Reviews for Stupid Cupid And Other Rhyming Words
Vaapad chapter 2 . 8/13/2008
Just an encouragment to update soon !
Asugar chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Tagan is so cute. Nine years? No wonder Teyla's mad. That would be 13 years of John dragging his feet. Great start. Please continue...
Asugar chapter 2 . 8/11/2008
I hope things get better for you and you update soon. I love your work.
TeylaFan chapter 2 . 5/21/2008
Goodluck with everything, and I look forward to reading your stories again when you have the time to write them again! :D

*hugs*

Love all of your fics, and you're a very talented writer! :D
TeylaFan chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Very cool! :D I loved the epilogue! :)

So cute how you write little Tagan and Ilima. I love the names of Ronon's kids! :D Great job! :D
KatieCat chapter 2 . 5/15/2008
I love the story so far as you've presented it, and I'm dismayed that you will not be continuing for some time. The real world and other work can take precedence, I understand.

One major detail in this first chapter I feel I must address is the number of tests you have Rodney and the other scientists subject Tagan and Ilima to: If, as you say they have two tests per day, for six days, once a month, that would mean they would be subjected to 144 tests per year if you use year-round schooling. If you base it on a 180 school day as it required by law (in the United States) it means they will have to take 108. Both these number far exceed the monstrous amount of assessments (tests) that American children are subjected to by the No Child Left Behind Act. Most (American) children must devote 80 days to tests out of the 180 school day, as required by NCLB.

The Act, if you didn't know, is backfiring. Its intentions were good, but teachers are teaching to the test so that their school is not punished for low test scores, and students are learning less than they ever were. More and more children are suffering from extreme test anxiety and this is manifesting in physical ailments such as stomach problems and high blood pressure.

144 or 108 tests for children who are no older than 7 years or 9 years is extreme. Granted, as you noted, they are being educated by the foremost experts in their field, but they are still children. Again, I'm only basing this from the American perspective and I'm not sure how other countries run their public schooling, but 144 tests is extreme whichever way you put it.

That aside, I hope you can update soon.
neptune60 chapter 2 . 5/14/2008
Very good start and I look forward to reading more when you get time. Don't really see Shep as being lecherous though. Poor Shep gets all the blame for being a flirt with women, but yet it was Teyla who ended up pregnant with another mans child. Sorry you didnt win in the JT awards but I'm sure you will next time.
bailey1ak chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
So far it seems like it could be a great story. Can't wait for other chapters to get a better feel for the story.
Rhyno304 chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Good start. Looking forward to the rest. Sam's a general, huh? About time! Is she with Jack?

Regardless, I am eager to see where you go with this.
tripwatcher2 chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
What a great start! I can't wait to read more!
Gater101 chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
I reviewed over at LJ but I just thought I'd say "Uncle Johnny Cash" - LOL. Awesomeness.
espergirl04 chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
I loved this, I hope to read more soon!
Linda66 chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Oh i like where this story is going...I kinda like seeing John and Teyla arguing...This was so intense,hmm i wonder what the others are planning to do!
rubycaspar chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Oh my god I can't believe you actually did it! That's so cool. Hmm, I wonder what else I can make you do... *rubs hands together gleefully* :P

Seriously, this was so amazing. It was such a great set up for what's promising to be an amazing story. I loved all the little details you packed into it, and the kids are both uber cute!

You do like your Johnny Cash, don't you? ;)

I hope you don't make John too leacherous, though that was quite funny. Love it and can't wait for more!
sgafan360 chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
Interesting haven't read many longer stories with Tagan playing such a central role.