Reviews for Chuck vs the Just Deserts
One of my top three favorite chuck stories on ff dot net, and I think I've read or perused them all.
wilf21 chapter 8 . 9/18/2016
A wonderful story, even reading it eight years on. Hope you still get your reviews.
baldcoder chapter 8 . 4/30/2016
Good story. Well done.
Guest chapter 8 . 4/7/2016
This is one of my favorite stories on this site. You were able to infuse all of the characters with dignity, particularly Chuck, without changing their personalities. I disagree with the negative review below. It's not that all spies distrust everyone. It's Sarah in particular who was conflicted because of her upbringing, and you were able to read into that due to Yvonne Strahovski's wonderful expressiveness, even before the backstory was revealed in season two. Just a really nice story that was consistent with the character development in season one.
Lonny J chapter 8 . 3/10/2016
Excellent.
tut1971 chapter 8 . 4/10/2015
Decent enough story up until the final chapter. Completely absurd to believe that she wouldn't trust Chuck after working with him professionally and spending as much time as she would have personally for three years. This ridiculous notion that spies don't trust is far too pervasive in these fictions. No spy, deep cover or not, would survive past their first mission without trust in someone. It is the basic foundation of every relationship you have. She was part of a deep cover team for three years and had many "team up" missions before that -this doesn't happen if you don't trust. Much like the series of stories this author did this one is based on a very flawed premise and as a result loses much of its draw. Can't recommend.
phathead01 chapter 8 . 11/29/2014
Excellent! Thank you for writing.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/29/2014
In my opinion she was never worth it.
Purrum chapter 8 . 5/13/2014
You choose a good spot to finish. An enjoyable read.
Molotov chapter 8 . 4/27/2014
I like to think they get their 'happily ever after' in this story. It's open enough, and you mentioned keeping them true to themselves, that Sarah could continue to run missions while Chuck is at home and worries and blah blah. In my head, she retires from field work to train recruits locally and gets to stay and be with Chuck forever and ever.
And man. This was good. Real good.
I was scared early on, not knowing where this story would take Chuck. Disaster? Bunker? Suicide, give the level of depression in Chapter One.
It is good to read a story set in a Seaaon 1-that-never-ends with a happy ending, or at least a positive one. Season 1 stuff can be awful grim, especially since you wrote this before the show went into superhero and imposed-angst territory.
This is good. So good.
Your works terrify me, because you write them with a sense of realism of what could truly happen in this world with these people and these circumstances.
Love this, love you, love Chuck. Love, baby.
wimbledon92 chapter 4 . 5/16/2013
Loved the story, thanks for sharing it :)
IReallyEnjoyBeingOnThisSite chapter 8 . 1/2/2013
Please Please Please could you write an epilogue Please? I really love this story.
Steampunk.Chuckster chapter 8 . 11/25/2012
PERFECT. Just plain perfect.
s-david-m chapter 8 . 9/11/2012
I think this was an excellent story overall, and well written. Glad to see Chuck got the recognition he deserved. Had I written it, I don't think I would have had Chuck wait 3 years without becoming romantically involved with anyone though. As much as he trusts and loves Sarah, 3 years is a long time. I have to admit though that Chuck would probably break off whatever relationship he'd be in after finding Sarah's video messages.

Thanks for the great story!
plan1955 chapter 8 . 7/21/2012