Reviews for The Keys of the Realm
MuggleCreator chapter 7 . 2/1/2014
Nice stuff.
Glory Bee chapter 7 . 1/26/2012
Very touching and deeply moving account of Lord Hurin's role in preparing for Aragorn's coronation. I was also glad to see his wife and daughters in this story as I had just discovered Lynnesse in another of your tales and very much wanted to know what happened to her and Hurin. :)
Almecestris chapter 7 . 12/26/2011
I'm sorry for not reviewing sooner - I've already read three of your LoTR fics - but I just had to click next chapter and keep on reading. Your stories, told from the perspectives of different OCs really paint a complete and thorough picture of Tolkien's world not to mention his characters' past and present states. Their plot and characterization are very very very VERY well-written. Thank you so much for sharing these stories with all of us, and I hope you continue doing so because this fandom really needs QUALITY fics among the sea of ridiculous Mary Sues and Legomances.
Mikkalea Luna chapter 6 . 2/27/2011
I enjoyed reading this story very much!

I find it always interesting when the people in Gondor realise that Aragorn and Thorongil are in fact the same person.

And i liked that Hurin was one of the main characters of the story, because there aren't many stories where he plays a important role!
Tracey Claybon chapter 7 . 6/4/2008
I have always respected your work and the depiction of those with disabilities as 'able' as the rest of us in their own ways. I have had both friends and family members [My mother is partly paralyzed, and others in the family have MS or lupus] over the years who taught me the potential all humans have to accomplish great things, regardless of physical limits.

Your stories always have great humanity and show that courage comes in many forms - the biggest is usually surviving what life tosses your way. This story is yet another spectacular jewel in a string of beautifully cut gems.

Thanks, as always.

Tracey
vectis chapter 6 . 6/1/2008
It was a real treat to read something based on behind the scenes activities, for a change, and you managed to describe it all with such detail that the characters and settings came to life. I liked Hurin very much and I don't think that his disability would have stopped him from defending his family and country if the need had arisen, afterall, Admiral Horatio Nelson continued his naval career despite the fact that he had lost an arm and was blind in one eye (although I suppose being onboard ship is different to being in battle).

Thank you for such an enjoyable, and yet, thought provoking piece

of writing.
szepilona10 chapter 7 . 6/1/2008
Thank you for another great story!

God Bless!

vectis chapter 4 . 5/30/2008
Great detail in the right to the throne debate and with the logistics of getting the country re-supplied after the war. Very well written and believable.
szepilona10 chapter 6 . 5/29/2008
I loved this chapter! Is it done?

God Bless!

elentarri chapter 6 . 5/28/2008
Brilliant!
szepilona10 chapter 5 . 5/25/2008
Leonid is acting like a little kid waiting anxiouxly for some ice cream! Nice chapter! Update soon please!

God bless!

chrisfardell chapter 4 . 5/23/2008
This is really good!
Sar-kaz-m chapter 4 . 5/22/2008
More political/cultural/heraldic/prescedence awesomeness! Loving it. You wouldn't happen to be a SCAdian herald? Anyway, great stuff, I love this level of detail.

Cheers,

CK
Sarahbarr17 chapter 4 . 5/22/2008
Really good!

Hugs,

Sarah x
Aelaer chapter 4 . 5/22/2008
Excellent, excellent fic. Beautiful, and on a subject matter I find really interesting!

Hurin is often overlooked- I will admit I have overlooked him, as well- so it is fabulous that you are focusing a whole story on this minor character.

One small correction- Aragorn is not seventy-eight, but rather eighty-eight. He turned 88 the day he met Gandalf the White. But other than that, brilliant my friend! I am eager for more.