Reviews for Insomnia
HappinessTM chapter 40 . 9/22
It's been a while, eh?
ElixirSoup chapter 18 . 6/24
I have been reading this book for the last week and have absolutely loved it. The writing is amazing and I love the character's personalities and back stories. I am now halfway through and always make me sad to see that the last time this was updated was just over a year ago now. Please, if you have the time, finish this brilliant story you started. I don't care if it takes years, I just wanna finish reading it.
Probably a dog chapter 5 . 6/23
I'm all for creative license, but I honestly think that you lose a substantial part of the creepiness/unsettling nature of Majora's Mask by omitting the Happy Mask Salesman. He's probably one of my favorite characters in the whole game, and arguably one of the most pivotal to the game's tone; and that really is saying something, because what makes Majora's Mask truly unique among Zelda games is it's fleshed out characters and immersive world. And I just love how the Happy Mask Salesman introduces the theme of healing, and thus appears as a benevolent figure-all the while being shrouded in almost as much mystery as Majora's Mask itself. I mean he literally disappears at the end of the game with the mask to do who knows what. The player really has no reason to think that the mask is any safer with him than on the skull kid (why did he "go to great lengths" to acquire it in the first place again?), and I love that. All I'm saying is that the story honestly feels like it's missing a crucial part of the game's plot, cast, theme, and overall feel.
ElixirSoup chapter 16 . 6/22
o
Draegwyn chapter 39 . 6/8
So I read this as soon as I finished Majora's Mask, about 6 months ago, fell in love with it, and sat down patiently to wait for an update. And now, every time I see this fic, I'm reminded of how badly I need it to keep going. So please, please update soon! Just don't let it stop - you've put so much work into creating these amazing characters and vibe it would practically be a crime to give it up now.

The one thing I would say is that the sheer eeriness is slipping a little... Not that that's a huge issue but I loved the troubled, dark tone you managed at the beginning. Maybe it's because Link and Tatl's relationship is less fraught...? Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it. But still, the fact I'm nitpicking at all just shows how many times I've read this fic over... I hope you can keep it up.
Byeke chapter 40 . 5/24
I don't even remember the last time I binge read a fanfic. But that's what I did. I sat down and read this entire thing in one sitting; it is that good.
the way that you characterized link and tatl are unique. they're true to their personalities, but you added something different to each of them that make them seem realistic. don't get me started on the fantastic writting. you definitely have talent, and this fic proves it.
this fic is one of the best legend of zelda fics I've ever come across. I absolutely love it!
Em Cay chapter 13 . 3/25
My jaw just dropped like this is the best thig ive ever read! And thats only the first arc! Im going out of my mind at how good this fic is like! And i dont even know much of LOZ and i just fell in love w it. Like, this is so amazing, wow, just wow.
iniminimagimo chapter 40 . 3/24
Well... I just read 7 years of fanfiction in three days! (See what I did here? 7 years, three days... Anyway!)

From the date of the latest update, I assume the next chapter won't be up soon. But last week, "Paradise calling" was updated after a 3 years hiatus, so I hope to see another chapter from you in the future! Doesn't matter when!

This story is great, well written and I love the multi Link time travel concept. I hope Link will get to see himself playing Johnny B. Goode!

A little criticism before I go, while the first cycle, and definitely the first interlude, had a dark atmosphere like you said it would in your author's notes, I can't help but feel like the mood became too light lately. Maybe I grew accustomed to the atmosphere, but I don't get the chills I did reading your first interlude.

Anyway that just a little observation that didn't stop me from reading and loving all of it. Hope you do update soon!

Thank you!

P.S.: Honest question, if you could answer I would greatly appreciate. Do you plan on finishing this story?
I love this story! I hope you dont plan to abandon it... Please continue!
Ilias's Follower chapter 17 . 1/10
God, I never thought about it like that... Think of the Original timeline (OoT) where Link never went to Termina. Moon falls, business is destroyed. So the twins are potionmakers without capital and more knowledge than they likely should have, move into (Neighboring?) Hyrule and discover a lord looking into darker arts n his previous ventures. Boom, Ganondorf has two new advisors he can later change into his guardians.

I wonder how many others in Future Link's story came from the destroyed Termina...
Gerudo Desert chapter 40 . 1/4
I really love this story, especially your characterization of Link and Tatl. Keep up the great work!
Catoust chapter 40 . 1/1
-raises stick-

Operation: Morbid Curiosity is a go?
Fira Alendance chapter 40 . 12/20/2015
I've read this wonderful retelling and I want to tell you that it is a gorgeous piece of writing. In fact, your writing style is very developed and you have apparently thought this out extremely well. I'm not the only one, I think, that believes that it would be a crime and a shame if you left this unfinished - so please, please find a way to continue. Thank you so much for your enlightening insight into this beautiful story, and I truly look forward to seeing more of the truth you see in this story. Because writing is about finding truth - your own truth - and sharing these thoughts with the world. Please keep up the good work, even if you may have stopped a long time ago, and I am rooting for you. Good luck.
Fira Alendance
SupremeEntity11 chapter 40 . 12/19/2015
Hey. Hey you. Make another chapter. And PLEASE, let Link tell Tatl that he's already saved the world once! That will show her...
FireStar Granivolus chapter 40 . 12/16/2015
TikiTikiRevenge:
This is a very interesting story, but I decided to make a review to make a recommendation. Maybe, in the next cycle, Link and tatl start to black Out from lack of sleep. at the end of the cycle, they manage to find and buy the all night mask, thus allowing them to not black out. this makes sense as the All night mask was meant to be a torture device over insomnia and such.
straight from Zelda wiki:
"According to a Gossip Stone, the mask was originally used as a torture device of insomnia."

is this a very good idea?
1,037 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »