Reviews for Just as Breakable
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 1 . 4/17
Very sweet. :)
yaba chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
At home, he was a different person, but this wasn't home. This was work, and Calleigh was surprised to hear her Tim mixing with CSI Tim.

i loved that line. the difference btwn her speed and work speed was just a great distinction to make. I loved how descriptive you were, not giving away too much but showing the reader each character's inner thoughts and fears. incredible one shot :)
Inspire-Smiles chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I really enjoyed this story. It was BEAUTIFULLY written and Tim/Calleigh love is always nice.
Sango A.R chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
this was a great fic, i wished speed was still alive for this episode, in fact i wish he was still on the show.

anyways you should do one about ambush and all in.
kirallie chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Wonderful.
caligurl93 chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
aw i wish that happened for real then tim dieing i hated that episode good story though update more soon!
Aphina chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
this story. Cal and Speed are a fab pairing and it's heart wrenching to read the depth of their feelings for each other. I really enjoyed this.
bookworm45 chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
Lovely story. Great job on it!
somethingsdont chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
This was excellent! I don't care what you think of it, but I loved every moment of it. Very real emotions, especially Calleigh's tension and Tim's worry. I especially loved the part where Calleigh realizes how much Tim means to her and vice versa.

I really like your take on what Speed would've done after Hagen's death if he were still alive; it was unique and you always handle your stuff so superbly. 10-7 has got to be one of my favorite eps in terms of Calleigh's development on the show, and I like how you took a situation that's virtually impossible on the show and made it so believable.

Whether or not you intend on continuing this series, I'm looking forward to more of your writing. Keep up the excellent work! :)
forgotten favorite chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
That was really cute! I absolutely adored it! Keep writing!
randomwriting chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Nicely done. Your writing is always of the highest caliber, and this story is no exception. It is always a pleasure to read Sped/Cal, especially when written as tenderly as this one was. I like your take on the ep, putting the focus on what happened *before* Hagen made a (literal) mess of things in the Ballistics lab (and also, keeping Tim alive is a big plus).

Loved the Tim/Eric interaction (even if it wasn't light banter). I miss their friendship and the way they played off each other. I liked Tim finding out what happened through Eric rather than Calleigh.

Thought you did a very nice job of getting into Calleigh's head and giving us a sense of what she went through and how she tried (in typical Calleigh fashion) to process the situation and come to terms with it while maintaining the utmost control in the process. Just loved how you wrote Calleigh's recollection of the scene, especially this line, which was exactly how I remembered the scene and her almost eerily calm reaction - "The only indication that she knew she was in imminent danger was in the way she slowly closed her emerald eyes, bracing herself for the end."

And lastly, you've written a tender and believable relationship between these two. Neither excels at acknowledging or acting on their feelings, but together they've developed the trust necessary to develop a mutually satisfying relationship. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Tim would have such a good read on Calleigh. I can easily imagine him quietly studying her from afar and remembering every single detail, never imagining she'd ever return his feelings. Just loved this line, "But as he held Calleigh – his Calleigh, who, underneath her impenetrable façade was just as breakable as he – in his arms, Tim knew that he couldn't let her go, not by careless mistake, and never by choice." Aw.
Adorelo chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Finally. I've done this about three times now.

I loved it. :). I was surprised to open my link and find SC... I was thinking JC or (dare I say it) an EC fic. You're a constant surprise.

Nice change, though. I've read so many EC versions of this episode but I'm not sure I've read a Speed/Calleigh one. I like it. Nice change. I can honestly say I'd read anything from you, regardless of pairing, simply because the effort and care you put into every paragraph is blatantly obvious. I like it when an author cares about her work.

Hope you write more soon.
calleighsthebest chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
This was so sweet, and it's really interesting to see someone focus on calleigh having the gun held to her head as with that episode it's usually the fact that Hagen killed himself that most fics are based on. Can't wait for more of these fics!
speedfanatic05 chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
This was a truly exsquiste piece. I was profoundly excited when I saw that it was S/C- I haven't read one of those in forever! As soon as I started in on it, a smile formed, I knew that I was going to love it.

And loved it , I did. I couldn't stop until I was finished, each emotion, each gesture,even each thought was projected in such a way, that the reader had no choice but to get involved.

Staying within the perameters of the characters was excellent as well, but I also loved how you let us see a little bit more of what is usually seen( as in Tim's case, any emotion outside of sarcastic). I truly miss people writing Tim, because so many of us got him, his quirks, his voice...It was just fantastic to read it again.

There were so many parts that stood out to me, but one in particular was when he was massaging her troubles away. That one moment was the seller for me, the slightest touch that is usually taboo in the lab, allowed, just for the sake of comforting her when she needed it. I walk away from this with a new love for S/C, and a new perspective. Truly a work of art!

Excellent work, and thanks for sending out a rare S/C piece...It made my day!