Reviews for Novocaine
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Oh bother, I left the Novocaine review on the Puppetmaster chapter, so now I'll have to do the opposite so you'll get the Puppetmaster review. That's what I get for writing the reviews down to type them into the computer later.

Anyhow, I loved Katsura in chapter 6. Good blend of shrewdness and ruthlessness where he decides to neutralize the threat Shishio posed. Then the masterful contrast with Katsura's ability to honor his promise to Kenshin, and the wisdom to know the difference between the two hitokiris. Good chapter! Sorry the review got tacked onto the wrong story!
KenSan1990 chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Beautiful...

Your description is incredible.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
I love your use of language and your insights into Sano's psychology: his love and resentment of Kenshin, his ability to pull through the war only to "fuck it up" when it was time to go home, and his need to fight to feel. All seem very true to a vet's experience. It's interesting to focus on this because it is so easy to overlook Sano’s war experiences in the shadow of Kenshin’s.
sueb262 chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Your take on their relationship is addictive. All you have to do is put them in the same scene together, set them across from each other at a table, and the room fills up with emotional power, with crushing history, with ... well,... love. It makes me want to be there with them, to somehow be a part of all that, to love them.

Your Sano is so reckless and headstrong-many writers have written him like that-but yours is also deep, deep beyond even his own understanding, and certainly deep beyond what he wants to be. I can always feel the struggle between his upper and lower layers. It's almost like a person kept from learning language until too old for the brain to accommodate itself to that skill, and then trying to learn it as an adult: he would never be able to "think" in language, and so many of his "thoughts" would be inexpressible. Your Sano would like nothing better than to be simply his "fists and agressive bravado", but he is chained to his whole self; his soul matches Ken's for its sense of justice and duty and burden for others, but he sort of hates that.

I love it!

And your Ken is very hard to describe. Maybe in this piece, this phrase gets close to what moves me about him: "those ancient, golden-brown eyes." It's almost primal, your expression of him, and something in me that _I_ don't have the language for responds.
Warg chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
A cozy fit in a borrowed setting, hungover grime, threatening shadows, nausea, pain.

What's the signigicance of 304?

Masterful ending.. and an amazing read throughout