Reviews for Jack To The Future : A Random Chronicle
meowbooks chapter 26 . 9/8/2008
Ah, bless the former royal navy commodore!

"Norrington shut the door just in time to deflect a viciously hurled pillow."

Hehe. Excellent way to end it.
PhantomPenguin chapter 27 . 9/8/2008
Poor James...drawn into Jack's various misdeeds through merely association :p

Somehow, that doesn't surprise me..maybe Jack will give the Commodore a bit of dishonesty...

Great job! I love that the entire chapter is purely conversation _
PhantomPenguin chapter 26 . 9/8/2008
Jack and James have such an interesting relationship :p

I think that Norrington will make a fine bodyguard for Jack, though.

Great chapter!
orpsgod chapter 27 . 9/8/2008
Ah, jus’ like olden days.”

“I'm becoming nostalgic for them myself...”

Now just how did James mean that? Is he nostalgic for the olden days because he would have actually been able to shoot something at Jack? I'm sure? that doesn't happen to be the case...

Great chapter and as always impatiently waiting for more! :)
mypiratecat1 chapter 27 . 9/8/2008
Oh, the absolutely delightful name calling! I am laughing out loud as I type this..."Pompous ass!" "Feckless libertine!" "Stuffy Commodore!" "Absurd Pirate!"

You have really hit your stride with these wee little Jack and James stories! Keep them up... they are wonderful!
orpsgod chapter 26 . 9/7/2008
Ah! The friendship deepens. Huzzah for that. I was disappointed when I read this...disappointed that this chapter had to end. I could have gone on enjoying the interaction between the two forever. I do have faith that there will soon be an update and for a few moments I will be satisfied, till I have read that one and I am forced to wait for the next. Very well done as always. And as always begging for more. :)
mypiratecat1 chapter 25 . 9/3/2008
I must say that I am not in the same league as your other reviewers as far as going into so much detail, but I will continue to say that I am truly enjoying your "Jack and James as friends" chapters... and chapter 25 is, by far, my favorite chapter of this entire collection. Wonderful visuals and conversation between these two, and the ending was just...dare I say it?... so sweet!

And as always, the thought of Jack, James and my favorite candy (I mentioned that before, didn't I?) made for lovely thoughts. And I completely agree that M&Ms and rum make for a wonderful taste sensation... it's actually one of my own favorites! :)
orpsgod chapter 25 . 9/3/2008
I find myself repeating myself over and over when it comes to your stories, which does in fact not make them any less meaningful...These are wonderful and it would be fantastic if they could go on forever! (and I am not saying this just because you have started to include James, really I'm not) So well written and you do a marvelous job with keeping James and Jack just as we love them despite the time change. Please do continue. :)
Aenea Endymion chapter 25 . 9/3/2008
Shame on me for giving you a review so late.

I read your chapters quite a while now and I am so stunned that something like that could work. Havent thought about that.

You have quite a talent to send Jack to important and even to not so important historical events...I so enjoy his journey through time I cant say.

You write the whole broad band of funny, sad, thoughtful stuff, I really appreciate it. Hystory lessons with Jack included.

You put Jack strong will to live pretty much into nearly every story...even when he is sometimes really down, feeling the weight of his age, better said experience...all stories have this touch and thats whats touching me. I think sometimes about favorite vampire stories of mine...they often bore the same with their experience and age (at least the good ones).

And an absolute highlight are the Norrington chapters. Wow. I am not especially a friend of Jack/Norri stories, but this is great. The reenactment stuff was glorius! Im myself an reenactor (viking age 960 ad) and one sometimes really wished to meet someone from the past to get to know how it really was...

A perfect start for Norringtons new life in the here and now!

And absolutely cute was Jacks statement that he is glad that James is with him now. I think albeit they will have some quarrels in the future, they can be happy to have each other and they dont feel so lonely in this new age...especially Jack. I am happy for him that he has a comrade now, one I have never guessed, but Norrington wasnt that bad. I think, under different circumstances they could have become friends even in their own time. A thing they can catch up to now! Would be great to read something like this...serious talk about the hurricane episode which Norri escaped barely...that would be an interesting topic...

Okay, considering that I wrote such a late review (shame on me), I tried to make it bit longer to get you to know how much I appreciate the stories you wrote.

PS: hey, what about the red haired woman?
PhantomPenguin chapter 25 . 9/3/2008
Aw... :p

That was simply wonderful! Norrington is probably the best person Jack could have picked to bring to the future _

Great job (and thanks for the image of a skinny-dipping Jack!)

...my mind wanders... :p
PhantomPenguin chapter 24 . 9/1/2008
This is simply amazing! I am quite taken with the thought of Jack participating in various historical events; your creativity leaves me astounded.

I'd always kind of wondered what would have happened had Jack found the Fountain of Youth, and this provides the perfect saga of events!

I love it _
Wednesday1990 chapter 24 . 8/30/2008
Once again I've got to say that you are awesome. It's funny though, I didn't know that I was reading one of your stories until you first told the story about his mum and dad in the chapter set in 1961. I thought it was odd that someone else had the same ideas about Jack's heritage. LOL

Anyways I'm glad that you're finally keeping to an even timeline. All that jumping around was confusing the hell out of me. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Ja ne.
Lily Yamamoto chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
I really like you're story, the concept is cool!
Calliope's Silence chapter 24 . 8/29/2008
First thing: Awesome story! Original and creative. And VERY unique.

Some Spanish corrections from Chapter 11:

¡Consiga trabajar! - Does not mean "Get to work!" it means "Get work

Correction: ¡Empieza a trabajar!

¿Qué usted está haciendo aquí, extranjero? - What you are doing here, stranger?

Correction: ¿Qué está haciendo aquí, extranjero?

Me pierden, buen Señor. ¿Puedo saber quiénes usted es? - I’m lost, good sir. May I know who you are?

Correction: Me he perdido, buen Señor. ¿Puedo saber quien es usted?

Necesito un lugar permanecer. Estoy dispuesto a trabajar. Mi nombre es Jack. - I need a place to stay. I am willing to work. My name is Jack.

Correction: Necesito un lugar donde permanecer.

Usted puede venir con nosotros para ahora. Descubriremos si hay trabajo para usted. - You can come with us for now. We will find out if there is work for you.

Correction: Usted puede venir con nosotros por ahora.

Éste tiene buenas maneras. Su nombre es Perla. - This one has good manners. Her name is Pearl.

Correction: Esta es educada.

Muy gracias, Señor. - Many thanks, sir.

Correction: Muchas gracias, Señor.

I hope you don't find this insulting, it's just my way of trying to help out.
mypiratecat1 chapter 24 . 8/29/2008
Your continuing story between Jack and James is really fun to read! And to picture them discussing the Olympics! But picturing Jack Sparrow in tandem with M&Ms? Well, you know how I feel about that! A perfect chocolate confection!
277 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »