Reviews for Sake Anybody?
Toushirou-chan chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Awesome story! Though I still can't get it in my head that Shunsui is supposed to have died...

The things Juu hated about the funeral... I go along with them all- I also think that Shun wouldn't like all the white and black and those fake tears...
Iczhihal chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
That was different. But really good.

And sad, but it had humor in it at the end too. I liked Ukitake's point of view on it, (and honestly, I can't stand how people are so sad at wakes. Funerals, yes. Wakes? No! That's when you're supposed to say "Dammit, why'd ya have to die now? I still had to..." ...and then there's afterwards where everyone who can downs alcohol. Er... At least that's how it is at the wakes I've been to... But then again my family on mom's side isnt normal... XD

But I really liked the story. It was a change from what I've been reading. :)

But Kurotsuchi in a purple suit? Lololololol

Tuliharja chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I've always been somewhat upset/sad about the fact, so many people write Kyoraku's death such a dark/angsty happening even it should be bright event. Beside, I think you fully grasped the idea of Japanese funeral. The fact, it isn't that gloomy and sad happening, but more like commemoration. This really made me smile and laugh -Juushiro was just perfect, since who ells would had known Shunsui better than him? The points which he made showed really well his brightness and the fact, how well he knew Shunsui. I'm happy the end turned the way did. Juushiro cracking up and everybody finally joining him. Not to mention I was surprised how Nanao-chan acted, yet it made me smile.

Heh, indeed, they only needed sake.
Vegx chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
i most say this story is beatiful!1

i totally love it and more becuz it reminds me of a experince i have myself

it made me feel warm realy

i love it
Courgette chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
I adore this.

It's deeply sad, but it's also very funny and well written. I do agree with whoever said that it doesn't seem to be very fitting with his personality, but I also think that Jyuushiro actually would react like this to Shunsui's death.

It's very touching, too :)
kerumica chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
Wow, what an awesome story. I loved how those who knew Shunsui were dressed 'appropriately'. I don't think he would have like a funeral either. A celebration with lots of sake, yes. A funeral? No.
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
A little too...maybe not vulgar...I don't know...something about it doesn't jive with my own personal opinion of the millenia old Ukitake, but nonetheless, I thought this was excellent.
Psycho-Neurotically Disturbed chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
Man, did I love this story. It's so fun seeing Ukitake's way of making things better. I love how he isn't really sad Shunsui's dead, but at the same time he is. But he's old and understand death a lot better than most people, probably. Ah, Nanao and Matsumoto...and even little Toshiro had me way too amused for my own good. I also love how Byakuya was one of the few who wasn't wearing black. That comes as something of a surprise, but you know, I love your stories no matter the outcome.

RefurAG chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
aww...this made me smile very sweet.
Kuronoko Tsubame chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
That was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I had to stop myself from laughing with Jyuushiro, as it would have been very inappropriate, reading this in the computer commons. I still think I had a few people staring at me... lol

I absolutely loved this story, it was...just brilliant!

Though...and perhaps I just missed it, I couldn't seem to locate exactly what Jyuushiro was wearing. I'll reread it again, anyway.

Wonderful ending. It was perfect to have Nanao come in the end, dressed in pink and bearing sake, no less. Just brilliant. Thank you for another wonderful read! I don't think I'll ever read a better story of it's kind.

Okane-Tsuki chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
love it, i love the way you described the people looking at him. HAHA Ill take some sake!
DelMarch chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
The swearing seems to me to be OOC for Ukitake, even when he's grieving/angry, but otherwise this seems spot on to me. And as usual, so incredibly well-written!

Reminds me of a discussion I had once on an internet forum. Turned out quite a few people, including me, wanted their own funeral to be a HAPPY event, where our friends and family would happily celebrate our life and reminisce about the good times they had with us. And many people did want everyone to get completely, utterly drunk :P !
WinterVines chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
I'm sad about what it's about, but it's really well written. I agree with Ukitake completely. He would be laughing. Nanao is the kicker though. That was too good. Thanks for the great read! -KG
KousukeAsazuki chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
XD, Juushirou laughing his ass off... that is too ridiculous of a sight for me to even imagine, but I bet it's a funny one. Matsumoto, always with her sake XD.