Reviews for Insomnia
icicle.c.cold chapter 40 . 11/7
Aw...There aren't any more chapters? Sadness. I hope you go back to writing this story! I like it, a LOT! You have a great style and really capture the Link and Tatl relationship well. I look forward to seeing another chapter in the future.
Tidders chapter 40 . 11/6
I really do hope you'll come back to this and update it.
icicle.c.cold chapter 5 . 11/3
The food dye incident? Ah, so THAT'S why she has orange hair instead of the standard pink hair. Makes sense. :P Magic food dye.
Lady Akhisane chapter 40 . 7/23
So sorry for not logging in I can't remember my stupidly difficult password that I haven't used for over a year DX But know that that this story has been in my markers for over six years now and still amazes me how many reads I've given it over and over. I had forgotten a little about it cause I havent paid much attention to FF the last few years. Gladly there was this fantastic chapter that I had yet to read, and boy did I laughed out loud! (at midnight, when my family is sound asleep) Know that the waits feel like nothing when the next chapter is up. And even if we never get an ending, it's still a memorable and totally worthy novel. We know how the story goes anyway. And Tatl FTW!
Molgera chapter 1 . 7/21
I've had so many people recommend this to me, but I see it hasn't been updated in years. I usually never get into an abandoned story but I've heard so many good things about this I'm going to give this a shot!
Thsi is beautiful
I hope you decide to update soon
I love this fan fic so much! It's the best novelization I've ever read, and I love the interesting take on time travel. It's also great that you're not scared to deviate from the original game! I hope that the next chapter comes out soon!
Halp me chapter 40 . 2/12
Nuuuuuuuuu, I can see that this hasn't been updated for like 2 years or something, please PLEASE continue soon! I reAlly love this fic, it's very well written, the characters are great, and it's just executed really well. I very much want to read more, so hopefully this hasn't been abandoned. Please continue :''(
UnluckyAmulet chapter 40 . 2/7
So, I finally have finished the story (for now) and it's time for me to review!

Firstly, let me tell you how AMAZING this is! Though I'm nowhere near as familiar with Majora's Mask as I am with Ocarina of Time, the story still manages to wrap me up and keep me interested even with the time cycles, the in-game confusion from both the characters and the shattered scenery left by Skull Kid's rampage. The relationship between Link and Tatl is becoming very interesting, especially how their uneasy alliance has definitely shifted from a kind of reluctant co-existence to being friends, even if they might deny it. It's funny that Link compares Tatl so much to Navi, yet I don't think this story would be half as entertaining with Navi giving us "Hey! Listen!" all the time. I'll take Tatl's snark over that any day. The little scenes between the side-characters are lovely too, my favourite probably being the scene with the Dekus and the monkeys getting together once the Deku Princess returned...you really have a great way of expanding the characters we only briefly see whilst still managing to keep it plausible and engaging. Though I can't pick out a particular example, as I've marathoned through the story and found so many, I love the descriptions that we see, they come alive very well, such as Link's pain when he removes or puts on a mask. I love the way you weave in the 'theme' of each cycle into both the characters and the overall mood of the story, with paranoia for the Deku and hysteria for the Gorons. (I wonder what the Zora cycle will be? Melancholia, maybe? Funny, but this reminds me of that theory that Majora's Mask and it's five locations represent the stages of grief. It that's on purpose, I'm doubly impressed!)

One thing that admittedly does bother me a lot is that the Happy Mask Man was cut out of the story...he's such an iconic part of the game and it just seems really weird not to have him in it? I mean, I do like that you expanded the Great Fairy's role and talked a bit more about what Tatl and Tael did before they met Skull Kid, it's always fascinating to look into these snippets of life pre-Moon falling, but I still don't understand why HMM was cut. Also, I found it very distracting when Link and Tatl just left the Woodfall Temple midway through because they...needed arrows. Then they wasted time mucking around in Romani Ranch. I know such a thing is plausible in-game, but I was so excited to see Link confront the boss that for him to just leave the temple for kind of a superfluous reason was rather frustrating, especially since I found the scene with Cremia and Tingle kinda...unengaging. (I never liked Cremia and Romani much, or Tingle.) Having said that, I think it was handled a lot better in the Goron Village when Link and Tatl went back to get bombs, because they didn't just leave in the middle of an important part of the story. (Of course if we were going by game mechanics, it'd be impossible for them to get through Snowhead in one day.) Also I'm curious, will you bring up the other fairies that live in Termina? We didn't see Link encounter any stray fairies in Woodfall so I'm going to assume they won't show up.

I find it interesting to see Link slowly give Tatl bits and pieces about his days in Hyrule...it's also interesting that he talks about Navi far more than anyone else, even Princess Zelda. I know he travelled with Navi the longest out of everyone and the game says he ended up in Termina because he was looking for her, but I wonder if he chooses not to think much about Zelda, Saria and his other friends because it's too painful. (That might be my undying Zelink shipper speaking, though.) I say this because I noticed Link is beginning to refer to his friends more in these later chapters as his bond with Tatl grows, which I suppose ties in with Link's character that he keeps what troubles him at bay because the weight of the world is always on his shoulders.

I know that a lot of things get in the way of writing fanfiction, and this story has been going on since 2008, so I very much hope that it will continue when you're ready to write more.

Keep up the good work!
~Amulet
LavenderLoveLife chapter 1 . 2/4
I found this fic way back when cycle 1 was just starting and I always come back to this fic everytime I replay majoras mask. I am always floored with what a good adaption you've put together!
alexicon419 chapter 40 . 1/8
What an amazing fic! Seriously one of the best novelizations and one of the hardest ones to do coherently, what with the time travel and all. Love the characterizations of Link and Tatl and the slow drip drip of Link talking/thinking about events of OoT. I like the handling of the dungeons-some detail and battles but not too much nitty-gritty things.

Seems this might be a dead fic, but I hope not! Life can get very busy, but know that you definitely have fans, old and new, waiting to see what happens next. Good luck!
Incoqnito chapter 13 . 12/4/2016
Three things that really annoy me. Not including the Mask Salesman is one, is he good, evil or just random guy? Who knows but he's interesting and him giving the exposition on MM casts a bit of doubt on it instead of the great fairy immediately telling it's a super duper evil artifact of doom.

Link's inner kokiri voice is a cheap way of telling rather than showing that our hero has doubts or is scared but continues to go on.

And for all your hate on the Zelda song of time flashback your way is hardly any less cliche. Him using every song he know, including one that might actually fast forward time, except for the one that works until Tatl mentions time and all the while the Skullkid is counting down, hell it might be even more cliche.

But despite those flaws I'm enjoying it so far.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 40 . 10/27/2016
Wow. This was simply amazing! This was a great retelling of Majora's Mask and I loved how you added little details, developing Link and Tatl's relationship, as well as the horrors Link had to endure from the Ocarina of Time. I do hope you get a chance to continue this.
HappinessTM chapter 40 . 9/22/2016
It's been a while, eh?
ElixirSoup chapter 18 . 6/24/2016
I have been reading this book for the last week and have absolutely loved it. The writing is amazing and I love the character's personalities and back stories. I am now halfway through and always make me sad to see that the last time this was updated was just over a year ago now. Please, if you have the time, finish this brilliant story you started. I don't care if it takes years, I just wanna finish reading it.
1,050 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »