Reviews for Persephone
L for Love chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
This is sweet and simple. I like your comparison.
flybynight00 chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Oh, that last review was me, just to let you know. Didn't realize I wasn't signed in.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
I love Kara/Leoben, and I love this. You touch on what I have always thought his real motive for locking her up was - keeping her alive. She would have been one of the first people to get arrested or shot. I also don't think he ever physically harmed her, and there is a lot of fic out there that does. Thanks for writing!
Munchlette Belle chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Love this! The Hades/Persephone myth works so well for these two and I like the idea that they are drawn to each other no matter what. Such a beautiful story!
Serenechemnerd chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
I always thought of Persephone after I saw season 3. I even accidently made it part of my story (I didn't realize it until I was 9 chapters in). I like your adaptiation and understand of their story.
Spot991 chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
Oh wow. That was... amazing.

The melding of Greek myth and these characters is so in harmony with this show. And Kara as Persephone- amazing. Now you've said it, I can't help but wonder if that is the role she is being written in the show. She went away for 3 months, she nearly ate the seeds...

Just, wow. The first and last segments particularly. You lost me a little in the middle- I'm not sure it was necessary. But the first and last segments, every word was just perfect. Thank you.
aikakone chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Excellent. My favorite lines are the following:

She was a coyote in a leg-hold trap trying to gnaw her leg off.

But maybe he did get it.

Because then he brought Kacey and she stopped her vicious snapping.

And she would not forgive him this.

Because she almost swallowed the seeds.

Wish I could give you more concrete response other than I liked it and just babble on and on about how wonderful this is with more specific examples as to why. Oh, I do like it, and you are worthy. I'm just feeling like I'm not holding up my end of the bargain as a reviewer. Please forgive me that and know I like this pair and how you write it.
riane chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Lovely piece of work! I love your style of writing. Very crisp and it captures their conflicted relationship so well.

“Kara,” he says, and this also sounds new.

She doesn't want him to say her name. Like Persephone it is best to refer to her in euphemisms.

“Damn it, Leoben,” she mutters and holds his hand.

LOVE this!
SKara chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
This is really well done. I love how you have captured Kara's conflicted feelings toward him. The myth of Persephone is really inspired...
rose griffes chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Oh, this is excellent. I LOVE fics that use the Persephone tale with Kara and Leoben-it resonates so well with those two-and you did a lovely job tying it all together.