Reviews for Unfortunate Reality
Scotty chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Sheer genius.

Stumbling onto your account has been like finding a new continent, or being loosed in a candy store with carte Blanche in hand.
hereviltwinsister chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
wow, really interesting!
Snoaz chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
This is a very interesting take on canon, and a believable, too. I love your writing style, it seems like you have real talent; especially to convey so much in so little words.

I look forward to reading more of your stories! :D

~Snoaz
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
Wow I loved this... what a turn on the ordinary perspective.
done.with.marblesxx chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Interesting.

(Sorry that I can't say more. My brain is currently mush).

.marblesxx
Update chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
I don't think I've ever thought of that before. Peter is a traitor, and a slimeball, etc. etc., but he defeated Voldemort. Unknowingly, but he did.
Snood199 chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Wow. I love the Emmeline stories...this one is so bleak.
The Critic chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
How dare you become a lawyer instead of a writer? You have real talent!

Eh, well. Congrats on being a lawyer; a wonderful feat.
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Wow great piece! Because of course someone must've seen the numbers and appreciated the trade of in lives. Way to take a hard view of things!
Copper Kestrel chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
Beautiful story. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way, lol (though admittedly about Peter rather then Sirius.)! I love the way you can evoke so many emotions in such short, alsmot terse descriptions.
Nongarak chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Lulz. Epic. This is obviously before anyone knew the truth, but still. Very good writing, it sounded like poetry. You should attemp to write verse, if you haven't already. Seriously.
lyin chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
love so many details here that give emmeline substance- living in Nottingham (which makes me think the Sheriff of, robin hood, but more importantly, like her age, grounds her in a place); sirius baiting her w/ 'nicknames she was far too old for; dedalus diggle breaking her window w/ a catapult charm and his ill-aimed shooting (a little bit of character right there). what i find interesting is she's really dubbing peter a hero, though she doesn't know that and it does bring a really interesting concept in that is so often forgotten- everyone was relieved voldemort was defeated, and lily & james were just the cost. since we see it through harry's eyes, sirius' eyes, etc., the cost is high- but look at the peaceful life, for years, it won for the weasleys and their lot. what i like is how you managed to put forth this different pov through a very specific lens, really turning emmeline into a person with neatly inked plans that came to naught. nice piece!
TheRavenclawNinja chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
That was wonderful. I can't think of many words to say about it except wonderful. I've never really thought about it the way she did.

Nora xx
Anomalous Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
I guessed I missed this one earlier...but it's lovely, really. Emmeline is one of my favorites! Excellent job, again.
mustardgirl1128 chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
And Emmeline simply cannot see it that way. Two lives traded for dozens, for hundreds, for thousands. It seems like a fabulous bargain, really, in a black-and-white world where numbers matter more than friends, where the lives of two strangers aren’t any less valuable than two people you look in the eye, where it’s easy to recognize that of course the lives of two twenty-one-year-old kids don’t even begin to tip the scales.

That was amazing. Such a fantastic story-I loved the above paragraph best. I love how she's such a planner, how Sirius acts like being an Order member makes him invincible, etc.

One thing to say to Ms. Vance-the world isn't black-and-white, it's colour, and friends DO matter more than numbers, no matter what she thinks. Because a broken heart will never make up for the loss of Voldemort, not in my opinion.

Ooh-I feel deep! LOL. Fantastic feelings & characterazation, LOVED it!