Reviews for A Little Less Conversation
Clara Brighet chapter 1 . 1/1
That. Was. Incredible. Really impressive but of writing you've got there. The amount of meaning and emotion you managed to portray through minimal dialogue and basic description was impressive, to say the very least. Seriously, I am AMAZED by the overall tone and quality of this piece! I enjoyed if very much. :) Thank you for writing!
- Clara B
ccase13 chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Yeah, with their business they know the doctor who lost his comatose daughter was right and that they don't ever want to see good people again.
Aaleiyah JoRayne Hunter chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Nice. I love it. I loved Dean's "We were in the neighborhood" too. Of course Georgia is in the neighborhood to Ohio. Makes perfect sense. Anyhoo, great job!

As Always,

Desi Jo
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Really liked this story. Very cute, very sweet, and quite funny at times. :)
Laura of Maychoria chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Beautiful. Lovely and understated, sweet in a stretched way, if you catch my drift. Loved Sam's instinctive desire to help, and Dean's resistance, because life is hard and he can't afford to be soft. Elvis is such a sweet boy, a great OC. It was lovely to see him get home. And a great snapshot of Sam's journey, too, his new understanding and acceptance of the life they lead, even while he doesn't want it for Elvis.

Wonderful story.
GracelandFan chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
While Dean is gathering their things from the trunk, Sam twists around in his seat, left arm hooked over the back. “Look, this is kind of hard to explain, but I promise it’s nothing illegal.”

Awesome story. One for the record books.
NC Girl chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I just absolutely love your writing style. It's just so unique and refreshing and fun and a whole lot of other adjectives that don't come to mind at the moment but run through my subconscious every time I read one of your stories. ;-)

I particularly like this story because of its subtle quirkiness. You keep the brothers completely in character but somehow the story itself seems to be just a fraction off-center and, in my opinion, that is what makes it so good. And despite Elvis’ lack of dialogue, he’s a fully developed character that won me over almost instantly. And, as always, you had at least a couple of lines thrown in there that made me laugh out loud!

Thank you for another fabulous story. I selfishly wish you had the time to post more frequently but when you do, it’s ALWAYS worth the wait!
PADavis chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Just exquisite - clean, deliberate style, and these perfect short scenes. Last two lines were brilliant. Thanks for this.

Phoebe
may7fic chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Adored this story. Love how it's Sam who takes in the stray but Dean who ultimately rescues him. And caves... so big brother of him.

Though this wasn't an outsider POV story, it still had that insightful feel and I loved that about it. In this case it's Sam, looking at his own upbringing from Elvis' POV. Loved his "Dad was right".

Lovely fic - thanks for sharing it!
FraidyCat chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Some of the best fics I have ever read - some of the best I have ever written - are oneshots, and it's a shame they do not get more reviews. This is an excellent story, from the title to the final period. It brings up a lot of emotion in a very short time and leaves the reader understanding everyone just a little better. I invite you to the forum "Calling All Authors" (link on my profile); I think you would enjoy it there. We have a thread for story links, and I'd like to see this one added. A large group of really fine writers frequents and/or moderates the forum and we're always up for good stories.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
That's got to be the best opening lines I've read on a fic! I honestly thought the boys were going to be facing off against the ghost of the King for a second there!

I really liked how you placed this in the show's timeline without actually spelling it out - John's still around, Sam's just figuring out that maybe he should have tried to bridge the gap he's encouraging Elvis to bridge with his dad. There was a real season one feel to this, and after recent episodes that's a little bit of a relief in some ways!

Great story!
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
For all that our boys are dangerous hunters, they have such tender hearts, and your fic really reflects that. The description of the dad was awesome.
Pedellea chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
This was a nice and gentle piece. I like the slices of life you paint in between hunts (well, this one had a hunt, but it wasn't the focus, which was nice). The ending was bittersweet, how both Sam and Dean never want to see Elvis and Matthew again. Thanks for writing!
sylia91 chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
Loved this fic! How the Winchesters always help people out and not only by taking out monsters but by not turning away from someone in need of help even as Dean pretends to be all gruff and tough.
carocali chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
First off, great title! Love that the kid's name was Elvis! :D

I like that not everything the boys do has to be hunting. Their mantra is 'saving people, hunting things' and that's just what they did. True, they've now opened the doors for the teen to know what's really out there, but in the end, they saved him. Who knows what would have happened to the boy.

Thanks for sharing!