Reviews for Not What You Expected?
SonOfNenji chapter 1 . 9/26
Ahahahahaha this could be the perfect prank even if it wasn't true.

Imagine a NoTrueForm!Metamorphagus getting tired of the stupid creepers asking that question and pulling this!

ThePolyglot chapter 1 . 5/28
Not the first such fic I read, but hilarious all the same :)

PS: Still love the pairing, there are 1-2 good ones buried under the load of crap
Runecutter chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
Andi and Ted Tonks still talked about their daughter and should know what they had produced, wouldn't they? And Nymphadora is not the typical boy's name.

That lends a lot of credence to the mindsaving theory that Dora dear was so pissed off by Harry's demand or maybe him asking several times that she just chose the most disgusting exterior she could think of and played mind games with the poor boy :P

Also i feel like you're more than a bit unfair to the bulk of Honks fics out there... of COURSE he'll ask for her most intimate secret when they get closer and he feels a lot for her... Wouldn't you want to see a supermodel without make up and fotoshop retouches before it's becoming earnest between you two? As a metamorphmagus should be able to gain a lot of beauty it would be a reassurance that you do not just love the pretty wrapping paper on the outside but actually the person as she is.
And a lot of Honks fics i've seen only have Harry SAY he sees her as more beautiful in her unmorphed form without actually heaping more beauty upon her, I'd almost bet it's more often the cliche that she's plain average Jane under her magical camouflage but he adores her all the more for it. (Hey, i'm pretty sure the same mechanism is the reason why i often dislike Harry/Ginny as she'll end up as more than stunning... and i prefer Harmony even when Hermione is still the pre-Yule Ball wallflower without the magical shaking out of the hair and whatever...)

As for metamorphing himself... yeah that's inflatious too... just like animagus forms... everybody and their dog is desperate to have that coolness in their stories... it has stopped being funny long ago.
The Dark One Rising chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
... You just violate my brain. Congratulations.
Ratus chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
OK, I admit I like Harry and Tonks, but that was just too funny :) And I agree with you about the over used plot of her "true" form being better looking is over used, why not a mousey little brunette or something?
Entoarox chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Its actually cannon that tonks is more attractive.
She willfully uses her powers to make her look less like her natural self because she inherited the black genes to such an extend she is almost a clone of her mother and aunt (bellatrix), the second being the reason she makes herself look diferent.
Now, you can say a lot, but its cannon that the black sisters look (or in Bella's case, looked) like walking talking sex appeal.
DarkPirateKing69 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
pretty lolzy
Wildling Girl chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Oh my, this was absolutely fantastic! It made me laugh so much in the end, great work here!
wolfey141 chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
well i agree it does get annoying i seriously dont think shes a man lol. But my fav real form tonks stories is she stays morphed cuz shes a carbon copy of bellatrix lestrange or one i read was even that she started morphing so young even she doesnt know what she really looks like anymore.
iDontSeeYou chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Oh my god, this is freaking hilarious! You did great :D.
Dairegh chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
...Heh. : )
FrictionX42 chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Wolfe7 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Taking into account your annoyance at Tonks' real forms, I'll assume that you'll end up liking this one-shot; though, you don't particularly seem to favor Meta-Harry either, so... you could always review the one-shot, I suppose. :)

Not much to say on your fic, unless you want me to shower you with compliments on your superb grammar, vocab, syntax, etc. [and amusement factor :D]
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Oh God, my Mind's Eye! GAH! DAMN YOU! CURSE YOU!

Stranger than you dreamt it, can you even dare to look...

Damn, I've been listening to too much Phantom of the Opera lately.
Yorae Rasante chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
The sad thing about the usual fics about this is that her real appearence was described on HBP and it is exactly the same as usual with normal hair color...

Hilarious, by the way, specially Harry's reaction.