Reviews for Dark Night
tastewithouttalent chapter 1 . 2/27
Wow. This is very beautiful and very touching. I love this pairing and this really does an excellent job of touching on the inherent tragedy in Kurapika's vow for revenge while still creating some sort of optimism, both of which are things I really want in fic for these two :) :) Excellent, beautiful writing, and /fantastic/ job on the characterization!
Bushwah chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
"You want to read every book that was ever written. You want to read them all and discuss them with people, and then you want to learn a bunch of foreign languages so you can read those books too, because you actually want to know everything there is to know. And then you want to travel to all the places you've read about and see what's there, and you want to learn about people and protect people from things and build things and-and do things I can't even imagine."

If I ever am feeling like this, I hope there will be someone who can say - these exact words - these things to me. Because I want to read every book that has ever existed. And because that will take many lifetimes, I can't waste a minute. And because I can't waste a minute, I spend my leisure time reading things like this.
WhimsicalShmoo chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Very beautifully written. You did such a delicate topic justice, and kept the both of them remarkably in character. I teared up a bit (a lot) during Leorio's little monologue, reminding Kurapika of all he wants to do. Just 5/5, very sweet, and very real ;u;
SageMasterofSass chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Oh please tell me there will be more to this! It's wonderful.
Bai-Feng333 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
I really love the beginning. The description of the night and how everything i slowing down, like everything is dreaming.
the fanfiction hve somthing naturally to read, like every word is fitting perfect.
Really great, you did a awesome job!
hinatachan404 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
i looked through fanfiction for this fic, ive been thinking about re-reading it for a while, i love this, the thought that kurapika is NOT being as strong, and untouchable as we think, is possible?...i love it, absolutely love it
The Countess of Monte Cristo chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Oh, heaven, I think I can say quite honestly this is my favorite Hunter x Hunter fic ever! It's so bittersweet! My heart was aching and my eyes were burning the entire time I read it! How do you bewitch me so! Kurapika's hopelessness and Leorio's passion were expertly captured in this; they seemed so real! And that paragraph from Leorio about all the things he knows Kurapika wants to do ...oh, I was crying! And the line about him not letting that fire crumble into itself, oh, I was choking up! And even the humor with his saying he would be there to help with anything he needed: dear me! Ah, my heart strings have been tugged! Masterful! Beautiful! Brilliant! Emotional!
Sugerbliss chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
wow, that was truely dark. You seariousely gotta give me tips. keep up the good work.
bellabrochol chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Wonderful. Simply wonderful. Your grammar and punctuation are pretty much spot on, so that readers can focus on the story rather than any glaring errors - well done. In terms of the story itself, I found it well-written and emotional. It seemed like something that could very well happen in the series, and you kept both Leorio and Kurapika very well in character. It wasn't too short, nor was it too long - though I would love to know what happens next. And I almost cried while reading it.

Keep up the wonderful work!

bellabrochol
AUehara chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
an, so, it will continue then, right? *-*

it's so cool!

and, uh, I liked it very much! their little fights are so cool! I love them!

that's all!

see ya
Haiku Kitten chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Aw.
BrackishLine chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
WOW. This is... AMAZING. In character, sweet in a morbid way, and so... Grand.
StarDancer1234 chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Interesting..

A good story; it was amazing how you kept Kurapika so in character, as Leorio said with the,

'...it was almost a pattern. Kurapika was nothing if not methodical.'

and also,

'"You woke up," Kurapika replied succinctly.'

Leorio getting 'opposite of angry', with him telling Kurapika exactly what he wanted to do with his life, when he himself didn't admit it, was amazing. Definitely an 'aww' moment, hidden in the darkness.

So, please keep writing and updating! (Redemption, ;)

StarDancer
Azamiko chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
Not cheerful, but good. (Not that it would have to be cheerful to be good normally...)