Reviews for While You Were Out
wanderlustnyc chapter 1 . 6/16/2018
You have a good story here. Too bad the last update was 10 years ago; which means a pretty slim to no chance of a new chapter or any signs of moving towards completion. Oh well...
Winteroses chapter 8 . 11/5/2009
Aw you HAVE to update! And considering it's been over a year now, I think you you need to update! Pleae update soon!
kitkatbaby611 chapter 8 . 9/27/2008
Keep this up.

I like this.
Quill-32 chapter 8 . 7/18/2008
Oh, this is heartbreaking. I love your glimpses of pre-change Tony, they're very true, and his performance evaluation of her is hysterical. He WOULD. I hope you continue!
La Phoenix chapter 8 . 6/21/2008
I've avoided reading these types of stories - how Pepper mourned during the three months - since getting hooked on Iron Man fanfic. I was very bored, and taking a break from writing, when I decided to click on yours.

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. In fact, this story stands out because of the weaving of past and present, the cute and intriguing little clues to the type of relationship they'd had before Afghanistan (e.g the suits in the wardrobe, the moving in) and just that it's a generally well written story. Which means it will hold my interest any day.

So that was a long-winded explanation to say how much I LOVE this story and to update if you can.
GIRL IN STORY chapter 5 . 6/19/2008
Haven't finished the story yet, but while the next chapter is loading, I wanted to tell you how much I loved Pepper Pott's press conference! A beautiful bit of rhetoric. Anyway, this is a fantastic story, and now I'm going to go finish it.
Tyleet27 chapter 8 . 6/13/2008
Oh my god oh my god I love this. I reject all other possible fanfics about this time because THIS IS SO CANON. You've got all of their voices so pitch perfect I can't even SAY...*incoherency* Let me try to tell you some of the things I love about this fic (knowing there's no way I can get them all):

I love your Pepper. I love how she's slowly "becoming" Tony Stark. I love her Mexican standoff and her fierce protectiveness and total lack of professionalism and I love that she and Jarvis have a friendship, and she thinks of him as a lot of Tony's good parts bundled together, only British. I love that she needed to tell him what happened to Tony, because Jarvis counts as family. I LOVE that Jarvis doesn't like her boyfriend and deliberately snubs him and Pepper thinks it's a system malfunction.

I love Rhodey, how Pepper is so wrapped up in her own sorrow she doesn't realize how much he's hurting too, except for when she does, and I love that the military is just as flawed as Obadiah Stane and Rhodey has to try and deal with that corruption *while* looking for his best friend, and going on reconnaissance flights BY HIMSELF...! GOD I love your Rhodey. He IS canon Rhodey, and he is perfect.

I love your Happy Hogan, and that you've fleshed him out in movieverse as far as what it means to work for Tony Stark, and that he warned Pepper against sleeping with her boss because he liked her.

I love love love how present Tony is in this fic, despite the fact that he's never actually there. You have his sense of humor DOWN. I would pretty much like to quote everything he says here as an example of that, but it would take too much time. I love the Tony/Pepper. I love that even in her mind, he harasses her. I love that neither one of them really know why she works for him from an ideological standpoint, and I love that he's been warning Stark employees off her for years.

I love this whole thing to absolute PIECES, and I cannot wait for more-I'm so glad that I decided to comb on the off chance of finding something good, because I have found THIS and it is a true gem. Thank you for this story!
larazzledazzle chapter 8 . 5/29/2008
hi. where are you? it's been awhile- please update!
Perkypuff chapter 8 . 5/29/2008
I hope you update soon, I love the interaction between Tony and Pepper. And I'm also curious why he has women suits... Or is it obvious and I don't get it? Anyway, great work!
the 85th writer chapter 7 . 5/27/2008
Are we getting an update on this?

PLease?
Amber-Jade James chapter 8 . 5/19/2008
i liked the way you wrote the interaction between Rhodey and Pepper. I think you nailed it.

Really good chapter loved that you used the job hunting line

Cheers

AJ
brainfear chapter 8 . 5/18/2008
This is great! Post more soon!
BBananular chapter 8 . 5/18/2008
I freaking love Pepper- no matter what she doesn't back down. Here's me hoping that you're going to have them find Tony soon so poor Pepper can relax. (: Update soon!
Just Some Human chapter 8 . 5/18/2008
i love how you make tony talk in this

those little flashbacks pepper have

seem so realistic,

its great.
dulce-melos chapter 7 . 5/16/2008
Oh my goodness I loved this! I love Pepper defending Tony's private thoughts, his work. And I loved how you put in the threat of Obadiah. Awesome.