Reviews for The Hand of Seth
AutumnAtMidnite chapter 15 . 6/7/2015
Sheer brilliance! It might have helped that I've been on the worst sort of Egyptian kick, but this really hit the spot and gave me a fix in the best way possible. LOVED the elements of sci-fi (not an avid watcher of Dr Who but was delighted at the crossover all the same), and have to say, this was not only an engaging, but a very well plotted mystery besides.
PSW chapter 15 . 4/22/2015
What a great story! Thanks for writing...
PSW chapter 6 . 4/22/2015
What now? Curiouser and curiouser... Holmes is getting annoying about not taking a second for lunch and a nap, hopefully they get that straightened out. Good story, thanks for writing!
PSW chapter 4 . 4/21/2015
A Doctor sighting! This is fun... :-)
PSW chapter 2 . 4/21/2015
Oh no! I guess they waited too long... I don't know if you still see your reviews for this, bit I'm enjoying so far, thanks for writing!
Magisterium chapter 15 . 9/2/2014
Some stories seem to transcend mere fan fiction, and this one was definitely among that number. I loved there was an actual plot to this, how it played out - Holmes deducing is always ftw! - and the bits of h/c that really allowed their remarkable friendship to shine through. You have their characters on the bullseye, and maybe its attributable to how well Brett played his part, but I could see this as being based on Granada or Canon.

Was not expecting that ending, and while not very familiar with Dr. Who, I have to say it elicited a giggle from me when I realized what you were doing there. Very clever. Thank you for a most enjoyable read!
brintraveler chapter 14 . 4/17/2013
But don't get me wrong: despite my criticism this was a great story that I really enjoyed reading. I suppose it may be pointless to review so long after the story was published, but I thought you might want to know that people are still reading this years later. I can only imagine the time and brainstorming it took to come up with the idea for this story, not to mention actually carrying it out so well. All except for the ending and Doctor Who elements, I could've easily mistaken this for one of Conan Doyle's works. Even the title smacks of him.
brintraveler chapter 15 . 4/17/2013
Wonderful story, although the ending was a bit of a dissapointment. Except for the ending, the story flowed exactly like Doyle's narratives; and I was impressed by the details you included. Even the bit about Holmes's deductions at the beginning concerning the pen were spot-on. Being the purist that I am, the inclusion of Doctor Who elements weakened the story in my mind; and Holmes's losing his faculties to such an extent deviates too far from Doyle's world. The ending was a little confusing, to be honest; but the rest of the story was very good. So all in all, good work. I realize this was one of your first fanfics (at least that you have published here), and I look forward to reading your others and seeing your writing progress. I know it has because I've read your Phantom fics which are the best I've ever seen.
Azolean chapter 15 . 8/20/2012
I don't typically go for crossovers or AU's in this particular fandom. But this was absolutely incredible.

Not only was this the first one of yours I've read, but it was long enough to be truly engaging. I thoroughly enjoyed every chapter. Even without any knowledge of the additional crossover elements, it made for a wonderful Sherlock Holmes story in general.

Thank you for all the time and effort that went into the creation of this fic. I greatly look forward to reading more.
Rokesmith chapter 15 . 3/8/2012
A very ambitious story, but you carry it off brilliantly. I'm a big fan of the Granda series' interpretations of the classic Holmes stories - and Brett will probably forever remain my favourite 'classic' Holmes - and you manage to keep the grounded but none the less extraordinary atmosphere of those episodes - and the stories on which they're based - perfectly. You capture both of the main characters perfectly, along with a narration that's a great homage to the original stories.

As for the Doctor Who angle, 'Pyramids of Mars' is one of my favourite classic adventures and the puzzle-solving, gothic ghost story atmosphere of most of it fits in very well with Holmes. And much though I love the story and the Doctor, I'm very impressed with the way you had a perfectly sensible reason for his interference to be kept to a minimum so he didn't overshadow the story. You balance it all very well, leaving the characters baffled but the audience - who know the rest of the story - able to enjoy your 'prequel' to Pyramids that's also a brilliant stand-alone Holmes investigation.
catnip94 chapter 4 . 1/29/2012
I was delightfully surprised that the Doctor suddenly showed up in this! XD I wasn't even aware that you put Doctor Who elements in there, until the curls-and-scarf part!

Good thing I didn't read the descriptions beforehand :) Mind you, I usually do but this time it really gave me a wonderful surprise.

Doctor Who and Sherlock Holmes are my two most favourite things on earth!
charliebrown1234 chapter 15 . 1/3/2012
Wow. I don't know if I've added this to my favorites yet or not because I have read it before, but needless to say it is definitly going on there after this! You have a great writing style and both of the Baker street boys are perfectly in character. Wonderful job!

And if you don't mind me asking, why does it matter that Holme's hair was singed?

~charliebrown1234
thegriffin88 chapter 15 . 11/24/2011
This took me a bit to read but I'm glad I did because it's freaking brilliant!
Karm Starkiller chapter 15 . 4/14/2011
Congratulations on doing a splendid job pitting Holmes against the cult of Sutekh - and cocaine. It ties in very nicely to the Granada series. :)
tapd0g chapter 15 . 7/8/2010
Brilliant stuff! I loved the way everything tied up so nicely; Holmes's singed hair was a great touch, and the news-clipping of the events of PoM was just excellent :D