Reviews for The Hand of Seth
tapd0g chapter 9 . 7/7/2010
Professor Scarman! In Baker St! And a poisonous clockwork scarab thingy cliffy! Too much excitement for one day. I think I need a cuppa and a good lie down now : )
tapd0g chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
Yippee! A dream mash-up: Pyramids of Mars and Sherlock Holmes. My cup runneth over!
rblix111aol.com chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
a good thing about coming across your writing only now is that I get to experience it for the first time as an unexpected pleasure. Your story not only reflects the sense but the rhythm of the cannon.
Anonymous chapter 15 . 2/5/2010
Loved it. I was captivated the whole time. Normally I'm not a fan of those odd twists when a visitor from the future comes or when the supernatural comes into play, as I don't find it plausible, but I didn't hate it this time around. In fact, it spurred my imagination.

Couple of typos here and there, but overall the tone was appropriate for the Doyle style of writing; at least much better than a lot of rather awful attempts by other authors. Often writers will make them too cute or will make Holmes too obviously emotional; you didn't, thank you. Also, I am glad there was no slash or fluff... that just breaks the illusion.

Look forward to reading more of your work.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 15 . 1/12/2010
This was really good to read. The mild Doctor Who crossover was fantastic, and I truly enjoyed those elements. Your writing is amazing, and Watson's reactions to Holmes drug was very realistic.

Keep writing!
Anawey chapter 15 . 1/7/2010
Great story! I was really worried for Sherlock most the time, and I love Watson. Reminds me of my own life, and a certain friendship I have. She reminds me a lot of the stubborn side of Sherlock, and in that way, I can really relate with Watson; like heck I'd leave her in a tight spot.

But seriously, this was a wonderful story. In the very back of my mind, the last bit of this I'd read would continue hounding me all through the school day. Again, really great.
E chapter 15 . 9/24/2009
Fantastic! I read the one entitled "A Single Step" before this one, and now I can appreciate more how you describe the great friendship between Watson and Holmes. I also loved the way you played with the idea of how Holmes ended up with that different haircut on the Devil's episode of the Granada series. I never heard of Dr. Who before, but my curiosity has benn raised to find more about it.
elfmaiden4legs chapter 15 . 9/15/2009
I absolutely loved this! Although if I may make one slight critism, and it's nothing at all to do with the quality of your writing, exceptional story telling ability, nor the fact that you managed to capture the charaters of Holmes, Watson and Mycroft amiably, and the language likely to be used by all in the period set, it's just the small fact that I wasn't too taken with the Doctor Who universe cross over (and this is only because had it not been for that I could easily almost have believed that I was reading an original Holmes story!). Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of both Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Who, and your story worked wonderfuly, but just for a moment it was nice to imagine! Yours is the best quality of Holmes fiction I have ever read on here! You are an incredibly talented writer! If you've written any other Holmes fiction I will check them out, and if they are at all of this exceptional quality I think I may have just found myself my favourite writer of Holmes fanfiction in all my years as a fan! Congratulations!
Ceretis Paribus chapter 15 . 6/28/2009
Brilliant!
ShiftingWinds125 chapter 15 . 4/16/2009
This story was good! I loved it! I love the ending line. It took me up until the battle that the mysterious doctor was Doctor Who.
Dimac99 chapter 15 . 1/25/2009
Excellent gen story, I'm looking forward to the sequels now. Your characterisations of Holmes and Watson are just spot on. And don't think I didn't notice the thing about Holmes's hair - I always did think Jeremy sported the most bizarre cut in The Devil's Foot...
sayam chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
I thought it was a wonderful story..U have developed the characters and situation exactly as ACDoyle. Of course the end was slightly more predictable than his normally are but still i enjoyed reading the story very much. Just didnt want it to end.
FoggyKnight chapter 15 . 9/8/2008
*choke* Did you mean to do this? "He looked a little mollified by my words, but said, “Not without Mrs Holmes." I wasn't sure if someone mentioned it yet.

Great story, liked the way you added Doctor Who to this. I think this is what got me to watch the Doctor Who marathons on Sci-Fi lately of Doc 9 & 10.
Volume-Of-A-book chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
I loved this one, usualy I hate cross overs, but this one was excellent!
LinZE chapter 15 . 7/11/2008
Thank you so much for sharing this piece - I've really enjoyed your take on the Holmes/Watson relationship and especially in regard to Holmes' health.

I do hope that you continue to write and to share your works.

Thanks again