Reviews for Fairytale Romance
Flying Banana Dinosaur chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
You don't think this was that good? Are you kidding? This was so awesome, though! I envy how well you use imagery, and how you can describe the feelings of the character so well that it feels like I'm actually experiencing those emotions, too. That doesn't happen often, especially in fanfiction.

And I'm blaming you with my addiction to this pairing. xD (Normally, I'm a yaoi kind of person. I haven't read a het fic in almost four years, until... these past two days. All your fault.) I'm inspired.

Thanks for writing such an awesome piece!
Talren chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Ah, the Princess and Knight comparison between those from the Fairy tales and Kent and Lyndis. Funny how I never noticed the differences between the two and the archetype.

The comparison of Lyndis to the Princesses of the fairtales was nothing short of masterful. We see that Lyndis is not the gentle, meek Princess, and Kent's rescues aren't fufilling or glorious as the ones in the fairytales are.

However, I find a few quirks in a the scene of Hausen's death and the scene that follows. We don't see much of Kent's feelings when he sees his lord die, or when Lyndis asks him about abdiacation. He has been serving Lord Hausen and Caelin for so much of his life, what are his thoughts as he sees them both go away? We don't see how he feels after Lyndis gives him a kiss on the cheek. Having feeling guilty about even just observing her from afar, does he feel guilty mixed with happiness at the intimacy?

However, aside from that, this was an enjoyable read.
SierralaineWalsh chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Aww. Simply brilliant. Loved it.
Kairikiani chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I like how you kept the fairy tale theme consistent throughout. I never thought about juxtaposing knights' roles in fairy tales with their social status; it was a great idea. Like always, you characterize Kent and Lyn very well. I look forward to reading more of your work.

P.S. I love the part where Kent worries about Sain teasing him.
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
Wow. I really love how human you make all the characters. Lyn-yes, japanese-animated-perfect-body-perfect-hair-always-overcoming-every-obstacle-with-grace Lyn-is so not perfect. She's stubborn and gets depressed (that line was great, by the way) and does stupid things. Like fight Sorrow and Death with a sprained ankle. But even better than Lyn is Kent...because you've taken a totally cliche fairytale-esque knight and made him love fairytales. You made him so relatable, with his desire to play hero and his realization that being a hero meant that someone else was in real danger. Leaning back into imaginary walls doesn't hurt, either...xD. (So adorable!)

I also really REALLY liked the whole paragraph about how a real princess was "never lying on her back, writhing in agony from multiple lacerations". So epic.

HAHAHAHAHA NICE LEGS. Oh, Kent. Your thought process never fails to amuse me. (Excellently done, Manna...)

I think the one comment I had was on that sentence "princes marry princesses, not knights..." I think you should have phrased it "PRINCESSES marry PRINCES, not knights..." because the first thing I thought of was a prince marrying a knight O_o.

Aww, that's so cute...does Lyn really count as a princess? Is Kent really truly absolutely a totally terrible person for loving her? (One of these days I'll be waiting for someone to just walk up and be like YES, KENT. YOU ACTUALLY ARE A BAD PERSON. Just for variety xD.)

Hmm. Another long review. You make me do that. You started it-it's all your fault! xD. ANYWAY. There was too much about this fic that I liked to put down in one review. Just know that I really enjoyed it (Once again!).

-Kender
Edward Houshi chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
You write about Lyndis not being a regular princess, but have you ever thought that maybe Kent isn't a regular knight either? I know he's supposedly the 'ideal' for a knight, but how often do people actually commit to duty like that?

Anyways, good story. I like it.
FireEdge chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
Hahaha, this was so cute. The beginning was especially humourous. I can just imagine a little Kent listening, awe-struck, to his mother telling him stories. While it isn't neccessarily a bad thing, I do have to agree with you that this was rather long. The only complaint with its length would be that sometimes it felt like the theme was getting lost. Still, I really liked the whole plot. The whole knight in shining armour rescuing a princess worked very nicely with Kent and Lyn (though I'm kinda wondering if being a marquess counts as being a princess... mere trifles, though). Anyway, this fic put a smile on my face and brings back good memories of all those old fairytales and Disney movies. ) By the way, am I on a roll or what? I've hit like 4 or 5 stories today!
Maxmagnus20019 chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
Awesome, very awesome indeed.

A good theme that was very well executed using your favorite pairing :P

Keep up the good work! I'll go read the other fic now xD
Schadenfraude chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
I really like the theme of the fairytale princess and knight and it worked well. Both of them seem to be perfectly in character. To me, the ending seemed slightly rushed but that didn't really make the story any worse. I really like the way you described how Kent let go of his "princesses don't marry knights so she can't marry me" mindset. Kent is such a closet romantic :)