Reviews for The Line
Ageon chapter 8 . 3/18/2010
This story has been tremendous to say the least, I love the point of view. I have to say, I really want to know what happens to Toro, and Ishe as well. Hope you update
Lil Kumo chapter 2 . 7/10/2008
nice plot setting !

and full of awesome bits as "we should talkā€¦if you survive"

XD
Shadow Wasserson chapter 8 . 6/3/2008
You have a very visceral style of writing. It's refreshing, and gripping. I still want to know more about Toro's motivations, though.

Note that there isn't really a 'Buddhism' in the Avatar world, as far as we know. Buddha has never been mentioned. Their spirituality is Buddhist-like, but it's not exactly the same.

Other than that, good job!

-SW
Ardala91 chapter 8 . 6/1/2008
Sweet chapter. What happens to Ishe? And See? Can't wait to read more!
tege chapter 7 . 5/28/2008
Your fight scenes are very visual, very gripping.

Toro has a kind of death wish? Or he just doesn't care that much? Is it because his civilian life was such a deadend or is it his personality that makes him so apathetic?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure him out.

Looking forward to next chapter.
Ardala91 chapter 7 . 5/28/2008
Argh! Cliffhanger! Nice chapter though.
Toshi91 chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Nicely written, a very good use of words and you managed to portray the fire nation solders almost perfectly... :) U got talent don't waste it.
Ardala91 chapter 6 . 5/27/2008
It was still good. It was cool to learn more about Ishe.
Shadow Wasserson chapter 6 . 5/27/2008
This is a very interesting story. It's not often that we get the perspective of a common soldier, and it's a valuable one. It's a side of the Avatar world we don't get to see, and while I don't really like the fire nation soldiers, they are a bit sympathetic.

One piece of advice I have is to better develop Toro's motivations. He seems so lost, not believing in his country or himself or anyone else. He doesn't seem like a sadist looking for a fight, so that can't be the reason. Is he looking for meaning in the Army? Giving him a better motivation would do wonders for this story.

Just my 2,

-SW
tege chapter 6 . 5/27/2008
I just started this fic due to my fear of Marysueitis.

This is so good. It captures the Avatar world so well. The characters are very realistic. In the show, you see bodies fly, flame shot, but you get no sense of the consequences of those actions.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Ardala91 chapter 5 . 5/26/2008
The story is going along great! Your action sequences are exciting and fluent. Can't wait to read more.
Ardala91 chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Realistic, brutally so, but very good. It was a pleasure to read. Hope to read more soon!