Reviews for In Another Lifetime: 'Sometimes'
KatiechanXoxoXSesshoukun chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I loved was so awesome. I am glad Clark's Mom took it so well.

KatiechanXoxoXSesshoukun
SassyAni chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Aw! I love how accepting Martha is! And all their private moments are so endearing!
mistressbabette51 chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
Oh, my favorite part was Lois and ‘her’ coffee! *LOL* Clark knows her so well, it’s amazing sometimes. And Clark, ‘being Clark’, let her know that marriage is give and take, compromise and adjustments. Oh, to see the look and Lois’ face! Perfect!

And, to think of them as newlyweds in this universe, without all the trappings of an unexpected pregnancy, and an meddlesome fiancé, just warms my heart!

Thanks, ladies!:D
framework4 chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
Nice. A much better end to SII than canon.
JamesTKent chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
I -love- the way this worked, but I don't think " . . . they had flown what Clark estimated to be around twelve thousand miles in only fifteen minutes." twelve HUNDRED, maybe, but in the various incarnations, it's seldom been established how far Metropolis is from Smallville - but I don't think it's twelve thousand miles.

That was the only thing that jarred, though. The characters were beautifully drawn!
lilbit4 chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Aww! they are so cute just got to love them.
mamaXunicorn chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
I loved that! It was brilliant!
remeyqueen74 chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
that was beautiful is there more ? are you gonna add jason? please continue
lere chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Oh, thank God for this new story! I was so depressed after the last weeks coming here and there was nothing to satisfy my fanfic addiction. I was reading old animes fandom fics!

I'll call it "the marriage reaction fic" and I must say that Perry's was my favorite. But you were mean! Lois and Clark inside the car and no funny moment? No sissy bar for the Man of Steel? Aw...

But I must thank you again and again for the future one shots because you know how much I love your stories. Thank you, dear!
Dannie Tomlinson chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Aww... Loved this.
thekiller00 chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
That was a great one shot for this series. I am curious to see where you go next in this series.
Trekkie6 chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
You DO deserve us! And you treat us very well!

{the sight before him was enough to make him do a double take.}

Hehe

{The individual making her way across the still mostly-silent room was none other than Lois Lane.}

Lane-Kent! *giggle*

{7:25 in the morning – on a Monday – following a five-day break. He was immediately curious if the end of the world was nigh.}

*snort*

{Perry watched her silently a moment longer, assessing her mood before blustering out in his usual bored tone,}

lol

{he was watching her with the expression akin to a man certain he was in the presence of an imposter. Something pretty damn weird was going on.}

LOL

{“Vacation, my ass,” Lois replied breezily, heading for his office. “You sent me on an assignment that kept me and Clark stuck away from home for Christmas.”}

And you’ll be forever thankful.

{“Well, Chief, your little ‘vacation’ sucked so much that I had to get myself a present while I was down there, just to make the whole trip worthwhile.”}

I’d say it was a present…

{“There you go, Perry. Typed, double-spaced, and proofread by Clark.”}

And forever shall be. *giggle* I’m an idiot…

{“He’s been working there practically since the invention of the wheel; about your age, Chief.}

*snort*

{“Clark and I spent a lovely winter day in Buncombe County’s courthouse,}

Hehe

{And Kent even edited your typos, I see. That alone is almost worth the expense of sending you two down there for a week.”}

lol Almost.

{Shared solitude, now, Lois thought resolutely, images of that long night clear in her mind as another smile teased her lips.}

*knowing grin*

{Lois reached into her purse and took out the two plain gold bands she and Clark had worn while posing as Mr. and Mrs. Smith.}

Which I am coincidentally watching as I type this. Who knew domestic violence could be so fun?

{“Here, Chief,” she said impishly, handing them over. “Don’t want you to be out the twenty-five dollars.”}lol

{Perry pointed silently to what surely looked like a wedding ring.}

Teehee

{“What, you bought yourself a fake wedding band?” Perry asked.

“No, my husband bought me a real one,”}

*cackle*

{She and Clark had even discussed this more than once and how she shouldn’t get too defensive.}

ha Yeah right! Easier said than done. “Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.”

{Everyone in this place has heard you bitch about it. And half of them probably think you hate Kent.}

*hugs him*

{“Who said I hate Clark?” Lois asked indignantly. That was enough to pin her ears back}

lol Of course that makes me think of a dog…

{“Where the hell did they get that crock? I’ll show ‘em a thing or two…”}

lol Cuz them’s fighting words, Stretch!

{“Besides, if you spray a man with shaken-up soda his first day here, get him locked into the supply closet twice that same week, and pull the plug out of his typewriter next Monday, people are gonna reasonably assume you don’t like him.}

LMBO

{“Sometimes you realize what you were looking everywhere for has been right beside you all along, okay?”}

If that ain’t the truth…

{“Good. Now get out there and do some work for a change! What do I pay you for, to sit around runnin’ your jaw? Scram!”}

lol After all of that he’s just gonna snap at her and kick her out? He started it!

{Half of them were watching Lois closely, still waiting for someone to announce that it was some kind of practical joke, waiting to see if Lois would have a complete meltdown when it got back to her.}

hehe

{But, as yet, Kent hadn’t appeared in the same room with her. Which only fed the flames.}

Well, where is he already?

{Lois shook her head slightly, wondering how she had never noticed his frequent absences before.}

Cuz you weren’t focused on ‘Clark’…

{Then again, they had very rarely been apart in last few days and she was chagrined to realize that the separation was getting to her. Get used to it, kid. You should have considered that before you said ‘I do’.}

*sigh* That is love.

{Despite the tight feeling in her chest, the dark-haired woman bowed to tradition, smirking at him.}

Kiss him!

{The moment the cup left her lips, Clark stole it back. And drained it.}

HA!

*giggles* Marital banter in the office is so fun!

{That’s funny, I don’t remember that being on the list of things they made us repeat in our vows. What, you think just because you’re sleeping with me you can suddenly change the rules?}

LOL Like you weren’t expecting to change anything!

{“My ass, Kal-El.}

lol Somehow I read that as “Kiss my…”

{I don’t obey anyone, not even the law.”}

*snort* That’s for sure.

{Clark laughed at her savage glare, and kissed her forehead.}

*sigh* Forehead kisses aren’t as romantic. Unless you’re watching it on TV...

{“That’s what you get for trying to thwart me. There’s tradition to be upheld here, dammit, whether I know your deep, dark secrets or not.}

lol

{Handing her the mug, he stroked a tendril of raven hair out of her face. “I’ll give you a cup of coffee; you’ll take my breath away every time I look at you.”}

Aw!

{She couldn’t let herself get silly and romantic – not at work}

lol, No, of course not cuz that would be bad…

{Unfortunately, turning her back just gave him a great opportunity to come up behind her and slide his arms around her waist. Lois couldn’t help the way her eyes slid closed when he did, couldn’t help the little shiver and the sigh that came to her lips.}

Me and you both, babe.

{Only last night they had been…}

*GRIN!*

{Kissing her shoulder, Clark whispered, “You are breathtakingly beautiful. You know that, right?”}

*sigh*

{The photographer, realizing that coffee in the break room was a dead end topic, tried something else. “What did you guys think of North Carolina?”}

lol Like seriously, does he really think this is fooling anybody?

{“It was pretty cold,” Clark said in his characteristic understatement.

lol

{The disbelief in his expression was clear to both of them. Sure, Lois might do something like this as a joke, but Clark? He’d be too embarrassed, and even if he did go along with it, he wouldn’t be so casual about the implications. So it had to be true…}

Excellent reasoning, Jim.

{“Seemed like a good idea at the time,” Lois said, completely deadpan.}

ROFL

{Beaming, he threw his arms around both of them like a proud father.}

lol President of their fan club he is…

{The next thing they knew, Jimmy had run out into the hallway and yelled at the top of his lungs, “Lois and Clark got married!”}

ROFLMBO!

{“Oh, shit,” Lois chuckled,}

LMBO

{“No, it means Steve Lombard’s gonna come park his fat ass on my desk and try to feel me up in front of you.”}

*falls over*

{“I’d never let some misguided notion of chivalry keep you from your fun. If Steve provokes you, he’s on his own. Just try not to break any of his bones this time, okay? You’re developing a reputation…”}

*snicker* I think I’m just gonna laugh my way through this whole thing. Not that you’d mind or anything…

{“Okay, that’s why I married you,” Lois replied as leaned up to kiss him. “Well, that and certain skills…” she added after a moment of consideration, her grin wicked.

“Hush,” he whispered, a memory flashing to his mind.}

*snicker grin*

{Still without a sound, Lois looked down at the ring on her hand, closed the distance … and practically attacked him, her mouth hungry on his. They’d been lucky to make it to the bed at all.}

ROFL

{“Lois and Clark got married!” Jimmy yelled down the elevator shaft,}

ROFLMBO He is so cute.

{Lois had been positively gleeful and absolutely fascinated to learn so much about the history of Krypton, leading to the usual million questions. It also didn’t detract from the experience that she had been curled around him at the time.}

*grin*

{Then home last night – a brief moment of awkwardness when they’d suddenly realized that ‘home’ meant two different apartments. Both had been stunned that they hadn’t even stopped to consider that.}

*snort* Then I can only imagine that they hadn’t even stopped to consider birth control. *giggle*

{A quick trip to Clark’s apartment to snatch up clothes and essentials had solved the problem for the moment. He hadn’t wanted to be away from Lois, not even for one night.}

I don’t blame him.

{Even during that first interview, when he’d told her he was from another planet, Lois’ only concern had been how to spell it.}

lol True. Though it cracks me up to actually think that Clark is the one who came up with the spelling.

{“Mrs. Kent!”}

*cracking up* That’s still funny…

{And I know she’s irate because I missed the weekend. Missing Christmas entirely is something I’m never going to live down and I’m all too aware of it. Though why she’s calling me at work to chew me out…”}

lol Cuz she’s heard the news. I still think I wanna elope.

{Ron, her brother-in-law, who upon hearing that Lois had gotten married, might have called up his wife to scold her for not telling him earlier. Only Lucy wouldn’t have known a thing about it, because Lois hadn’t broken the news to her family yet,}

lol And that, ladies and gentlemen, is called the domino effect.

{if Lucy hadn’t known about the marriage, she would’ve called Momma…

“Oh, shit!” Lois was off and running.}

ROFL That is a hilarious visual…

{Clark listened after her, worried, but the moment Ella Lane started speaking he winced. Lois didn’t remember to tell her, and I didn’t remember to nudge her about it.}

Did you even tell your *own* mother?

{Yes, Momma. I’ll come over for dinner and a lecture, all right? Is that atonement enough?}

lol It’ll never be.

{Sometimes I think I’m more intimidated by Mrs. Lane than anyone else on earth, even Luthor…}

lol Oh really?

{much to Clark’s surprise Ella had given him a warm hug and welcomed him to the family.}

That’s all anyone could want really…

{“The only reason she never set me up with you was because it’d be cheating on Superman … little does she know…”}

Heh

{Clark leaned in for a quick kiss at a stop sign. They were quiet for a moment, linking hands,}

*grin* Ya know, given my situation, all this lovey dovey romantic-ish stuff is easier to deal with since I’m not watching it. For some reason, that makes all the difference.

{Jor-El would have to be told, but Clark wasn’t relishing the task. In his father’s mind there was a clear distinction between Kryptonians and humans,}

Who cares what the big stupid head says? He’s not even REAL!

{a sharply-drawn line that Clark himself rarely acknowledged. By marrying Lois, he hadn’t just crossed that line; he had erased it,}

I love that analogy.

{“We really should go see Ma,” he told Lois as he squeezed her hand. “I mean, it’s not like she’s going to hear it through the rumor mill the way your mom did, but we shouldn’t wait to tell her. It’s good news.”}

Ah, so they haven’t told her…

{“Fine, so I guess we’ll head out to Kansas this weekend?”}

Um, now about tonight? *bonks her on the head*

{“Actually, I’d rather go tonight.” When Lois just turned to look at him, Clark gave her that brilliant smile, the one that made his eyes light up. “It’s not as if we have to buy plane tickets, Lois.”

“Huh?” Hazel eyes blinked at him in confusion, then Lois laughed at herself. “Oh. Right. That’s true.”}

LOL Yes you can go tonight and no it won’t cost you anything! There’s no excuse not to. Other than fear...

{That was how, an hour later, Lois found herself standing on the front porch of a Kansas farmhouse, her stomach churning with anxiety.}

Mine would be too. An hour?

{They hadn’t called ahead – dropping in unannounced was the norm for Clark’s visits home.}

Well if Clark had called then Martha would have known something was going wrong.

{He glanced at her as he raised his hand to the doorbell, and his expression softened. “C’mon, Lois, there’s nothing to be afraid of,” Clark said.}

Yeah right, there is! She’s never met this woman!

{And, on top of that, that she was going to have to face the most feared breed of creature in America, the mother-in-law, with almost no warning and wind-blown hair.}

*giggle*

{“No, but I’ll stand in front of you, if you want. I promise not to tell anyone Lois Lane actually hid behind her husband … from a sweet little silver-haired Midwestern lady.”}

*cracks up* Oh man, it was funny enough that she’d hide behind him…

{“I did get you a present, though,” Clark continued. With that he stepped aside, and Lois had no time to attempt another dodge. All she could do was glare at him, wide-eyed.}

I am enjoying her discomfort way too much…

{“Actually, Ma, it’s Lois Lane-Kent now.”}

Nice way to drop that bomb, Clark. *elbows him*

{This was never really a situation she had found herself in, meeting her significant others parents, let alone figuring out a mother-in-law. No wonder Lucy was always a basket case on holidays.}

lol No kidding.

{Although Mrs. Kent didn’t look half as scary as Mrs. Troupe sounded.}

Heh heh

{“Well, dear, my son looked up the Daily Planet archives all the way back to your very first published article, when you were still an intern…”

“Ma!” Clark yelped. “Don’t tell her that! You’re making me sound like some kind of creep.”}

*just dies*

{“She’s serious; if she wasn’t happy for us, believe me, we’d know. Besides, I know Ma – she’s just delighted to have a daughter-in-law and someone to share the secret with.”}

Hehe We all want someone to share a secret with.

{“I guess sometimes things just work out better than you ever expected them to,” she mused, then cut Clark a sharp glance. “Especially if a certain someone stops mentioning the damn hyphenated name.”}

lol You are the one who wants the distinction known!

This was so fun!