Reviews for Evening Falls
Yay chapter 19 . 6/15/2010
Oh god, you updated! :D

I must say, what an interesting development, although FAR TOO SHORT. But I suppose if it's only half, I am looking forward to the rest. But but but... you updated! :D

And the cracking of vampire skin? MAJORLY CREEPY.

So good!
Reality Assassin chapter 19 . 6/15/2010
Gah! This chapter really effected me, I am close to tears! I hate crying but I'm really impressed you managed to get me so close to it!

Your style of writing really draws the reader in and- oh God I can't be assed to be technical about this. Basically your writing is amazing and you plot is awesome.

Ta- da!

Awesome awesome awesome awesome!
Lolawid chapter 19 . 6/15/2010
YYYyyyaaaayyy! So excited to see a new chapter! This has been one of my favorite stories! Looking forward to seeing a new chapter so soon. Thanks! Lori
Misssyl chapter 19 . 6/15/2010
YAH! You've updated on my birthday (yesterday)

That's what I say a nice birthday present, lol

I'm really glad that you're going to continue with this story because it's awesome.

Now I'm going to read the whole story again 'cause it's not so clear in my memory.

I'm really happy you're back!
Hailey-Stone chapter 19 . 6/14/2010
YAAAAY, THE OLD LADY UPDATED! X3 I ith tho happy. And yet undeniably depressed at the same time. Gah. I don't know who to feel worse for, Bella or Elisa? GAH! Things are so difficult...

.:Hailey-Stone, yo:.
durwood chapter 19 . 6/14/2010
Bella was not at peace when turned so her ah ...irritability is expected. Man alive Elisa has her hands full with the vampire nation. The drama is beating mission impossible 3. I am thinking by now Elisa should have suffered some broken bones or worse. Especially considering Bella's newborness(not aware of strength) and Carlisle and Esme's condition. Pushed into a tree by Tanya, ran over by Edward and then Bella giving some love-paybacks indeed when she vamps. I can't imagine what Elisa feels upon noticing the damage and deformity of Carlisle and Esme. Shakes head. Elisa is too young to turn but remaining human with the Cullens invites trials and tribulations and is a yummy source of conflict.

Fifty lashes for late update. Fifty more for very late update.
neologismitastical chapter 19 . 6/14/2010
HUZZAH!

I'm so glad you updated! This was good, but I'm expecting a lot more beef, since you haven't updated in ages... No pressure though. ;)

Neologismitastical
daisy14308 chapter 19 . 6/14/2010
So glad you're back! I love this story and can't wait to read more. There are so many little mysteries that have yet to be solved!
b3j02 chapter 19 . 6/14/2010
YAY for you updating! Consider my socks totally rocked! That was so edge of my seat-i-ness! I am excited to read more! Poor Elisa she was so upset. I think Bella would have been okay had Esme not come when she had. I think Elisa was doing well in talking her down. I am glad they are all okay. SO sad that Edward and BElla left. Maybe they will return in the future! Have a wonderful week! Hope to hear from you again soon!
Niqi chapter 19 . 6/14/2010
I was literally staring open-mouthed at the screen for about ten seconds when I saw that this got updated. That said, YESSSS! WOOT!

*ahem*

I think the thing I liked most about this chapter was the way you described Esme and Carlisle and Edward's injuries. It was subtle, yet it was easy to understand what had happened...which made it rather horrifying. What your imagination creates is always scarier than seeing the scary thing.

You know, the strangest thing is that I was thinking about Elisa and this story today. About how her scent was spicy. And then this. Hm.

For the record, I knew exactly what was going on from the word 'spicy.'

"I was only the one Bella had nearly killed, after all, but apparently the worst thing about my second untimely death was the detrimental effect it would have had on Bella's delicate psyche." I particularly like that line.

I continue to admire your writing skill...keep up the amazing work, and I look forward to the next chapter, however long that may take. XD
MSPT chapter 19 . 6/14/2010
Your writing is beautiful and I'm glad to hear that you're not giving up this story and that there's still many chapters to come :) I love Elisa and throughout the two stories, she's grown so much. Thank you soooo much for writing and I can't wait for the next chapter!
Laila Cullen chapter 19 . 6/14/2010
Oh boy this is bad. Wow Bella nearly killed them all. I so can't wait to see where you are going to take this.

Poor Elisa she has to go through so much and all the injuries she has to endure through the adventure.

Please update soon. I love your story.

Thanks for posting.
Starshinedown chapter 19 . 6/14/2010
Ava! I'm so excited to see an update. A good, exciting, action-packed one, too. Whoo!

Snuggles and hugs and positive writing vibes to you!
Navirae chapter 19 . 6/14/2010
YYAAYYY! YYAAYY YAAAAYYY YYYYYYAAAYYYY! Oh my dear when I saw the update in my email my heart soared. I'm ssooooo happy to see you back and omg, ssuch an exciting chapter! Its very fast paced and so full of suspense and tension! You know this is one of my favorite chapters, and I'm being extremely honest. I loved the entire transformation of Bella and how the realization has come that it is far more then she had thought it would be. The scene with Bella and Elisa was just awesome, and waahhhh, I want mmoooaarrr. Waiting most eagerly for your update! Your descriptions and dialogues are just amazing. Wonderful job, my dear 33 and yes, Edwards owes her BBIIIIGG. Remember...I'd settle for a trip to Europe or a Ferrari heheh!
KristyRose chapter 18 . 6/8/2010
Chapter 19 – Hunger

Bella opened her eyes, taking a deep breath. She inhaled again, deeper, as her eyes widened. I moved slowly, as not to frighten her. Alice continued talking rapidly in my ear, but I was distracted from Bella’s healed figure becoming whole again.

Standing next to Bella’s nearly still figure left the doorway wide open. Bella tasted the air with a third breath. In a moment her expression switched from confusion to a look I recognized in my own reflection the first time I sat next to her in biology, pure bloodlust.

She was out the door in a shot, racing toward Elisa’s bedroom. I chased after her, confused as Alice screamed, “The bathroom! She’s going to the bathroom!” And then it hit me.

Elisa’s vacated bedroom swung open, wafting the scent into the hall. I stopped just inside of the room, seeing into the bathroom from my place. Bella kneeled in the tub, licking frantically at the floor. The dried, stale blood still clung to the floor from days ago. I instinctively inhaled deeper. A low growl echoed through the room. I held back a shiver as I gazed into the dark red eyes of my mate.

Bella’s shot daggers at me for one more beat before turning her attention back to the bathroom floor. I knew she was done when she growled again, this time out of disappointment rather than defense.

I took a calculated step toward my love. Her head snapped in my direction at the sound.

“Bella?” I whispered. “I am here to help you.”

Bella tilted her head, looking curiously at me as if she was calculating too. It was clear the bloodlust had control over her mind. I understood what it was like. Even friends, family, and I were a potential threat at keeping her from getting her sole desire, blood. She was weighing if she could trust me. I took one more step, smilingly in the way I knew always affected her.

Before my left foot touched the ground, Bella leaped from the tub, out of view. A moment later, in her place shattered glass covered the bathroom. Bella had jumped out the bathroom window.

In a flash I was running at full speed toward the wall of glass in Elisa’s room. Effortlessly I crashed through it, leaping toward the ground sixteen feet below.

As my feet touched the ground, I saw Bella disappear into the trees.

“Edward? Can you hear me?” I looked down, realizing the tiny phone was still in my hand, Alice screaming through the earpiece.

I continued to follow Bella, pulling the phone to my ear.

“I’m here, Alice. Bella’s caught Elisa’s scent.”

With Alice’s next words I couldn’t hold back the shiver this time. “Edward, I know. Elisa is Bella’s singer.” Alice’s voice turned to a choked whisper. “She doesn’t have the self control you do. She’s a newborn. Nothing can stop her from getting to Elisa. Not even you.”

*****************************

Three days had passed since I saw Bella. I chased her through the trees, but the pull of blood kept her in the lead. Tree branches and then entire trees were thrust in my direction. We raced across the northern Washington border, on the edge of cliffs overlooking the Pacific. Suddenly, a dead tree slammed against my side, throwing me over the edge. As I fell toward the water I knew the only thing I could do to save Bella. I had to find Elisa and protect her myself. Bella would find her way to us and somehow I would stop her. Somehow.

But that plan disappeared two and a half days ago. Just hours after Bella ran off, Elisa was gone.

There was no way Bella had found her so fast. Esme claims that she was with Elisa the whole time, but then everything around her vanished. Esme compared it to a dreamless sleep and when she awoke, Elisa was gone.

That’s what led me here. Just south of Port Angeles stood a small, worn down house. Abandoned and condemned, the faded grey shingles hung loosely to the façade, while others lay discarded on the front lawn. Any human would avoid this place.

That made it the most likely hiding spot in one hundred miles.

I tried to hold back my anger as I knocked on the front door. The door cracked and fell to the ground.

I knew who must have Elisa and I didn’t care about the danger it meant. All that matter was that Elisa and Bella were safe. My enemy was sure to use Elisa as a pawn to draw Bella to join his group of civil servants, I’d once heard him call the Volturi. Or worse, he was considering turning Elisa and using her …or taking her for his mate. Alec only looked young.

The possibilities rolled around in my head as I raised my hand to tear the bit of screen still hanging in the doorway, blocking my entrance.

“Edward. How good to see you.”

Large red eyes looked up at me. On the surface they could be seen as friendly, but I knew they were anything but.

“Jane. I should have known you’d be helping him.”

A coy smile played on Jane’s lips before she responded, “Helping him. Oh no, young one, you have it backward. I am all about helping myself. Alec was merely here to assist.”

“I don’t understand.” I stared into her eyes, sensing trouble, trying to capture all of her thoughts so I could act fast, but Jane was calm. Too calm.

Jane leaned casually against the splintered doorframe. “You’re too late.”

My mind spun. Bella had gotten to Elisa? Alec and Jane had them both?

“The transformation is nearly complete. Elisa will be one of us in a matter of moments. I look forward to all that she can provide for me.”

My arms straightened and fists clenched at my sides, fighting back the urge to strike. In the back of my mind I felt guilty for the relief that Bella would no longer suffer from a bloodlust for Elisa and could return to me. Still, I spoke through clenched teeth, “If you think you can just turn her and that she will join the Volturi, you’re wrong.”

A eerily gentle, bell-like giggle slipped from between Jane’s lips, “The Volturi? This has nothing to do with the Volturi, silly child. If she wants to participate in the actions of the Volturi, she will be welcome. I’m sure Aro would be happy meet her. But I’d be happy to never see Aro again if it meant I could be with Elisa.”

All I could do was repeat my earlier statement, “I don’t understand.”

Jane glanced at the ground and then back at me, annoyed, as if it should be obvious. And then I understood. A moment before Jane spoke, I knew.

“Elisa is my mate.”

THE END

********************************

Hahaha. This was SO FUN to write. It just flowed out of my thoughts in the course of half an hour. I warned you Ava that I would mess with your story and turn Elisa and Jane into lovers if you didn’t update. This, of course, was all in good fun. My desire for you to update is not out of annoyance, but purely because you are such a good writer. I love your work and hope you enjoyed my little prank.
622 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »