Reviews for Rise and Fall
CornishGirl chapter 1 . 7/19
Oh, this made me cry! It's wonderful, bittersweet, poignant, and sad, but it is marvelous that Sam and Dean are back together again.
SkyHighFan chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Nice, I really like it. You could easily make it more with a story about Young Dean's adventures as a Hunter. I can easily imagine Dean sneaking out of a Nursing Home with a wheelchair and a gun. Would've LOVED to have seen THAT on the show. Would've been funny.
inebriated chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Shoot... You shoulda put a warning note: tear jerking, might need tissue... Now I wonder if you're related to Kripke in some way...
DeengoBlue chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Very cool.
Thriving Willow chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Jeeze, it HURT reading this.
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
*Is dry-mouthed with awe*

I...thank you. No words suffice for how happy, thrilled, scared, awed and contented this fic has made me. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
This is a wonderful, heart-warming story. I can't imagine that anyone was able to read it without at least a tear in their eye.

You are a fabulous storyteller and all of your characters seem very real - especially an old, wheelchair bound Dean. He still has spunk, and his love of family, desire to protect, them hasn't changed. It just took another form in the end.

Thanks for sharing this with us. It is a treasure worth keeping. Until next time...
Ali44 chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
WOW! that was...can't find an adequate aka awesome enough word to describe this.

What a beautifully crafted and well written story. Fantastic original characters, and even more fantastic and true was your portrayal of Sam and Dean - at all ages. Amazingly perfect ending, well if you don't count all the tears splattered on my keyboard that is.
reading chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
That was wonderful! Loved the story you created for Dean and his family and Sam. Great connection with the angels. So enjoyed it.
dnachemlia chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Wonderful. Sam and Dean together forever, as they should be.
Deanish chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
This was very god. I'm usually not that interested in "generations into the future, Sam and Dean's descendents learn the truth about their ancestors" sort of stories, but this was good. I've yet to read anything you wrote that wasn't.
heraldtaliar chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Oh man. That story literally had me crying. I loved how you weaved in "Pa's" conversations with Sam. I also love the idea of Dean actually being able to grow old surrounded by a loving family, and your tempering it with sadness about Sam and his son-in-law and the fact that now his great-grandson is going to be following in their footsteps made it more realistic than a simple happy ending and wonderfully bittersweet. Well done! I found myself wanting more.
hikinggirl70 chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
That was a terrific story. I don't normally like reading futuristic stories but I made an exception and I was glad I did. I loved how little Dean acted like a little hunter and even though he was scared and wanted his parents to help him, he finally overcame his fears and pulled the trigger. Having the same demon show up in the same fashion was brilliant and I am glad this time he had a little help from the other side. And the best part was having spirit Dean and Sam standing around the Impala protecting the Winchester clan.
ToxicLullaby chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
You know, I've got to admit that I was pretty skeptical while starting this one. I've never read a future fic and it just seemed wrong. I even clicked out of it! But then a little nagging voice inside my head told me to just give it a chance and read it. And I've got to tell you, I'm so glad I did. Seriously, I have tears running down my face as I type this. That has got to be if not the most then one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. Just everything about it was so perfect. I love how you blended old genereations with the new. How Sam's spirit stayed with Dean as he grew old, and then Dean went with him to help with the demon. But the part that really got me the most was with Samantha on the porch and seeing Dean and Sam with the Impala, ready and willing to watch out for the newest generation of hunters. Goddamn, girl! If I were half as good a writer as you I would die a happy woman! haha. The only thing I didn't like...well, it wasn't that I didn't like it but I was sort of confused at first was how you named the kids Dean and Sam. It was a little confusing, but that's all I can think of, everything else was absolutely perfect! Wow, okay sorry for the novel.
bally2cute chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Oh my...I don't know what to say. I can't say that I've ever been in to future type stories, with families and some of the familiar characters no longer of this world. This was a piece of great storytelling. I could go on and on about specific details, but I won't. I just want to say that this story spanned generations in such few words, without felling like some backstory or side story was missing or incomplete. Oh, the original sad. That parting scene was just...Wonderful story, I really enjoyed it, and I thank you for sharing.