Reviews for Possible Worlds
Shelomit chapter 16 . 7/10/2013
I am somewhat absurdly reminded of the multitude of Anabaptist sects in the area where I grew up; you told them apart, to a certain extent, by the cut of their clothes, but mostly by the women's caps. I [not Anabaptist] habitually wore a scarf, and got many glances from Mennonites et. al. that terminated in a forlorn "Error: hat unreadable."

The idea of "commissioning" a hat in the first place-and the earnestness with which Gunray does it-is fetching, More interesting is the way he manages to make his headgear, while doubtlessly unobjectionable, into a subtle jab at those born above him. He acquiesces to the pageantry that characterizes the upper crust, while at the same time using the former to devalue the latter-a ploy fully worthy of a Neimoidian.
Shelomit chapter 9 . 7/10/2013
Interesting. One tends not to think of Maul as being terribly self-aware. I suppose the point is that he realizes self-awareness, in his case, is not much of a recommendation. Dooku must have been a fluke; Sidious obviously went in for un-subtle apprentices. This fic wins Maul a little more empathy than he has hitherto gotten from this reader.
Lionheart Rising chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
The chapter was already good, but the line "It's like drinking a bad day in liquid form" cinched it into the 'awesome' spot.

-Dryad
StarGirl chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Sweet. I like seeing a young Qui-Gon. Your wording is simple, direct, and engaging. Well done!
pronker chapter 18 . 7/19/2011
Very nice - the reader can almost feel his concentrated power, focused on the fire and then its ending.
lealila chapter 18 . 7/15/2011
Very beautiful, these are. Specially this one. The symbolism is rich, and it's bittersweet, almost. Anakin rids a future of slave traders, but also rids his past. I like that you included the rain. Nice job.
Ann Jinn chapter 18 . 7/15/2011
Beautiful symbolism. Also, Kitster is a good friend. He can point out the truth. Things need to be taken apart carefully or everything will collapse, good and innocent included. Well told.
skywalker05 chapter 18 . 7/14/2011
Niiiice. this is exactly the sort of thing that I needed: a Star Wars story that is not quite Star Wars, that is dusty and elemental but full of all the earthiness and, well, Anakin-being-mad-with-power-ness that drew me to Star Wars in the first place. I find it very plausible that Anakin would come back not -or not just - to free the slaves, but to destroy their masters. The boys pointing out places where they lived and potential they saw is a striking scene. And rain on Tatooine is as surreal as the rest of it. Nice.
Ann Jinn chapter 16 . 7/14/2010
A unique view of a character who is not viewed as a strong being. But he had not difficulty in making decisions. Kill the Jedi.
Anne Ominous chapter 16 . 7/9/2010
I loved the Kittster chapter, but this one is awesome too.

Hats!
skywalker05 chapter 16 . 7/9/2010
LOL! You really went into depth and detail about that hat-"divided on itself" made me snicker. I like how casual the phrase "born hatted" came out too. The worldbuilding certainly came off strong.
pronker chapter 15 . 3/19/2010
Aw, nice. Kitster knows what to do.
Ann Jinn chapter 15 . 3/19/2010
Such an interesting story. We hear how he has lost other races, but no details. Now we knew he did learn from those defeats, but having a friend makes such a difference.
Ann Jinn chapter 14 . 3/16/2010
So cute. Kids have such imaginations and not knowing about her parents just leaves to much room for an active imagination.

Even cuter knowing Han and Lando will come into her life. While not pirates exactly, scroundrels possibly.
Ann Jinn chapter 13 . 3/16/2010
It is the little things that you take for granted that you miss.

I was waiting for the morning bus and was just amazed at all the bird songs. They were chirping their little hearts out.

Snoring no, miss him, yes.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »