Reviews for The Velvet Dark
Marianne chapter 20 . 10/25/2014
My compliments. What a beautiful story! I did not know the series and read it afterwards. Just what could have happened and so beautifully written too!
bugsfic chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
Very nicely done with strong plotting.
pollosmoky chapter 20 . 8/1/2014
That was beautiful, thank you.
Bookworm Kate chapter 20 . 6/3/2014
Such wonderful writing! I was on the edge of my seat when Felicity left for England, and was so, so, so glad you made the ending a happy one. How sweet and lovely! Very much enjoyed this story - thank you for writing and sharing it! Beautiful job!
Bookworm Kate chapter 14 . 6/3/2014
I recently came across your story and am absolutely loving it! Haven't quite finished yet, but will try to soon. Just wanted to express my appreciation of your writing and what I've read of this great story so far. It is always nice to know you aren't the only when you watch a series and think "gosh, there's some chemistry there!"
You've done a wonderful job with the character's and taken real care with their voices. I can nearly see it playing out in front of me. The spark between these two characters is what kept me watching the show, tbh - very electric. I look forward to reading on in this story. :)
Jan chapter 19 . 5/9/2014
Thanks ever so much for this wonderful "end" to the Baron and Fliss. I ran acoss the mini-series on Netflix recently and was looking online to see if a second season had been filmed. I found a reference to this writing and sat down and read it this afternoon. I think you captured Philip Glenister's Baron beautifully, especially in the chapters before they became the "Happy Couple." Making a happy ending is difficult writing . . . to say the least. You managed to keep the characters true to their cinema selves as well as morph and grow into mature people. I think you could have easily written the second season and maybe even the third with the escape to England and the post-war adventures. Again, thank you for sharing this. I could not stand it if the Baron had simply walked away into that huge house on the Island and left Felicity alone in the garden, pruning her roses!
Jan chapter 20 . 5/9/2014
Type your review for this chapter here...
Guest chapter 20 . 6/28/2012
fantastic story with a very realistic ending,enjoyed your version of how this tv show continued and ended.
thx
W
waffenmac chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
wONDERFUL
waffenmac chapter 20 . 6/28/2012
Superb story love your prose,perfect from start to finish.
W
LordMerle chapter 20 . 6/26/2012
Outstanding ending to the story. Very well done. I didn't see Island at War until June of 2012, though historical drama is one of my favorites. To find out that the series wasn't going to be completed was a real bummer. I finished the first show before finding that out. Once started I couldn't just drop it. So I went in search of fanfic, crossing my fingers that someone, somewhere had picked up the story and run with it. Needless to say, you did and did a fantastic job not leaving us hanging.

Would I liked to have had other characters resolved as well as what you did with Felicity abd the Baron, well, of course. But I also realize you didn't intend to write a book. And I'm sure most would agree that Felicity's story was absolutely the most important to have fleshed out.

I really would have liked to have seen where you would have taken Angelique and her German navigator, too. Anyone have any ideas about that? Or does anyone know of other writers who have put pencil to paper to resolve that tale?
Jazzola chapter 20 . 12/26/2011
What a wonderful, wonderful story. It has entertained and surprised me throughout, and I am so thankful to you for writing it. Absolutely brilliant.

Jazzola :)
Dragonmaster Kurai chapter 20 . 12/23/2011
Oh wow I love this. A lot. Very well written, great story! And I am a sucker for a happy ending :)

cya

DK
sash queen of the jungle chapter 12 . 10/11/2011
How romantic. He understands why she lied and he now knows about their child.
sash queen of the jungle chapter 6 . 10/10/2011
I am rereading this as there is another iaw story called a handsome man which has peaked my interest again. I just forgot how good this story was. I am glad the baron does not regret their night of comfort.