Reviews for Jack To The Future : A Random Chronicle
orpsgod chapter 24 . 8/29/2008
As always I just can't say enough good things about your writing. I'm glad you again included James, just can't get enough of him, and him and Jack together is indescribable. I like the little details you throw in, and the characterizations ring true. Thank you for continuing to continue writing Jack to the Future! Hope to read more soon. :)
meowbooks chapter 13 . 8/22/2008
The American Revolutionary War is one of my favorite eras.I've always thought if Jack were around then he'd root for the rebels. :D
meowbooks chapter 12 . 8/22/2008
You're lovely at deftly describing smaller moments as well. :D

Ice cream! Jack does have good judgment-dessert and decision wise.
meowbooks chapter 23 . 8/22/2008
And James will undoubtedly bring the perfect gravity to his reenactment role. :D

Jack always surprises me in this. :D Bravo to you, and your artful way of representing his (and everyone else's) complexity. :D
orpsgod chapter 23 . 8/22/2008
I was so glad to see an update! And may I say it is as good if not better than the previous chapters which are marvelously done. I love the fact that you have continued to include James and hope you will continue in that vein for awhile. As you know I can't get enough of the two of them together. Wonderfully done! Looking forward to more.
BlazeStryker chapter 22 . 8/13/2008
I can truly see Norrington as the one to be with Jack in the years to come, sometimes nearer and sometimes further. James was always one to put the mission before all else, but something in him is as much an explorer and, yes, an opportunist, as one Captain Jack Sparrow.
PrincessLillibet chapter 22 . 8/10/2008
a riveting narative, I hope you write more. Jack's view on PotC perhaps? Norringtons inclusion is an intriging plot twist.
meowbooks chapter 22 . 8/9/2008
My apologies for not reviewing every chapter, but rest assured I will go back to review more.

JAMES! Thank you, this is a most interesting development. And Casablanca?
mypiratecat1 chapter 22 . 8/9/2008
Absolutely delightful! Bantering Jack and James, former adversaries who might yet respect each other... hmm, dare I say it? That they might become grudging friends of a sort? Well done!
orpsgod chapter 22 . 8/9/2008
I almost died when I started to read this! You have done some marvelous things with your Jack to the Future but this has to be my all time favorite so far simply because you found a way to bring my James back! I shall place a thounsand Kudos at your feet for that! Wonderful as always and as always looking forward to more. :)
Zada and Hadassah chapter 21 . 7/2/2008
this one makes me sad for some reason but great non the less
Starling Rising chapter 21 . 7/2/2008
A very subtle cameo on your part. I would never have guessed if you hadn't told me. I never thought of Jack as melancholy, but I guess eternity will do that to a person. I know he gets lonely, since he can't really stay put for a long time. Not that I think he'd want to; he'd get bored.
orpsgod chapter 21 . 7/2/2008
What a wonderful 'chapter' you have written here. I was totally taken with the way you get into Jack's thoughts. A lovely piece. The songs you chose to include incorporated with Jack's mood perfectly. I have a feeling the longer he chooses to visit the Fountain the more wistful he will become, but because he is Captain Jack Sparrow he will also continue to look for the zest in life as well. And to think you were there busy with key lime pie and recipes when you perhaps could have been swashing and buckling with the best! Thank you for writing this, and definitely looking forward to more. :)
BlazeStryker chapter 20 . 6/27/2008
Jack is very particular to hats-to willingly give to the cause like this is high praise indeed!

I happen to share a birthday with Ludwig, so I took the time to pick up a few ideas to go with the trivia. Certainly he would be so caught up in the Work as to not stop until he noted the applause, as the music was literally his life's work. That singular drive was noted in his every biography.

I add one more note: Deaf people like music, and the more thunderous the better. The reason? *Vibration* is felt, which the deaf can and do dance to, and given that he composed on piano, Ludwig was using vibration to compose as and after he lost his hearing, and certainly using it to keep track of the symphony.

His tyrannical command and control issues were quite real, but understandable, since he placed everyone just-so to better track and produce quality work, particularly as his hearing went south.

Just a note. (Hopefully not flat)
BlazeStryker chapter 17 . 6/27/2008
Napoleon Bonaparte was, it has been pretty well proven, fed a small and steady supply of arsenic. This had the effect of steady weakness, incapacity to escape and start again, and (in time) the stomach cancer.

It should be noted that his body, all these years after, is nearly perfectly preserved.

As for Jack.. he does tend to end up in the wake of these things. There's every chance he saw the brutalities Goya sketched first hand, or their immediate consequences.
277 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 .. Last Next »