Reviews for Jack To The Future : A Random Chronicle
cowboykelly17 chapter 2 . 5/1/2009
I love the story so far, I can just picture Jack. One kind of random thought, would Will have come to the site of the Titanic's sinking to pick up souls? Just an idea that popped into my head while reading this. Anyways, great story so far!
A Bibliophile chapter 24 . 4/27/2009
James' POV is quite interesting as, while Jack as had time to adjust, he is new to the present and finds many things puzzling. I was wondering when his shock over lack of clothing on females would show up, especially after I read about his discomfort with wearing swimsuits.
A Bibliophile chapter 7 . 4/26/2009
This chapter reminds me of "letters from Iwo Gima'. I blame the OC's personality and the Japanese war code.
A Bibliophile chapter 6 . 4/26/2009
Groovy. Wasn't Woodstock the concert where thousands more people than expected showed up, but there was no violence?

I feel so out of it; I'm not taking a history class at all this year.
A Bibliophile chapter 5 . 4/26/2009
Great timing for this story as I just finished a large multi-month long project on JTR.

While there was one suspect related to royalty that was suspected of being JTR, there were numerous other suspects as well. Some thought JTR to be a woman, a butcher, a surgeon, a merchant and many, many more. Still, because the evidence is so scarce and contradictory every theroy is as good as the next.

That being said, I really enjoyed this chapter. I'm really amazed that you took the time to look up historical facts on so many events. It must have taken you ages. You must really enjoy history.
A Bibliophile chapter 2 . 4/26/2009
Wonderful and terrible imagery. With absolutely no movie references as well!
Lasgalendil chapter 15 . 4/22/2009
I absolutely loved seeing Jack with Ghandi. It reminded me so much of Barbossa's line: but yeh've always ran away from a fight. Perhaps Jack, not Ghandi, is he true father of nonviolent protest...

Another poignant chapter, tying Jack's past closely to 'current' events.
Lasgalendil chapter 14 . 4/22/2009
I love all the subtle connections you make! A Mr. Ragetti interested in historical artifacts, indeed!

Jack's tale is lovely. The symbolism of the head scarf and the honor with which he lives remind us how well his mother taught the lesson. His donation to the Tuberculosis society was powerful.
Lasgalendil chapter 13 . 4/22/2009
I loved this chapter! It was good seeing Jack taking a stand in the Revolutionary War. His comparison of a pirate ship to a country was quite amusing, but no less profound. It was good to see him serving alongside a descendant of Mercer. Clearly Jack can get over prejudices based on ancestry or name.

An especially strong moment was the ship bucking under her rare compliment-almost as if she could hear him and understand. I love how you have personified Jack's ships and mounts-horse and motorcycle alike.
Lasgalendil chapter 12 . 4/22/2009
I knew of the Scott expedition-it was horrible. Seeing Jack wisely turn back and his remorse for the poor horses that he knew would probably not survive the journey was quite sad. Jack has a good heart-but he can't save everyone.
Lasgalendil chapter 11 . 4/22/2009
When I saw the chapter title I thought perhaps for a moment Jack would be the captain of the ship that took Eva Peron's body to Europe. Alas, I was wrong. But it was good to see him in the Pampas. His respect for the gauchos way of life-as fiercely guarding of their independence as any seafarer, as well as easing his mind about Barbossa. Jack is an unprejudiced man, even if it takes him some time to get over things.

I love the constant flashbacks he has to his former life. Brent, the Will look alike, and Scarlett and Giselle the Biker Babes, and now Miguel. He misses his old life, deep down inside. I can't wait for James to come into the story!

It was good to see him learn how to ride properly-clearly one of his life dreams!
Lasgalendil chapter 10 . 4/22/2009
I absolutely adored this chapter-especially after reading the Seahawk in Winter. It is so nice to learn more of Teague and Jack, and the reason they were so estranged. Jack's hatred of aristocracy is so well defined from this tale.

Again, I love the history and depth you place into this tale. Who knew they would be learning about Scuba when they clicked on this link? Certainly not me! Jack's participation in so many random historical events is quite amusing.

His attachment to the Pearl-and the last line of this fic-are truly poignant.
Lasgalendil chapter 9 . 4/22/2009
I really loved this chapter! Showing Jack as Willy's father figure, his disappointment at Will and Elizabeth's choice to die, his outrage at Willy's abandonment, and his continued looking after his family's fortunes was heart wrenching. All in all, I love how you have portrayed every one in this chapter. The wise elder, Jack, perpetually the child, and Will and Elizabeth growing closer and closer in their old age. The elder was right about Jack's despair: their son was the last living tie to his life. From now on, he will be alone.

The Andrew Lloyd Weber inclusion was inspired, by the way!
Lasgalendil chapter 8 . 4/22/2009
Hilarity! "Waggled her...assets at me." I liked seeing Jack as the less than entirely scrupulous rescuer. Again, his verbosity and cleverness have paid off.

I'm starting to notice a pattern with his ship names. They're either Black Pearl derivatives, or reminiscent of Elizabeth (much like Long Liz from the Jack the Ripper chapter). It seems like there's a hint to something more than simple nostalgia between the two of them.
Lasgalendil chapter 7 . 4/22/2009
I love how much history I am learning from this fic! I knew that the US had concentration camps for Japanese nationals (and even US citizens of Japanese descent), but having never taken an Australian history course, did not know of the existence of the Cowra POW camp. Thanks for much for the history lesson! After seeing Australia and Quigley down under, I can really see the unforgiving hotness and bleakness of the empty desert.

I love Jack's thoughts turning to Will. "Better to die than have no honor." He is a very compassionate man, willing and able to see both sides of a dilemna. I think this is what makes him such a good negotiator. Another excellent chapter! Jack's dialogue, and thoughts, were simply fantastic.
277 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »