Reviews for Harry Potter and the Alchemist's Apprentice
Fire Tempest chapter 24 . 3/29
Really interesting story, I hope that you do see it through. Thank you for writing.
merrilyme chapter 24 . 3/20
Good Story :) Please please update! I know you said ch 19 was nearly done but it's been soo long!
I'm guessing because 12 Grimmauld is in lock down, and Sirius is still alive, and they blamed Grimmuald's lock down status on his death... that means Harry and Sirius are using the place? Could Lily and James be there... or did they really die lol, that would be just a bit disappointing, after all that!
Life's a dream chapter 24 . 3/2
This story is incredible! I love the entire plan and how you pulled the whole thing off. Although I really would like Harry's POV of how he saved Sirius and waking up Lily and James, but I guess that won't be happening unless in a flashback?...
Haha this story is really really great. Thanks for posting!
I'd really, really love to see more! :)
Monki-Neko chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
love this prologue. usually im not fond of this kind of dialog-only writing style but you've written it very well here, to the point and clear in your meaning.
Zlatka chapter 24 . 12/17/2013
Thank you for your story.. its interesting.. :)
Lord Geovanni chapter 24 . 10/17/2013
Interesting story. I REALLY like what I have seen so far. Hope you can update again soon.
FlyingLovegood123 chapter 24 . 10/9/2013
Wow. I found this three hours ago and just sat and read it. This is a frankly gorgeous story, and I hope there is more! And I can't wait for more Lily and James!
Wind Whisperer chapter 24 . 10/1/2013
So excited to keep all these updates. I've been following and loving this story for so long... keep it up!
Isaac Prewett chapter 24 . 10/1/2013
Damn you had to made me read that T.T

Damn interludes T.T

By the way it was awesome sad as shit, but awesome
mindcandy chapter 24 . 9/30/2013
Ah, I guess I was wrong about the cave being outside of GH. Hmmm.

Anyway, this has been great. I'm so glad I'm all caught up now. :) Some things I really loved:
-James interrogating Jack
-Harry and James having the duel conversation about him missing his seventh year
-Harry hiding from Prongslet under the table
These were the three things I remembered clearly from reading the first go around. So Kudos.

I also really love your take on magic and how it can be manipulated. As far as pacing goes, I think you've sped things up quite nicely. I know you mentioned the story being a little slow at first, and it was, but at the same time it was still interesting to read. The back half of the story however, has flown by-almost a little too quickly!

I can't wait to see what happens next! Have Sirius and Harry been living in the cave for 5 years or did they find a time turner? What about Lily and James? Ahhhh, can't wait!
enchantedlight chapter 24 . 9/30/2013
great chapter! update soon!
mindcandy chapter 22 . 9/30/2013
Ah! This has all been completely unexpected in such a good way. I'm guessing Harry wasn't able to salvage a time turner? His conversation with Dumbledore was pretty great.

Anyway, a few things with this chapter:

"According to him, he had seen the boy wandering the hills near Grimmauld Place..." Did you mean Godric's Hollow? In previous chapters you mentioned Harry wandering outside of GH and finding a cave. And GP is in the middle of London...

At the end of the chapter, Harry says, "It hardly matters. It's four-on-one anyway." Then a few paragraphs down his enemy says, "Like you said, it's five-on-one..." Just a small discrepancy. :)
mindcandy chapter 16 . 9/30/2013
"Lily excused herself through much of it to spend as much time with her baby as possible, and sometimes James would take her place, spending an hour tossing the child in the air, blowing multicolored bubbles with his wand, and causing young Harry to laugh as long and hard and as many things as possible. He was very spoiled that day. Nothing he did was scolded; everything was met with smiles and hugs."

This snippet in particular really pulled at my heartstrings, but really, this an entire chapter was really well done. It was emotional without being overly so.

A couple of minor errors I noticed: you used 'mom' instead of 'mum' twice in the conversation between Harry and Lily and you're missing 'the' in, 'Lily was on the second floor in nursery.' Other than that, the chapter looked great.

Also, I'm a bit confused about something. Lily and James took the potion to create the connection to Harry in order for him to absorb and fight off the Killing Curse for them. Did little Prongslet also take this potion? I don't remember it being mentioned, but I'm wondering because you said Harry felt three curses-so I'm assuming he absorbed the curse for James, Lily, and Prongslet. Or did he feel the curse rebounding and hitting Voldemort? Is he still connected to LV? I wasn't sure. :)

But yeah, this has been great. I first started following the story back in Nov. 2011 (at least according to FF, I did). I haven't been reading much, but I decided to reread this one and I'm really glad I did. It's been a treat.

Can't wait to see what happens next! So excited you've decided to rescue Sirius. :D
Silvers45 chapter 24 . 9/29/2013
Oh my God, that was... that was so awesome! Seriously. Love it. I'd forgotten how much I loved your writing! Thank you, thank you so much for updating. It took me a while to remember where you'd left off, but it was worth it. That attack last chapter was epic in itself. And Draco! I did like seeing a logical Draco Malfoy in here. Most versions of him are as a stupid coward who didn't have the guts to be clear enough about where his loyalties lay (canon included, I think...).

And the whole part about the Order was brilliant, really. The way you wrote the hope awakening in their small group was purely moving. Plus the interlude! The damage you show us by simply mentioning it in passing was unbelievable - the quote:

"'If he's hurt, we'll fix him. If he's sick, we'll heal him. If he's crazy, we'll set him up by a window so he can watch the birds, and do what we can to make him comfortable.' George looked suddenly somber. 'It's not like we don't have experience with that already.'

Draco didn't comment. Molly Weasley's mental state was a delicate subject, and he certainly didn't wish to broach it now, when distraction from the goal could be disastrous." - really got to me in particular. I just kind of sat there for a moment and tried not to cry. Excellent writing.
Guest chapter 24 . 9/29/2013
Such a lovely story! I just rtread the entire thing, and I can't wit for the action to start up again! You are awesome!