Reviews for Of the Species
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
Very nice beginning, twisted and dark. Harry's in for a very bumpy ride. I like the author's note; it promises some very exciting psychological turns in the future.

My only critique would be that, if I were Norman, I would have used the goblin gas on Harry first and then the spider bite. Afterall, the less variables there are, the more likely the results for Norman will be the same as Harry's, and Norman used the gas first and is now contemplating a spider bite. And I think that whatever enhancer gets used first establishes a sort of rewritten genetic code, and both new genetic codes will react differently than the other when faced with more alterations (after all, rewritten DNA will probably have different immunity systems). Am I explaining myself clearly? I'm no biologist, but I know a little bit about genetic information from my science classes (just enough for my reasoning to make sense to me XD).

Good first chapter! I can't wait to see what happens next.
Tuffts chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
I'd really like to see you continue this. I love anything Norman/Harry and dark-great job!
Emeralden Rapley chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
i like this one. it is like who will harry turn out to be. evil harry who is with norman if my assumption of what your going for is correct or if he will be good harry and get with peter again if im assuming what your going for is correct and you never know you might be able to make this a whole 3 part series making a AU for the other 2 as well if you play your card's right this has potential.
Yin7 chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
This sounds interesting.
TripleC Squared chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
I'm a little leery, but giving you the benfit of the doubt because you haven't led me wrong in the past. So I'm trusting you with this one. It looks to be an intresting start, is Harry actully going to change into a girl? *Has an odd image of Harry as Spidergirl in her head* Or is he simply going to take some of the more feminie aspects. Please please please don't turn this into Mpreg, whatever you do...it never works...ever...Well, here's hoping!
PrincessofTennis05 chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Hamilcar, you have done it again. This is a great premise to a story and i can't wait to see where you go with this. I like a little dark in my stories every now and again, because it makes it seem more realistic. You've also captured the character's personalities very well. I will be following this story as well as Octave.
firedraygon chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Oh ho, interesting concept! I'm looking forward to your scientific explanations for why Harry becomes more...feminine. Please do write more soon!

fd97