Reviews for Fire and Ice
Anjelicious chapter 32 . 12/30/2012
Story is absolutely amazing. Vrey refreshing to see Frank in this light.
Gear's Girl chapter 32 . 6/26/2011
Masterfully written!
Lusy611 chapter 32 . 1/4/2010
I loved the story very much, however I did fail to see why this was in the "Frank Hardy rocks" section of FanFiction. I think it was more about Joe than Frank. Still, I love the story and the ending was wonderful! I hope that you make more stories like this one! Maybe though, Frank could get a break from seaming like a jerk to Callie! ;)
Lusy611 chapter 26 . 1/2/2010
I LOVE this chapter! I think that this is the best chapter in all of this story! I hope that everyone will read this story and I hope they will like it as much as me! Oh... but be warned all those who read this! (I know this sounds really trashy but... oh well!) This story has sexual involvments!
Lusy611 chapter 7 . 12/31/2009
I hate it when people asume things and get everything wrong! It's so annoying... but the story's great so far! Although I'm not to happy about the girls being... raped. ;)
epalladino chapter 32 . 12/7/2008
This was really a perfect story. All of the cliffhangers, all of the red herrings, all of the two brothers and their lady loves. Thanks for a fascinating read, Beth Palladino
niver chapter 32 . 8/21/2008
That was a really amazing story. Everything was pulled together beautifully.
danrac1066 chapter 32 . 7/29/2008
I must say I've had the most delightful time reading this the last 2 days. Through circumstances I won't bore you with I had the time to read this in 2 afternoons and it's a jewel. I write fanfic but not in this fandom, and I know I always wonder about the lurkers who read without reviewing and hated to think of myself as one of them. On the other hand, I can barely review this fairly in one paragraph, so I'll hit the high points for me. Frank's transition out of the Frank I remember from a lot happily spent nights sneaking a read with a flashlight as a teenager into a less perfect but inherently more rounded and lovable character is wonderful. And for making me genuinely like Callie you deserve a medal. I often feel stories with the boys older are out of character, but I don't get that sense at all here. And yes, as that implies, I've been doing rather a lot of lurking in the Hardy world recently, here and at HDA. Thank you for a lovely read, top notch.
ilsablaine chapter 32 . 7/28/2008
What a beautiful conclusion to a fantastic story! Throughout the story I have enjoyed the symbolism with 'Fire and Ice' and Frost's poem ties it all together perfectly. I love the change in Frank; I see it as a very realistic epiphany for him. Joe's realization his 'perfect' brother is not so, but his acceptance of it all is right on target.

Thanks for the review mentions; hopefully I can be more consistent when I get my computer troubles sorted out. I have enjoyed the ride and look forward to more submissions from you. Thanks for sharing!
LazyPanther chapter 32 . 7/25/2008
Wow! Congrats on this fantastic story, Cheryl! All of the stories I've read by you have been awesome, but this one is by far my favorite! I'm so sad that it's over. :(

I don't even know where to start on this review. There's just too much to comment on. I love your portrayal of the characters (Frank, Callie, Nancy and Fenton, especially). Vanessa is a little different than I pictured her, but you've really made her your own, and that's pretty cool.

Frank's confession to Joe about not being "perfect" after all... wow. I always thought it was interesting that Frank is usual labeled as being "perfect". Whether that comes from canon or fanon, I'm not really sure. Anyway, it's interesting to see his take on that view.

I loved how Joe was willing to take the fall for his brother. And how Frank wouldn't let him. Of course, there wasn't really anything to take the fall for (thank goodness!) but Joe didn't know that at the time. It's nice to see Joe taking care of Frank for a change. I hate the idea some people have that Frank never needs support or help like Joe does, just because he's the older brother. Nobody is exempt from needing help now and then.

The wedding was beautiful! Loved the poem, and Frank's subtle message to Joe by means of it. And I loved that Joe proposed to Vanessa on Frank and Callie's wedding night! How sweet! And it was really awesome of Callie to have Nancy invited. I hope they can be friends someday, too. I think they are both great girls, but in this case, I'm glad Frank stuck with Callie. Why wouldn't he? She's perfect for him. Oh! And I'm really glad Joe has finally found peace with Iola. That was very touching, the scene in the hospital between Callie and Joe.

I enjoyed this story very, very much. My only regret is that I didn't make the time to review it more often. :) Again, congrats!
Fandemonium chapter 32 . 7/25/2008
That was fantastic! At first I was thinking..."What! Frank's going to prison?" And I argued with myself about the ethical implications if the cheif and everyone let him off scot free. As much as I would want that to happen, I think that if that route had been explored he would certainly have to go through the motions of a trial (the very least) to keep up the high Hardy morals. But if you had pursued that venue then it would have spun off in a sequel...which I'm all up for, 'cause you do good work! :)

Anyways...Love, Love, LOVED your story! It was amazing, well written, compelling and everything nice.

I look forward to reading more of your work in the future!
HelenLouise chapter 32 . 7/24/2008
Applause! Applause! Applause!

Congratulations, Cheryl, on the completion of this magnificent story!

It was perfect from start to finish and that last chapter moved me to tears.

I honestly can't praise this highly enough - and I thank you sincerely for keeping at it, in spite of certain idiotic individuals.

Seriously, the relationships were so deep, the characters so well understood. The plot was gripping with twists and turns galore! What more can a person ask for?

I'll be looking forward to your next venture.

Really, really GREAT JOB!

Helen
dr drew chapter 32 . 7/23/2008
what an absoleutely beautiful story.i loved every minute of was truly an amazing piece of work you should feel so proud of last chapter was so real,from the shopping for the dress to all the insights of the characters at the wedding.i loved that it was new year.i loved traditinal vows,the talk between callie and nancy very nicely is amazing she is just so right for proposal was so you so much for sharing this lovely story with us and thanks to all of those persons that encouraged you to write this.i read your other stories and i love d again dr drew
josie hardy chapter 32 . 7/23/2008
aw... I don't know if I'm upset because of the chapter (not that it was sad, just a tear jerker :p), or because it's over.

Over. Complete. All gone. How could you! :p

You already know I think this has been a great story. Nice work! :D
ReneyC chapter 32 . 7/23/2008
Wow! What an ending! Perfect and so was the Poem!

How romantic! My brother also announced his engagement at my wedding, and I couldnt be happier when he did, there is something special about sharing that with your sibling... and it was incredibly romantic too.

I am very much looking forward to your next story!