Reviews for Lingering Shadow
nautika chapter 2 . 6/26/2010
I was glad to find Chapter 2 here. It is a good Faramir story, showing him in a slightly different light than I've seen before. Thank you for sharing it.
Power Of Funk chapter 2 . 6/13/2010
cool story bro! XDXD
Desertfyre chapter 2 . 4/22/2010
I really enjoyed this story! And it was hilarious when Legolas picked Faramir up. That cracked me up!
Susan W chapter 2 . 5/20/2008
Yay! Most excellent to have an update waiting for me upon my return from vacation.

snicker! "Faramir was powerless to evade her ministrations; she had tucked his arm through hers and held him in place." I do so love your Arwen in mother hen mode. :) :) Poor Fara! ;) "“Hush, Faramir. Whatever is afoot will wait until we have seen to your ease.” Faramir admitted defeat in the face of her determination."

". .and why does he accuse me of being a traitor?" Yeah! That is my question too!

Oh Yay! Fara and the Elves are going off in search of this mysterious "ghost".

Eep! Fara's assailant is very determined. :(

Nice to see Fara was able to get through to Anborn for just a moment. Long enough to get his answer and to see his friend once more. And there is that dratted Black Breath. Of course that would be the reason behind Anborn's lunacy. Sigh! Unfortunately Estel and Elladan were unable to aid the old Ranger. :(

I absolutely love the ending! Fara needs to be with his Rangers to be able to grieve for Anborn and the idea that the others, his newest friends, will be there for him also, is most excellent.

"Arwen nodded in agreement.. “And who will keep Legolas safe?” she enquired with a grin."

"“Gimli is already down at the Inn and I heard him putting our Elven Prince on notice before he went to retrieve Faramir. The twins and I will wander down later. Between us we should be able to keep the youngsters in order.”"

"Arwen’s raised eyebrow gave an indication of her thoughts on the matter “In that case I will forewarn the duty guard and make up an extra large batch of that hangover cure!” snicker!

A light hearted moment to offset the sadness of the end result of Anborn's madness. sniff!

Poor dear Fara! He'll need the attention after all that, especially as he'll be thinking about all of the other Rangers that he had lost that awful day.

Wonderful story and so looking forward to more tales from you, Shireling! May the Muse be with you! :) :)

Sorry, couldn't help myself!
acacia59601 chapter 2 . 5/17/2008
Interesting story, I hadn't expected it to be Anborn! Very well done.
vectis chapter 2 . 5/17/2008
I enjoy your stories because the way you write makes the characters and events seem believable. It was very sad that Anborn did not recover, but it would have been less realistic if you had given this tale a happy ending for him.

I did not expect a new story from you quite so soon after your last epic but this was greatfully received - thank you.
Sarahbarr17 chapter 2 . 5/17/2008
This was really good, though quite sad in a way. Is it the last chapter of the story?

Hugs,

Sarah x
sara chapter 2 . 5/16/2008
Is this the end? It doesn't quite feel like it, although I suppose you have wrapped most things up... but maybe we'll learn how Anborn survived for a year?
BM originally chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Great start! I'm really looking forward to more of this-you've got my curiosity up! And you've done a great job with your characterization of Faramir-I like him!

Thanks for sharing!
StarofElendil chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
shireling, I am intrigued and very much looking forward to reading more of this story. I liked your having Faramir "talk" to Boromir, and I enjoyed Faramir and Legolas' friendship.
sara chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
So excited to see a new story from you! I always love your work, and this looks to be just as good as your past stories.
vectis chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
If I could write as well as you do this would be a stunning review, but I can't - sorry about that.

Loved your last story and, if the first chapter is anything to go by, it looks a though I will become hooked on this one too.
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
An intriguing beginning. I am looking forward eagerly to the next chapter - please update soon!

Hugs,

Sarah x
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
Interesting first chapter... I can't wait for more!
Susan W chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
Yay! A new tale! I was hoping your muse would not disappear again for another 3 years or so.

"Tamir wasn’t the only one who thought he needed a keeper; both Arwen and Estel treated him like an indulged younger sibling, a habit also taken up by Legolas and Gimli and by the Queen’s Elven brothers. The habit stemmed from his initial slow recovery from his injuries and he took their fussing with good grace."

snicker! I can see Faramir's eyes rolling and hear a little sigh as he accepted his friends mothering him. :) :)

"“I promise to be good, to eat my greens and go to bed early!” Faramir teased."

I love the scene of Fara in the Hallows talking to his beloved big brother as if the man was right there to hear. sniff!

I always love the friendship you build between Fara and Legolas in your tales. So many fanfic authors state they are friends, but then they never write it. Those still only turn out to be the same ole Legolas and Aragorn friendship tales.

Great conversation between Legolas and Fara as they leave the Hallows. :) :) snicker! "“She does not expect apologies but I doubt not that she will fuss and cosset you. . .I’m afraid that until she has a babe to focus her maternal instincts upon that you will continue to inhabit the role of her surrogate offspring!” Legolas teased.

“I suppose to her I am a mere youngster,” Faramir grimaced wryly."

Oh boy! A mystery! There are so few of those, or LOTR ones anyway, on this site also.

Me thinks Fara's friends should give him a little more leeway and less doubt in his abilities to handle issues that arise, especially in the field of security. He was an excellent Captain of the Rangers for most of his adult life, afterall. They're going to smother the young man in over protectiveness. ;) :)

"“Arwen was worried,” Estel exclaimed, causing Faramir to smile gently at his friend." hm mm! Is that Arwen or really Aragorn? ;) :)

snicker! I love the musings of Aragorn and friends as they try to figure Fara out. ;) :)

"“And I will keep a close eye on our young Steward,” Legolas offered. “I think his claim that he was in need of an early night was probably prompted more by a desire to risk closer scrutiny than it was about being tired.”

“He is too astute to think he can hide his concerns from us.”

“He knows that we worry about him. . .I wonder sometimes if he finds our concern a little overwhelming?” Arwen mused.

“Maybe, but he also thrives on the care and attention.”

“You think he is seeking notice?”

“No,” Arwen laughed. “No, but he finally feels safe within our circle. He will come to us when he is ready.”

Snicker! I think Arwen has a handle on the problem already.

Yay! I love seeing Fara still sneaking out to do his own thing! He's an independent one! And an independence that I hope will continue. Nice to see he keeps up with his Rangers.

Hmm! Anborn, is it? Is he the face that Fara saw in the crowd, the one that ran Fara down and also haunted his dreams the night before?

Absolutely looking forward to more! :) :)

You'll probably update again while I'm gone on vacation. sigh! oh well! I'll just have to play catch up when I get back.

Great to see you back to writing!