Reviews for Negligence
KatieLB chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
good beginning... looking forward to what is to come... i have a feeling this is going to be one of those times where i want to strangle papa! love that emotion LOL great job
SilverRoseThorns chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Can't wait for the next chapter. Great job!
SalemsChild chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Intriguing start. Hm...just what kind of trouble will little Sammy get into?
sUnKiSsT chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
So excited to see where this goes :)
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Great first chapter-I'm really worried for Sam, left alone in that dump of a motel. Can't wait for more story!
UKClaire chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Lol - you keep churning out these amazing stories that have me hooked from the get go. You write neglected/third wheel/angst ridden Sammy so well and I am soo looking forward to the next installment.
friendly chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
cool start.. can't wait for more
Sarie1210 chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Excellent start. Poor Sammy. I bet Dean feels really bad when he realizes he missed his birthday.
IndigoNightandRayneStorm chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Aw, poor emo, left behind Sammy. Update again soon!
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Yay! This is an amazing start! Please update son. When is the next chapter coming?
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Yay, a new story from you, awesome! Great start - you have got it just right with Dean at 15 and Sam just turned 11 the age gap between them is at its most obvious, Dean is a teenager into more adult things and girls and Sam is still mostly a child. Sad that Dean forgot his little brother's birthday but guess he was more concerned with the fact their dad was late back from the hunt and that funds were gone, only Sammy's $5 enabling them to eat!

Although Sam hated going with his dad and brother the day before I think the reality of him being left on his own now will hit pretty quick. John really is an idiot for not thinking how young Sam actually is and Dean is so excited about the hunt that he can't get his mind round anything else!

Looking forward to more, loving this story already!
Samjacklover aka Sammy chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Can't wait to see where it goes!
avidreader33 chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Awesome start! Didn't want it to end. Please updated soon!
Spense chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Very nice. It's very easy to forget that Dean isn't Sam's father, John is. Dean is a 15 year old boy, who is into hunting and girls. As much as he loves his brother, he is a teenager. They aren't known for being particularly sensitive! You struck just the right note with Dean's obliviousness. Far too often Dean as seen as somekind of perfect kid emotionally. Dean is just as broken as Sam, if not more so. Yes, he protects his brother, yes he cares, but he's got a ton of his own baggage, and his father's lifestyle suits him. He's not going to understand Sam's issues althought he cares deeply for him. As I said, you really struck the right balance with Dean.

You've also set up Sam's issues well. The opening section about Sam wondering if anybody would notice if he were gone showcases the dawning awareness of his differences from his brother and father and his struggle to find out where he fits. He is still very much a child, and John and Dean are looking at the world through their own lense, forgetting that Sam's is different by the sheer dint of year.s

Anyway, excellent set up, and I'm looking forward to see where you take this.
Ms Hobgoblin chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Poor Sammy - his plight is so well written, and the fact he feels as if no-one would notice if he was gone was really sad :(

I loved this chapter, and feel you are building us up to its climax gently... Dean was interesting, caring, but very distant. I very confused to know if I wanted to hit him or hug him!

Update soon!