Reviews for A Swirling of the Dust
ksfreethinker chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
I really enjoyed the story. You captured the 10th doctor very well. I thought you nailed his speech pattern and word choice quite nicely. Donna was well done, also. I especially liked her bossiness at the very end.

One thing that troubles me is that while the Doctor was so keen on restoring the people he felt so sorry for, he didn't bother to attempt to communicate with them when they were reforming. A language barrier shouldn't be a problem, what with TARDIS translation circuits and all. I know that the Doctor likes to work a bit behind the scenes, but here we don't even see him say something like, "Welcome back" or "Good to see you again" to the Alazans.

Anyway, this is a good, solid and enjoyable read.
cakie313 chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
This was a lovely story, you write Donna particularly well.

It's refreshing to read good dw fanfic, with proper characterisation and stuff...thanks! just what i was after!

(In case you're wondering how i got to this story, it was through the tin dog community)
Sawbo1 chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
I just read this story and thoroughly enjoyed it.

You captured the characters of the 10th Doctor and Donna so very well. I also particularly liked the way you described the scene - very easy to visualise.

And generally very well written.

anemix chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
This was a very interesting story. I liked it. It had the right combination of novelty and familiarity. I also liked the technical bits. Having no romance factor was a plus also.

( . .)

Spoofmaster chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Nice for the Doctor to finally get a ray of hope in his life and undo a past failure. Also, you write Donna well, and freaking out a bit at being told you're breathing people is pretty understandable.

I'm adding this to my C2, the Tin Dog.
timano chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
I wonder if all the Time Lords were changed into wind-is this where your fanfic is going? Probably not, it was just a weird idea I had.

Good story- 10 out of 10 stars
Skyhiatrist chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
No flippin' reviews! For shame.

First of, ten out of ten for a fic with Donna in. Lovely stuff. Ok, that's that out of the way.

This is a superbly written, refreshingly original piece of fiction. The idea is so new and unexpected, and absolutely wonderful. The Doctor is so in character here, as is Donna, and you've resisted certain urges that a lot of writer's don't, namely interjecting far too much angst or trying to make a relationship more intense than it actually is.

That said, however, the mention of Susan and the Doctor's desire to remember her were nicely sentimental here. Not too mushy or self-hating, keeping the Doctor in his always tenuous state between his past and his present. Wonderful work.

I especially loved this exchange between the Doctor and Donna, as I thought it was a nice take on their relationship:

"You can't always save everyone, Doctor."

"No," he agreed, "but I always have to try."

This is going on my favourites as soon as I can remember my bloody password. Loved it. -Sky.