Reviews for When Words Fail
MissMonk chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
ok that was friggin funny good work
Strawberry Fairie chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
hahaha thats really good! though getting vasaline out of his hair is gonna be a pain...i would know..cus i for some unknown reason put that in my hair...twice when i was little lol xD
Ann Onymous chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
i laughed my you-know-what off through this whole fic! so incredibly, incredibly funny!

"how many advanced degrees does he have, again?" i can just picture don standing there, dumbfounded, with this stranged sort of voice. too hilarious!

oh, poor charlie, though. sucks for him. (to be quite honest, if i were amita, i would have totally taken advantage of him while he was stuck there...) hahaha
PeanutTree chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Oh, Charlie. *shakes head* The thing is, I can see this happening to him in canon. Good job with the character voices!
Liv Lemon chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
Amita and Don are going to have a great brother/sister relationship, now arent they? Loved the story!
Lozza chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Snort!

I'd have loved to see that!

Loz
epalladino chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Hilarious. Thanks for the fun read, Beth
squelchything chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Oh, this is HILARIOUS!

Loved Don smearing Vaseline over Charlie, and the smiley-face boxers, and the evil cat, and Amita's blackmail material and her sibling-eswue interaction with Don.
Rhapsodista chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
When words fail, indeed. Words have failed me. In the midst of my gasping, shrieking, side-pulling, hack-and-tear inducing laughter, words have most definitely failed me. So please accept these fragments:

I love that Charlie and Nugget bring out the worst in each other. The great and powerful Dr. Charles Eppes, brought down by a cantankerous Persian. Perfect.

I love that Charlie tries to be all cool and casual. "Hey, Don. Yeah, I'm not sitting here in my SMILEY FACE UNDIES with my big curly head stuck in a CAT DOOR or anything. I's all good."

I love that Charlie keeps his wristwatch on during...well, you know. At least I assume it never came off...seems an odd first choice in the re-dressing process. :)

I love that Don is man enough to buy Vaseline and duct tape and not give a damn what people think. And I love him for lubing up Charlie's face. That's such a big brother move. Like, "Hey, how can I make you any more miserable. Suck Vas, baby!"

I love the playful brother-sister interaction between Amita and Don, and the characterization of Amita in general. You gave her a house, a cat, a quirky-little pet voice, and a great sense of humor. All good things.

And I love that YOUR words never fail to amuse the hell out of me. Kudos. :)
Rinne chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
Incredibly funny.
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
Sorry I am so late reviewing your story. Computer problems. Not out of the woods yet, but borrowed another one to catch up a little on my R&R's.

This was priceless. There were so many great lines; "How many advanced degrees does he have, again?" "Listen, you can't take too many precautions with a situation like this." And the Vasoline! and the squished cheeks! and Don chasing Amita to get the blackmail material! Oh, Kiki, what a fun read! Thank you so much for sharing this. It's a keeper.
Phoenix Red Lion chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
That was priceless! And so needed after the rough week I had! THANKS! This was so much fun to read and I can so seeing that happening! Charlie is definitely smart...but sometimes common sense just evades him. This was definitely one of those times. *snicker*

I can't help but wonder if Don ever did manage to get a picture. Don's reactions were perfect! Great job!
PoetTraveler chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Kiki -

This just made my day. I have to say that Amita's parents sound like they've got a wicked sense of humor and that she's rather admirable for sticking with Nugget even though Charlie's not such a fan.

And Don here... Oh this is so great. The guy is probably going to be laughing about this for weeks and weeks and Charlie will never be able to live this down. "How many advanced degrees does he have, again?" Understatement of the year! Him smearing vaseline all over... Amazing! "Did your brother try to do an art project?" I love snarky!Amita! Okay, and the ending was great as well. Makes me sort of wonder what it would have been like had Don and Amita hooked up. Domita could have been cute but we have Dobin! so yay!

This was great! Thanks for posting!
7kstar chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Ah the joys of brothers. Charlie you might have been better off with the EMT's. Or the fire department.

Some how I think Don will blackmail Charlie even if he doesn't get the picture from Amita!

Cute, thanks for sharing
Sachita chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
oh God! Hilarious!

Poor Charlie! (Although I can understand Don, I would want to document that, too! )