Reviews for To Forgive, Divine
problemhunter chapter 1 . 2/13
I'm trying not cry and oh god, I cried. This is good, painfully so. I'm just glad that you didn't erase Iola from this fandom, made Joe realistic and... I'm glad for everything, aren't I? This is a very bittersweet mnemonic that touched my heart and I just want to say thank you.

Keep up the good work.
Bookdancer chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
Okay... major tissue alert. I read "'Iola said they were your favorite...'", and within seconds I could feel tears coming and then they were actually there. No warning at all, besides that one sentence. I'm still wiping away tears. Anyway, this was amazing. I just... I think you've characterized all of them perfectly, and it was a wonderful story line, and it just... all around fantastic. Great job!
RangerLyn chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
I am just now rediscovering my love of The Hardy Boys. I never kept up with anything after reading the original books when I was in middle school so long ago (I guess what are now known as the blue spines?), so it's been something of a shock to learn of the subsequent stories and that Iola was killed... I haven't read any of those, just stumbled across the existence of them, and a few synopses.

All of that to just give you a quick background of where I am in the history of the stories, before I give you my review...

This was absolutely amazing, heartbreakingly beautiful. I had tears streaming down my face as I was reading this. You have a gift for writing such that you engage the reader fully in what the characters are feeling. Thank you for sharing that gift.
Mrs. Frank Hardy chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
That was so sad that I actually kinda smacked someone who was trying to stop me from reading it...oops...
Wyntirsno chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
This was a great little story. Joe was so sweet to go to Mrs. Morton with those flowers. I am so glad that she saw him for who he truly is and how much pain he is in also and not just as the reason her daughter was killed. I really liked this it was kind of refreshing to not have someone kidnapped for one short little bit of time. :)
Vee22 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
A beautiful, sweet and heart-warming story.
epalladino chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
A very beautiful, sad, and yet heart-warming story. Thanks, Beth
GracelandFan chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Excellent, fabulous, awesome, tight, loved it. It's very real and I think it's something that Joe would do, and I think its great.

good work
Midst Ride chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
I am not a crying person. I hate to cry. I have crying scenes in TV and movies.

This just about makes me cry every time I read it and I very nearly did cry (in a public setting, nonetheless!) when I read it.

Thank you.

Midst Ride
alias2372 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
aw! that was such an amazing story. it actually made me tear up. this coming from someone who never cries. i love joe and iola. especially this one. :)
Missy chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
This was so good! I love stories with Joe and Iola, and you wrote Joe so well. I really liked how Joe and Laura both worried about how Grace would react, it was so powerful. Please, please, please write more Joe/Iola stories!
Miss Fenway chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Um, okay I'll admit it. I cried. Beautifully written.
Phx chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Oh geez, I hope you're happy with yourself... making a mom snot and bawl on Mother's Day is just NOT cool!

I loved this story. As you know I am a big Iola fan so I loved Joe going to her mother on Mother's Day. He is such a sweetie and you write him the best. BUT, now I am sobbing and my toast is ruined.

So like I said, I hope you're happy :P
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
A very emotional piece. You did such wonderful (but sad) job of capturing Mrs. Morton's feelings on her first Mother's Day since Iola was murdered.

I could just picture Joe as he faced her with the flowers, a gift to her that was also from her daughter.

I loved Laura worrying about Joe, that was nice and fit with the story, because this was about two mothers and their children, one alive, one dead, yet they were connected by love.

Though did miss Frank, but I think I understand why he was not in this story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Take care.
Nonnimus chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
Wow! This is awesome. So sweet and so touching. It makes me wanna cry.

Poor Joe.. I could imagine how he felt meeting Iola's mother for the first time after Iola's death..

It's a change to see Laura worrying about Joe instead of the usual Frank.. but I can't help wondering where Frank was though... :)