Reviews for God's Wheel
Guest chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
That was *gasps wheeze shivers* that was just so

I don't want to use beautiful again but it wasssss.

I was curious getting into this cause I thought, "Seymour and Rikku eh? Of all pairings?" but this was just gut-wrenchingly beautiful and bittersweet and goodness. They might have become my favourite pair! I doubt I can find another fic concerning these two as sweet and true as this however.

I never thought Seymour was evil. His story is such a sad one. I always thought of him more as a misguided child having a tantrum the entire time I was playing FFX and I felt sorry for him (except the boss fights. Hated him during the boss fights). So I love how he's being portrayed in this fic. Just trying to find peace like I think he always wanted. Poor Seymour. Great fic and great romance (without the smut) per usual.
TamChronic chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Beautiful. Just beautiful. Utterly stunning. The modernist stream-of-consciousness run-on sentence style of writing is certainly not my favourite (to me, it can be a little tedious), but that didn't even matter here. There is a bittersweet tenderness in this story that is just breathtaking. Excellently crafted, rich with striking imagery, and perhaps the only believable way Seymour could find something approaching redemption. I am just speechless. Bravo.
And The Adversary Succeeds chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
I am stunned! This was amazing!

Let me start by saying that I never envisioned this pairing. I never could have imagined it- oh, well never mind, I guess I could have. The way you played it out, though, showed a mastery of writing that I wish I had. How you played out each scene as if in a dream, lost in a waking sleep, it seems at times. With the merging of dream and reality that makes it hard for us to discern what is real and what is merely happening within her mind. The beauty of what you did with this, though, goes beyond that. The way you left it open to whether or not this was a romance or simply an understanding, as you said. The way you took Seymour and put him into such a different light was phenomenal! How you portrayed his regrets and his sorrow, juxtaposed with Rikku's love of life and how she accepts what Seymour is doing, realizing he is healing, and wants to understand. Believe me I could go on.

Your style of writing captivated me as well. How you shifted with your descriptions and emotions with Rikku. The many different - often contradicting - adjectives that you put into use. To say the least I was mesmerized by it.

The whole story was absolutely wonderful. I loved it to no end! To say the least I believe you may have inspired me. To do what, I'm not quite sure yet. All I can say is that I applaud this literary masterpiece! The way you handled the characters, the way you shaped the words into sentences, into paragraphs, into this truly marvelous work! I wish you luck on any other writings, and thank you for writing this one.
Time Manipulator chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
I don't review stories very often, but I really liked this one. There wasn't a whole lot of dialoge, and it was peaceful. I liked the style and the way you portrayed the characters. I hope you contiue to write fanfiction like this one because there just isn't much good fanfition these days.
Peeka-chan chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Wow, just wow. This story is so bitter-sweet yet kinda fluffy and I adore it! Something in it just touched my heart and I'm not quite sure what it was. It could have been the word choice or the sentence fluency; or even just my awe of seeing a pairing that I didn't really think of carried out successfully. Thank you for writing this work; I certainly enjoyed it!
sheepnamedpig chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
I happened to notice your LJ claim that it was *you* who wrote the first Rikku/Seymour FFX fic.

While I commend you on writing for such a rare pairing, so beautifully, you aren't actually the first.

Check out "A Yarn of Seymour's Ordeal" by Silver Whirl. It's good stuff.
Youko-Kokuryuuha chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
I'll admit that I've been rather hesitant to read this, because it seemed like such a daunting task to read a one-shot so large, despite how the name captivated me. I took the time to sit down and read, and must say I am deeply impressed.

I've never really imagined a SeymourxRikku, because it seemed to odd, so unlikely, and so out of place, and yet you've managed to pull it off. It... certainly doesn't have the feel of a romance, or anything of the sort, but it's almost introspective, and it makes you think of the characters and their world.

I think that making understanding a major theme of this certainly worked for you, because it's entirely about Rikku trying to see past what he was and understand what he is trying to become (or maybe amend for?). It's nice to see Seymour in a positive light, because he was always sorely misunderstood.

You even went so far as to draw concepts from important works of literature, and I utterly respect and appreciate that, because it's something I try to do often but don't do enough.

But I'm rambling now, so I'll cut it short. La, you've certainly managed to grasp the concept of a spiritual fic, in my humble opinion. Superb.

Koky
foxygirlchan chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Wow! This is an amazing story!

It's different, of course, which adds on to the amazingness, but it's GOOD. You write so well. It's a very nice, even poetic, sort of style that I enjoy reading.

The style you write in is not boring, but it's not so enthralling that I skim through the page. It's a neutral sort of style. It's a good thing, keeps the reader at a pace. At least me, anyways.

I found this story very relaxing to read. The tone it was written in was a grayish type... if that makes any sense. Sort of like in the middle for me. It wasn't written like the character was talking to you, like most Rikku stories are (I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I'm just saying it's overused) and it wasn't written in a boring narrative either. It was a sort of mixture in between them both and was very very relaxing to read. Have to stress the relaxing part here.

I can also say this was relaxing because of the situations in the story. The only parts where the story got a little more quicker was when Rikku was running and on the Calm Lands, which is understandable because running is interchangable with quick.

I really like what you did with this story. Just Seymour and associating him with blue and the sea, and I could sort of see Rikku associated with earth if I looked close enough. I loved the intimacy the two got into. The touching and just staring and wanting to feel was a really nice thing to read, and so was the sudden changes in dreams and reality.

I love how you portrayed both of them, and how in the end, even if they don't end up happily-ever-after-with-a-million-kids, there is still a sort of bond, a sort of love, that you were able to write across to the reader.

You make me yearn for RikkuSeymour stories now, and am glad that the first story I read of them was an amazing one like yours.

Great job! Keep on doing what you do best!

Adios!
Sylla chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
So this is... different. I can honestly say this is the first time I've come across something like this. (Ah - for politeness' sake, I'm not sure if I introduced myself, but I'm on GA by the same name. )

Anyway, you've definitely managed to pull it off, and rather elegantly, too. I particularly like the constant references to the color blue - quite ironic considering Seymour's nature in X and the fact that blue is considered an 'innocent' color. But I ramble. May I point out one of my favorite parts of the fic? The very beginning, where Rikku catches a flash of blue in a crowd in Luca. That image just stayed with me (so you must be doing SOMEthing right). P

Hoo-kay, concrit. Not really much I can offer, though there were a couple of typos that you could catch quite easily with a careful read-through (yes I am incredibly picky, why?). Some of your sentences are also just a leetle wordy, so my attention kinda wandered away halfway through - but I can see it's something of a style, so nothing major there. Actually, now that I think of it almost every FFX fic I've read uses this kind of style when writing from a Rikku point of view. XD

Wow, that was about the lamest concrit I've ever given. I blame it on not really having anything to criticize. May I make a suggestion, though? Write more SeymourxRikku - you've really captured my imagination. D
Pen Against Sword chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Beautiful, simply beautiful. I thought to myself, "Seymour and Rikku? Rikku and Seymour? But...how?"

But you've exceeded my expectations (as usual) and pulled it off. I've probably told you before that I love your writing style, and that has no changed. You have an amazing grasp of imagery and structure, and all of your pieces are very unique.

This whole fic has left me with a quiet, serene feeling (most of the stuff like this that you write leaves me with that feeling). This is definitely going on my favorites list. Please keep writing!

(Btw, I have an unhealthy devotion to Shel Silverstein. The man was a genius, and I was sad when I found out he had died before I ever got the chance to tell him how much his poems changed my childhood. Glad to see you appreciate him as well.)
Nae'ka chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
God, I love this couple so much! And there are only two stories about them!

I really hope you write another one with these two. :p It's been so long since I have glanced at the FFX fan-archive. Because, honestly, it has really gone to pot. But this was amazing. I absolutly LOVE your writing style! Honestly!
Elicitation chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Although the writing style was a bit difficult to understand (there were bits that I had to reread to get) the over-all effect is brilliant. Rikku is perfectly portrayed by the general style, given her situation. I love the story. I doubt that it would have the same magic to it if it had been writen in a way that was less poetic.
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I'm not a great fan of this kind of writing, I admit - I prefer something more solid, less poetic. I do, however, realize that I'm just biased, and I can also recognize a very well-written story when I'm looking at one. You did a great job on this gem here. It sounds exactly like Rikku; I could hear her voice speaking clearly in my head. And the originality, the whole concept - it's just delicious. Congratulations. You have talent!

I don't see this fic as a /pairing/ piece. Sure, it's centered around Seymour and Rikku, but the main focus isn't really placed on romance between the two. Of course, it doesn't make the fic any worse (duh). Besides, I know it's hard to put two such different characters together and keep them IC, behaving in a realistic fashion. Needless to say, you pulled it off well.

Now, seeing that I'm a helpless Seymour fangirl and that Rikku's always been my favorite FFX female, I can't help but add this to my C2.
surfingfiend2685wolfqueen chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
This was very different, but in a good way. i loved the constant contrast with Rikku being warm and Seymour being cold.(Well duh, he's dead.) I almost cried when He was reunited with his mom, and I don't even like Seymour!
Micayasha chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Told'ja I'd fave it as soon as you got it up! Loved it then, love it now. Well done once again!