Reviews for To Forgive, Divine
authorwannabe101 chapter 1 . 5/8
I could barely read the ending because tears blurred my vision. Just wanted you to know that.
What a lovely story!
Bookworm85 chapter 1 . 3/5
Oh my goodness, I cried. Beautiful and touching story.
problemhunter chapter 1 . 2/13/2015
I'm trying not cry and oh god, I cried. This is good, painfully so. I'm just glad that you didn't erase Iola from this fandom, made Joe realistic and... I'm glad for everything, aren't I? This is a very bittersweet mnemonic that touched my heart and I just want to say thank you.

Keep up the good work.
Bookdancer chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
Okay... major tissue alert. I read "'Iola said they were your favorite...'", and within seconds I could feel tears coming and then they were actually there. No warning at all, besides that one sentence. I'm still wiping away tears. Anyway, this was amazing. I just... I think you've characterized all of them perfectly, and it was a wonderful story line, and it just... all around fantastic. Great job!
RangerLyn chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
I am just now rediscovering my love of The Hardy Boys. I never kept up with anything after reading the original books when I was in middle school so long ago (I guess what are now known as the blue spines?), so it's been something of a shock to learn of the subsequent stories and that Iola was killed... I haven't read any of those, just stumbled across the existence of them, and a few synopses.

All of that to just give you a quick background of where I am in the history of the stories, before I give you my review...

This was absolutely amazing, heartbreakingly beautiful. I had tears streaming down my face as I was reading this. You have a gift for writing such that you engage the reader fully in what the characters are feeling. Thank you for sharing that gift.
Mrs. Frank Hardy chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
That was so sad that I actually kinda smacked someone who was trying to stop me from reading it...oops...
Wyntirsno chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
This was a great little story. Joe was so sweet to go to Mrs. Morton with those flowers. I am so glad that she saw him for who he truly is and how much pain he is in also and not just as the reason her daughter was killed. I really liked this it was kind of refreshing to not have someone kidnapped for one short little bit of time. :)
Vee22 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
A beautiful, sweet and heart-warming story.
epalladino chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
A very beautiful, sad, and yet heart-warming story. Thanks, Beth
GracelandFan chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Excellent, fabulous, awesome, tight, loved it. It's very real and I think it's something that Joe would do, and I think its great.

good work
Midst Ride chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
I am not a crying person. I hate to cry. I have crying scenes in TV and movies.

This just about makes me cry every time I read it and I very nearly did cry (in a public setting, nonetheless!) when I read it.

Thank you.

Midst Ride
alias2372 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
aw! that was such an amazing story. it actually made me tear up. this coming from someone who never cries. i love joe and iola. especially this one. :)
Missy chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
This was so good! I love stories with Joe and Iola, and you wrote Joe so well. I really liked how Joe and Laura both worried about how Grace would react, it was so powerful. Please, please, please write more Joe/Iola stories!
Miss Fenway chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Um, okay I'll admit it. I cried. Beautifully written.