Reviews for Heroes of Arcadia: A Hero's Virtue
Jazzerman chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
heh, nice to see someone else likes Record of Lodoss War. I loved that show.
DarkWriter00 chapter 5 . 9/15/2004
Yay, this was an awesome sequel to Heroes of Arcadia-The Gamemaster's Legacy. I liked the X-Men refs, hehehe those were funny. I'll be sure to check out the rest of your stories, but for right now I gotta send ya an email about a couple things ;)

Keep it up with the awesome writing!
DarkWriter00 chapter 3 . 9/14/2004
HEY! I just read your first Heroes of Arcadia yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it! I shall finish reading parts 4 and 5 tomorrow. BTW, i think you should check out my stuff.
Traiden chapter 2 . 7/26/2004
Anther master peice
Shadow Beast1 chapter 5 . 6/15/2004
great storys, i'm looking forward to reading the rest.
Rock Raider chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
Hey, Bault. Maybe when the statue was wrecked the first time, & Sally suggested that somebody who hated you did this, you should've suggested that it was probably Packbell who did it to get back at you for wrecking his ship.
Rock Raider chapter 4 . 3/13/2004
Wow. You know, Queen Alicia's condition sounds a lot like what a robotocized mobian looks like in Sonic Underground.
Ian Reid chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
Deep, man, that was deep. You are so good, just watch grammar and spelling, would ya?
Ian
Donegone chapter 5 . 12/15/2003
That was a good one. Sorry it took me this long to get to it, Ant, but with with work and all. Still, I foudn this one to be a lot more character driven than the first Arcadia fic. Good to see that even the hero can have flaws and insecurities and the like. Makes it more believable.
Well, *cracks knuckles* time to move onto the next one. Good work ,Ant!
Mecha Shadow chapter 5 . 6/15/2003
You said this wasn't your best work, and I disagree. This is one of your best. Don't just assume that something isn't very good just because you think you can do way better. As a friend, I'll say, your better than you think! Keep it up, dude!
Link Hunter chapter 5 . 5/9/2003
This is yet another awesome story!

(Told you I wouldn't stop reading till I'm done)
PerfectDarknessmon chapter 5 . 11/2/2002
Very well written, Dark Gamemaster is a bastard.

Even though I like Darkness more than the Light side, I only like Dark people who try to help those of Light.

Guess that's all I wanted to say...
ArthurEKing chapter 5 . 10/6/2002
Alright... well a nice little set of short stories tied together... and Anthony FINALLY has a fault! nice to know he's not perfect, eh? hehehehe.

Okay... I think I've finally identified one of if not the biggest flaw in your writing... it's one a lot of writers have, so don't berate yourself too much.

The biggest problem i see, is how quickly, and easily he learns to do things. How easy it is for him to gain power. First it was the spell that awakened his psionics, which is all very well, I mean he needed something to get him to the point where he could make a real difference so it's not that bad a thing.

At least you didn't give him all his powers, leaving something to be gained. :)

But when it came to the descendency powers, again, there's a tiny little problem. Not big, but it would have built up the suspense a lot more. You could have had each of the other descendants play a large part in the reclaiming of the powers.

Or rather... whether it was actually the descendants, or just someone from each of the different worlds... kinda make it so that you NEEDED to have all the worlds get together to unlock the powers... only the portals to mobius and hyrule were actually needed in this case, because they were placed in mobius, with the key in hyrule. not bad, it's a start... but what about gardinia and neo-earth?

And then later on in the beginning of this series, Anthony learns the powers of past-sight the very first time he tries. Teleportation too... but that one was built up well, and he kinda needed to use it, and he wasn't even trying to... so it was well done :)

And now in Relm, you don't even bother going through the training process, or even really discussing much of what his powers are in this world... you just say he can fly, trains for a while, and then the battle starts.

I think it would allow for a much better story, if you made him WORK for his power. There has to be a price to pay, and he's gotta pay it sooner or later.

Also, another thing that you might want to add is the entire threat from the original story of Sir Eric, the one where he had to use "the final power" to destroy the incarnation of the god... can't remember the name of it, but you might want to throw write the return of those guys in the future. just as an idea, hehehe.

Heck, for all i know, you might already have done so, because this is still an early work, and i haven't read all the rest yet... but assuming it hasn't already been done... think about it.

Anyways, I thinkt hat's about enough of my thoughts for today... you've done well exploring emotions in this particular chapter... and i'd like to see them spread more liberally throughout all your works... but you do still need to work on description... and try to avoid repeating yourself. I noticed that in the very first story you used the same line three times, and in this one, you used a couple of words a little too often.

So I think I've said enough... take my opinion for what it's worth... veyr little other than to point to things you might want to do or change int he future. pointing out potential problems. if you think it's great the way it is, great, if not, well then change it if you want.

Review you later!

ArthurEKing chapter 4 . 10/6/2002
only one problem...

doesn't ANYONE die? sheesh... all the happy-go-lucky stuff...e verylone deroboticized... everone is reunited with fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, friends, etc. and every time you think someone is actually dead... you bring them back.. hehehe.

not that that's a bad thing... just thought it was both funny, and interesting. something you might want to think about.

on the note of actual writing, I can honestly say that you're slowly introducing more description into your stories... but you're still keeping the descriptive and dialogue portions of the story quite seperate... sorry, I'm a description freak. leave me alone :)

good work man :)

ArthurEKing chapter 3 . 10/6/2002
definately interesting to say the least :)

suicide has always been a subject near and dear to my heart, and your way of writing of julian's attempt is in some ways very accurate, and in other ways completely wrong. but regardless of correct, and incorrect, you are at least talented and emotional in your portrayal thereof.

in other words. even the parts that you have wrong, you've done right :)

three down, two to go... hehehehe.