Reviews for Footprints in the Sand
Cheile chapter 1 . 6/28
Hiya! I'm here reviewing you both for the Reviewathon over at Caesar's Palace forum. Come drop by CP sometime, all fandoms welcome!

Bree is one of my favorite animal Narnians and I really loved this look into his head during the struggle of the Desert crossing. You capture his voice quite well, his weariness as he fights to keep on going—both for himself and for Shasta. I like how he knows he cannot give up even though he desperately longs to and how he scolds himself for not drinking enough water. And how, at the end, just as he's giving up, he hears Aslan's voice in his mind (and heart)—and the promise of water becomes reality.

The double take at the end when he sees the pawprints in the desert end is a fun little touch that tells even those who are not familiar with Narnia canon that the story has not quite ended.

Wonderfully written!
Aslan's Lamb chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
I love your portrayal of Bree. The insight into his character, the way he's not as cocky as he seems in the book. This line, "Because I can't stop; I'm the leader here, they're all depending on me," just shows how the burden of leadership can be so heavy at times...And then the Lion comes and brings hope.
Queen Su chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Well done!

Queen Susan the Gentle, Cair Paravel, Narnia

*Aslan's Blood Never Fails Me*
Swanwhite2 chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
This is great Val! That's just like Bree :) The last part is so good. It's like the poem footprints.
MerrytheHobbit chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Wow! Awesome! Amazing story!
KCS chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
Oh, wonderful! Very vivid - I could see it all so clearly.
fledge chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
Kind of a prequel to How Bree Became a Wiser Horse. Very beautifully written; the "My Son" part is an amazing idea indeed, especially when the paw prints are mentioned. Fantastic description of all the impressions throughout their journey.
figlia del Dio chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
Oh, I love the last line. And it seems that I share your same enthusiasms as well :) Inspiring.
albert12 chapter 1 . 5/13/2008

The ending reminds me of the poem "Footprints in the Sand".
floppyearsthebunny chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Brilliant Val! I love the last two lines. There splendid!
Monkey chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
That was REALLY good. Expertly written, too. Im sure Petraverd would love this, Val. :) I need to read more of your fictions, I really do. Keep writing!

And Happy birthday to the Petra-fied uni if he reads this!