke's words when he originally screamed at Naruto about what he had sacrificed in that forest?

It just seems like you created, then forgot the ability. Maybe it comes more into play when Naruto goes Dark/Evil, but it seems to have vanished from the earlier stages despite how useful it could have been.

Ah well, i'll follow just in case this ever gets continued, hope to see more from it!
Uraharaisgod chapter 8 . 1/5
Ho boy, Sasuke already awoke his Mangekyou, his sacrifice he was talking about was murdering Karin to get it huh? Things are getting to a head now XP
Googlemo chapter 14 . 1/4
This is a really great Fanfic. Fanfic stories like this is why I read them. Everything in this story is excellent with only 1 bad thing: "HUMOR" this story is too serious, its not a bad thing but it puts constant pressure on reader, and 99% of fanfiction readers want to relax. So the best choice is to merge a little of both. Even though this story is going on my fav list without question.

Too bad author abandoned it without finishing.
Googlemo chapter 6 . 1/2
WTF?! What Sakura did so bad that she doesn't even know about?!
Googlemo chapter 5 . 1/2
Ok, story so far is pretty interesting, but I think making Hyugas super strong badasses would been better, you just made them sneaky badies which is not that awesome...
Googlemo chapter 1 . 1/1
This is really intriguing ! this story so far catchs attention really good.
ghost boy 952 chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
why aew all the chapters named after eminem songs
Deflow chapter 14 . 9/14/2013
Get your LAZYASS UP AND UPDATE ALREADY!
Guest chapter 2 . 8/20/2013
all the chapter names are based off of eminem songs i miss grunge
Of Lucifer chapter 14 . 8/14/2013
What happened to this story? :/ Abandoned?
Guest chapter 11 . 6/12/2013
i care it just when you beat arond the bush it gets anoying plus you can use the extra room for more story im sorry if i seam cold but your input is the most inportant arther san not the reviuers thay can help but not control it up to use the input or not scrue you flamers plus the tems brother gave naruto a bilding block for the copy pinweel eye and the reation to pan who has the rinagun should make an intresting mix plus the late hintas eye added could make naruto a god so... You dont have to do this it just somthing i would like to see plus that much power he has the possability to time travil :D
i love naruto fanfics chapter 2 . 5/2/2013
is konan going to be in the harem?
CalcBoy91 chapter 11 . 3/12/2013
I'm not complaining, don't mistake that for cold hard facts. However, an author rarely, if ever, puts so much thought into a fanfiction. Your story, as you said, isn't black and white and that is impressive to me. Your story is meticulously thought out and a lot of authors don't do that. Even in stories that are 500K are really shallow and the details aren't really "details" but rather long-winded story development and elaboration. I'm pretty impressed with this so far.

I've read a lot of M rated stories and if it's not a huge fuck-fest, it's just pure unadulterated violence and other random crap that is thrown together. So I say, keep up the good writing. Not a lot of fan fic authors have the innate talent for foreshadowing.