Reviews for The Velvet Dark
Guest chapter 20 . 6/28/2012
fantastic story with a very realistic ending,enjoyed your version of how this tv show continued and ended.
thx
W
waffenmac chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
wONDERFUL
waffenmac chapter 20 . 6/28/2012
Superb story love your prose,perfect from start to finish.
W
LordMerle chapter 20 . 6/26/2012
Outstanding ending to the story. Very well done. I didn't see Island at War until June of 2012, though historical drama is one of my favorites. To find out that the series wasn't going to be completed was a real bummer. I finished the first show before finding that out. Once started I couldn't just drop it. So I went in search of fanfic, crossing my fingers that someone, somewhere had picked up the story and run with it. Needless to say, you did and did a fantastic job not leaving us hanging.

Would I liked to have had other characters resolved as well as what you did with Felicity abd the Baron, well, of course. But I also realize you didn't intend to write a book. And I'm sure most would agree that Felicity's story was absolutely the most important to have fleshed out.

I really would have liked to have seen where you would have taken Angelique and her German navigator, too. Anyone have any ideas about that? Or does anyone know of other writers who have put pencil to paper to resolve that tale?
Jazzola chapter 20 . 12/26/2011
What a wonderful, wonderful story. It has entertained and surprised me throughout, and I am so thankful to you for writing it. Absolutely brilliant.

Jazzola :)
Dragonmaster Kurai chapter 20 . 12/23/2011
Oh wow I love this. A lot. Very well written, great story! And I am a sucker for a happy ending :)

cya

DK
sash queen of the jungle chapter 12 . 10/11/2011
How romantic. He understands why she lied and he now knows about their child.
sash queen of the jungle chapter 6 . 10/10/2011
I am rereading this as there is another iaw story called a handsome man which has peaked my interest again. I just forgot how good this story was. I am glad the baron does not regret their night of comfort.
MyMadness chapter 8 . 8/4/2011
I love this. I'm back here to read it all again. Thank you for this.
tatty ted chapter 2 . 1/25/2011
I love it (:
Gemenied chapter 20 . 1/17/2011
Just going through my second read-through and I have to say, I am overwhelmed. It's a dense, well thought out story, that remains true to the characters and to the historical aspects.

A really gripping read.

Bravo!
sense-of-the-theatrical chapter 20 . 10/10/2010
This really is a masterful piece of writing for which you should be very proud.

I dont do marathon-style reading very often but on this occasion I made an exception. It was so brilliantly written there was just no way I was going to my bed until I finished it LOL

The sexual tension between the Baron and Felicity when I watched the DVD's was so electric. I was truly captivated. And could foresee so much more transpiring between them. Especially with Phil and the Senator being sent off to prison.

But alas they ended the series leaving us all in limbo ! *headdesk*

And so I was thrilled to see this marvellous continuation.

Its brilliantly thought out and totally believable with the most heartwarming conclusion any fan could hope for.

theoofoof chapter 20 . 7/27/2010
Wow! I have only just discovered Island at War and therefore this fic but I love it. It really is a fantastic continuation of the show (so gutted they didn't make a 2nd series) and I'm so glaf that you gave Felicity and the Baron a happy ending.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this wonderful story. I will go now to read the epilogue, "You are the Calm"
sillygenie chapter 20 . 7/18/2010
This may not have been the ending the writer intended but now this, your story, is the reality. And you leave with a really poignant image of them sitting and listening to the wind in the vines. I've really really enjoyed reading this. Hope you're continuing to write because you've a great talent and this is really brilliant.
sillygenie chapter 11 . 7/18/2010
Re-acquainting myself with IAW on Yesturday, already knowing there isn't another series, and here is this, your wonderful continuation of the story. Fantastically coherent and well described it really is a beautiful tribute to characters. Love that here (chapter 11) you tell us you like happy endings and basically not to worry.