Reviews for The City of Los Angeles v Iron Man
Drifting One chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
This was great. It leaves a lot to the imagination as well, such as what eventually happens to him. Great stuff, really.
XxThe Penny TreasurexX chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
Haha:) Poor Tony:)
Roach Patrol chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
This was awesome and also hilarious. I totally lost it at 'a Latverian ambassador...' Poor Tony has a busy schedule!
The Violent Tomboy chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
Harvey Dent? Nice.

Seriously, with all the collateral damage, superheroes really should be sued once in awhile - especially when the damage's a bit over done...
Raihu chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
I am so happy right now.

Also, it pains me to talk more about the formatting than the content, but - I note that you were able to force equal spacing around the dividers. I KNOW YOUR PAIN.

Having re-read this, I can tell you that the line "Tony immediately flips to the middle" is an instaclassic. Snappy dialogue is one thing; throwing immensely appropriate behaviors in underneath it builds up a scene that just works.
pinktiff1989 chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Great beginning!
La Flamingo chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
I saw this on LJ and wanted to squee like crazy, but I decided that hey, might as well fav this friggen' awesome piece on so it can be archived and stuff.

Seriously, a very clever piece. You capture the really truth-y part of being a superhero perfectly, showing the reality that hey, *somebody* has to pay for the all the damages. And since Stark, egotistical bastard that he is, decided to stick his foot in the mouth and reveal his secret identity, he's kind of up shit creek without a paddle.

The dialogue was brilliant. The characterizations were awesome. I have a very limited vocabulary in describing the humorous and clever way this piece moved but I can tell you I loved it.

Fantastic job. Thanks for the laugh and the fanfic of amazing-ness.

And I'm so sorry for my Valley-Girl vocab - one day it will be more expansive and flattering.

Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Effing brilliant, especially in this day and age. And I agree with you on the FFN formating-God it sucks.
The AntiPoet chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
I love you. You managed to combine three of my favorite things in one fic: Tony Stark being an alcoholic, Jarvis being a sarcastic little snit, and Lawyers. :D

It's not a perfect fic; I think it could be more approachable if written in the past tense, and the prose feels a little spartan at parts, but the dialogue is lovely and the plot sounds fabulous. It's so clever, the idea of "just how responsible are superheroes?", especially considering that was the idea behind the entirety of Civil War and "The Incredibles". While this would be less of an issue for super-billionaire Stark, I can definitely see him being offended at the implication that he's at fault for providing a service. (And of course, there's the implication that everyone is a bunch of greedy bastards and would sue Stark just to get a piece of the billionaire pie. Boy, poor fella...) My bets go to him going on a "heroing" strike out of frustration and only taking it back up when the world has to BEG him to save them from someone like the Mandarin. :D

I would totally write that myself if I wrote fanfiction. But hey, props to you for doing your homework. So many authors are like, "research? Ew! I don't want to have to WORK to write!" and then we end up with a trillion fics that make us scream, "Science/the justice system/human anatomy doesn't work like that!" So, yay. You're officially my favorite person just for being so amazing and wonderful and putting real effort into your works.

So, yeah. Sorry about the disjointedness of this all; I'm not really awake yet. Can't wait to see how this branches out. :)
IronAmerica chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Regardless of the fact that you ripped off quite a bit of the story, it was pretty funny. Umm, about the ripping things off- This is fnafiction. FANfiction. No one makes any money, except the creators, and that really isn't relevant, but you won't get in trouble for it. Just put a little disclaimer at the top saying that you don't own the form, and you'll be fine. It's worked out pretty well for me.

Ralindir chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Hahah, that was brilliant. Excellent dialogue, references, and overall writing.

The Phantom Lady chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
Please, please, please continue this! Oh my goodness! I have looked for an Iron Man fic that was written well and in the same voice that Robert Downey Jr. gave Tony Stark in the movie since opening day! I’ve hit the jackpot with your story and I want… nay, need… you to update as soon as possible!