Reviews for Fire and Ice
allessandramari chapter 27 . 3/23/2013
This was an interesting story. Very well written, and I'm glad Iscah McKrae suggested I read it. Your portrayal of Franklin was very well done. He literally made my skin crawl with just the right amount of creepiness from the very beginning. And I always love to see Luke as father. I generally don't read AU, but this, I could see as fitting in with, other than maybe Lorelai. Thanks for the ride.
Jeremy Shane chapter 27 . 9/6/2012
Legendary Chapter & More Please
conundrum18 chapter 27 . 8/30/2012
Wow. Just, wow. So I feel like the very worst kind of reader, because I just looked back and I haven't reviewed this fic in literally years. But I want to let you know that even when I wasn't reading anything on fanfiction anymore, I would get chapter updates from your story and every single time, I would get sucked back in. Seriously, seeing the notification for a new chapter was always a welcome surprise, and I enjoyed every bit of this story. I'm sorry I haven't reviewed in so long- I'll attempt to make up for that now!

Your writing style is so engaging and unique. Because of how fast and witty the dialogue of Gilmore Girls was, it is hard to find Gilmore Girls fics where the dialogue seems accurate, but yours accomplished that in spades, while adding so many layers to the characters. Ever since Jess left the show in season 3, I waited and waited for him to be reintroduced (more permanently, that is), because I thought there was just SO much more they could have done with his character, and your fic provided the rich characterizations that I always craved. I miss the show so much whenever I read this- here's to forever hoping for a Gilmore Girls reunion movie? :)

In all seriousness, I think you are an incredibly talented writer, and I will most certainly be checking out your new fic! Thank you so much for seeing this through to the end :)
NancyLouFan chapter 27 . 8/30/2012
I really, really enjoyed this story. It was something completely different. You are very talented and I look forward to your next story.
Finnigan Geist chapter 27 . 8/28/2012
That was a very very lovely end to the story. Thank you so much for keeping with it, and for bringing Jess back to Stars Hollow mostly in one piece, and with two functional parent-figures. :D

This has been such a wonderful read. I really love the universe you created here, and the amount of care you put into the story. I very much look forward to the new story you're working on. 3
SARuhh chapter 27 . 8/27/2012
Thanks so much for the PM! I hadn't gotten time to read the final chapter until today, but oh man, is it great! I love your writing style, and the way you've fleshed these characters to life. I feel like you've done a better job than the show did. Seeing Franklin being taken away by the cops was so satisfying - I hated that man with a burning passion, haha. To sum it up: A great ending to a great story. I always looked forward to your updates, even if they were months apart, and I definitely plan to check out your next one. Maybe reading more Jess/Luke related fanfiction will get me to start writing Cocaine Lights again.

Thanks again for the great story, as well as the PM :)
sunny214 chapter 27 . 8/27/2012
Thank you for your PM.
I am happy that my reviews meant so much to you.
I like your ending and I am sooo glad that the grandfather is behind bars - hopefully for a very long time.
And I like Lorelais reaction when he meets Jess for the first time after all the events.
As I said before I am really disappointed how the show handled the Jess/Lorelai relationsship.
I am always great when they get along in a realistic way in the fanfictions. You are doing a better job then the writers of the show on that matter.

I am not really much into Gilmore Girls anymore. Sure I still love Jess and Luke. But I fell in love with Jared Padalecki when watching Supernatural and meeting him in real life. And it frustates me to no end how the writers handled the character of Dean in Gilmore Girls. Speak of character murder :) So I dont know if I will be following your new story like I did with this one. But I will definately give it a try.
Djinneya chapter 27 . 8/25/2012
Oh thank you so much for finishing this! I've been looking forward to the conclusion of this saga with apt anticipation for months, and you did not disappoint. I enjoyed Franklin finally getting his comeuppance, and everything afterwards felt like a deep breath of relief after a battle well won.
Most Fanfiction writers (or any writers for that matter) tend to focus a lot on just the 'romance' relationships between characters, and tend to overlook, or simply not dwell on, or go into, the many other kinds of equally strong ties characters share with friends, family, or just other people in their lives.
I really appreciate how your story concentrate so deeply on the almost-paternal relationship Luke shares with his nephew, and the more gradually growing maternal-ish, almost-friends relationship between Jess and Lorelai.
I know how hard it is to stick with a story long enough to actually get it down in print, and I can only imagine how many hours you've put into this just so people you don't even know, and will probably never meet, can have the benefit of your imagination and gift for words. So thank you again for sharing. God bless.
Sailor-Lit chapter 27 . 8/25/2012
I LOVED it!
5-STAR chapter 27 . 8/25/2012
A fantastic ending to a fantastic story! I really enjoy reading your writing...I hope to read more from you..
Imperial Dragon chapter 27 . 8/24/2012
A great way of ending this great story.
Guest chapter 26 . 7/10/2012
Please update soon! Love your story!
Christie chapter 26 . 6/17/2012
This is such a great for all the time and effort you've put into this fic.I love the suspense and adventure, and I love hc!Jess. You're the best at it!
Djinneya chapter 26 . 6/12/2012
"Screwing up is just a huge part of growing up" (so true)

The protective and loyal Jess Luke relationship is touching. I'm dying to know Jess's reaction to finding out about his inheritance, and the towns reaction to Jess' & Luke's unexplained disappearances.

Honestly, if you don't update this soon, I will hunt you down, survey your house till I find a laps in your security, abduct you from under the noses of your loved ones, bring you to a secure cabin in the woods somewhere, and lock you away with nothing but trail mix and bottled water to sustain you and a computer with Microsoft Word Processor installed (no internet access of course- you're not getting out so easy). And you will not be leaving till you've finished what you've started.

... Okay, so maybe nothing *that* dramatic.

But if you leave me hanging indefinitely I'll be really disappointed.
Djinneya chapter 22 . 6/12/2012
O_O

WOW.

My mind's still trying to process...

You are an amazing writer!