Reviews for The Immigrant Problem
OriginalLictre chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
The Negasphere wasn't a black hole, but a mass of anti-matter, of whatever scale it was constructed to. In the later novels, planetary mass nega-spheres were being pitched around.

Rather than what is currently accepted as the predicted interaction of anti-matter and normal matter, which is explosive in the extreme, in addition to highly radioactive and radiative, Smith's negative matter released its energy entirely as hard radiation, essentially ignoring what happens when matter absorbs massive amounts of radiation (it gets HOT!).
CynthiaW chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Very cool! I loved the far too easy destruction of the Cylons, who would definitely be no match for Earth in that timeline. Kim's phrase "Hot, fast, and stupid" was beautiful! I think the Fleet is in for a big surprise when they get to Earth. I think Commander Adama will be very surprised to find himself under suspicion for drug use on arrival. They don't even know him yet, and they already suspect him of illegal drug activity.

This is the only story I can find doing anything with the

'Lensman Series'. I have one in mind, myself. It won't be written for a few months yet, but I can't get it off my mind. I plan to crossover with Star Wars. Maybe we can get the site to add 'The Lensman Series' to the list of books available for fanfiction.

Well, great story. It was short and sweet, but it really isn't made for more. Technological superiority means very little in the way of real interaction between adversaries, here.

Cynthia
ShadowCub chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
EXCELLENT!
Anansii chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Snerk... Yeah, that oughta solve the whole problem...
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Oops. To bad. No, really, I'm serious. Does this look like the face of a lier to you? What, no, I'm... Crying because I'm so sad about the poor So- Cylons, I mean. No, honestly, I am. Why won't you believe me?
RLS83843 chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
I was thinking more of a Family d'Alembert story after the high Gravers destroy the Computer or a crossover with Steven Ames Berry's Biofab series. The Cylons would be toasted toasters in short order.
Unitarian Jihadist chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
hahahahahahaha!

I was reading another fanfic from imjustaguy about the Cylons encountering a superior civilization (I was reading through my favorite authors list to see what you guys were up to, I was not familiar with the crossover). I thought then that the ultimate fanfic of that sort would be the Cylons meet E.E. Doc Smith's absurdly powerful and competent Lensmen (but that such a fanfic would be very short).

Then I come here, and see this.

Nailed it.
Starclipper01 chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Nice to bring back one of the golden age SF icons into one of today's sci fi classics (or will be soon).
Allen Pitt chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
yep, that's about how long it would last...though I suspect the cylons (6 & the like) would infiltrate, and in about 10 minutes realize what they were up against and send horrified messages calling off the original attack fleet.

* the Lensmen would also be horrified at a woman leader ... ok, Doc said later if he had it to write over again, he'd have had female Lensmen etc, scratch that then...

Might get interesting if the Cylons ran into Boskone and joined up with that...

Kudos for a Doc Smith crossover though, don't see many of those...